Match thread v dogs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Match thread v dogs

Armoooo wrote:Shattering, the free kick against Newnes was the difference. Hate seeing the umpires cost us a game.
Yep that was a shocker

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Well Teffers and Firey will be happy.
woooo hooooo
Image Image
picks yeah baby :)

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Club needs to make an enquiry into what the rules are for blocking in marking contests are, I swear I saw about 15 in that game that could have been called.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Win or lose this is the worst game I have watched all year and Richos worst coaching performance! The guy simply does not have a plan B or one piece of coaching acumen when undr pressure! If its not in his pre game plan its not on, he needs to get someone with more of a feel for the game in the box with him.
Where did that come from?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
matrix wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
woooo hooooo
Image Image

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Kick-it-lace-out
Club Player

We need to get Billings, McKenzie and Fisher back in for Ray, Schneider and Gilbert.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

What a waste - turnovers killed us and our kicking for goal was atrocious - 4 more scoring shots

So 4pts gone begging - some will be happy

Good signs for the future though given the Dogs are probably ahead of us

Our pressure was amazing throughout just need to get our forwardline functioning better - 55 to 44 inside 50s in our favour

Bring on Essendope!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote:Very proud of my team, they will be hurting but they just proved to all clubs they are easybeats no longer.

Terrific last quarter. Two really talented, up and coming teams. Terrific to be showcased free-to-air nationally on a Saturday night, it can only earn us respect.
A lot to like about the youth of this team - I am very bullish about the next couple of years! To consider that the Bulldogs are supposedly the up and coming young team of the next couple of years - the pressure that we showed and the intensity - Consider yourself lucky Bulldogs - not many times are you going to have a team kick 7 - 14 against you.

We are on fire - look out - Do not take us lightly!!!!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Won and lost in the first quarter.

F50 entries just woeful. So many for such low return.

Just bombing it to contests.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
spert
Saintsational Legend

Lucky we got close, so I guess OK, but Richo comprehensively out-coached in the third quarter where we lost it. Midfield and forward structures just didn't work for much of the game and resulted in the Dogs getting the ball far too easy. What we didn't need was the terrible disposal of Gilbert which cost us hugely in a tight game. Very impressed with Ross when he subbed on. Gotta fix that clearance work- it's killing us this season.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Kick-it-lace-out wrote:We need to get Billings, McKenzie and Fisher back in for Ray, Schneider and Gilbert.
Tonight is proof we have the makings of a very good side, despite turnovers after half time we are the real deal.
These bodies need to get bigger and some handy picks after this season will have us climbing the ladder sooner than expected.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Ross won't be the sub again. Great skills, unfortunately his last kick got intercepted otherwise we were on for a forward thrust.

Stupid stupid bloody rule.
Last edited by magnifisaint on Sat 27 Jun 2015 10:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
matrix wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
woooo hooooo
Image Image

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!
good to see you on board with the clear thinkers :)

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Lucky we got close, so I guess OK, but Richo comprehensively out-coached in the third quarter where we lost it.
Gotta disagree with your opinion

We had more scoring shots, more inside 50s, more disposals, more tackles unfortunately though we had more clangers

We lost the 3rd quarter not because of Richo's coaching but due to infuriating turnovers - 3 of which lead to direct goals for the opposition - cant see how Richo is to blame for those

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

turnovers all night.

Kicking to poor options inside 50. Repeatedly.

Was not coaching, or one single act.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

magnifisaint wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Win or lose this is the worst game I have watched all year and Richos worst coaching performance! The guy simply does not have a plan B or one piece of coaching acumen when undr pressure! If its not in his pre game plan its not on, he needs to get someone with more of a feel for the game in the box with him.
His (AR) game plan tonight and match ups made us an ordinary and worse side. Slow forward movement allowed the Dogs to flood back in numbers and gave our delivery and fowards no chance. We allowed the Dogs to double and triple team Reiwoldt or Bruce and they just waited for the spoils.

Playing Schnieder on Wood all game was as sound a coaching move as Roos with Oxley against the Pies. Disgraceful!

Should have won by 5 goals, that game took us back, there was nothing to be gained from that loss. AR has again shown he is an incompetent coach when Plan A doesnt work!
Last edited by WinnersOnly on Sat 27 Jun 2015 11:11pm, edited 2 times in total.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
spert wrote:Lucky we got close, so I guess OK, but Richo comprehensively out-coached in the third quarter where we lost it.
Gotta disagree with your opinion

We had more scoring shots, more inside 50s, more disposals, more tackles unfortunately though we had more clangers

We lost the 3rd quarter not because of Richo's coaching but due to infuriating turnovers - 3 of which lead to direct goals for the opposition - cant see how Richo is to blame for those
This!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
saintbob
SS Life Member

magnifisaint wrote:
WTF, may I suggest you get someone to sit in the lounge room with you and have them help you understand the game a little bit more so you don't make ridiculous posts like this one!!!

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
WTF, may I suggest you get someone to sit in the lounge room with you and have them help you understand the game a little bit more so you don't make ridiculous posts like this one!!!
Sorry you don't make any sense at all.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Haven't been his biggest supporter, but Seb Ross was pretty much Sam Mitchell reincarnated (except that last turnover kick) in his time on ground.
Terrific effort.

Brilliant coaching performance.

Roo an absolute marvel. Must be near our best ever. Shameful of the dogs fans to boo him relentlessly, but it won't effect him or be made anything of.

Longer underwhelming yet again, but slightly better than usual.

They paid waaayyyyy too much for Boyd. Will be a bust. No better than Tippet, at best.

Lonie won't get the rising star nod, yet again, but geez he is a superstar in the making.

Steven kicked poorly, yet was dynamic.

Gilbert is one of my favourites, so will cut him some slack. But needs to take his first option faster.

Geary has clearly been given the directive to kick short and safe and not to take risks with his kicks. I think it's brilliant and he was great today, good on him. Those that know me know I am not his biggest fan. Terrific today.

Newnes great and tough and leadership.

Dunstan best game for the year.
I
Would've won with Billings.

Well done to Paddy tearing it up in the vfl today, great news..

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote: Well done to Paddy tearing it up in the vfl today, great news..
Quick everyone on the betting websites and put the house on Sandy to win - still at good odds considering Paddy tore it up!!!!

― Aristophanes

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Haven't been his biggest supporter, but Seb Ross was pretty much Sam Mitchell reincarnated (except that last turnover kick) in his time on ground.
Terrific effort.

Roo an absolute marvel. Must be near our best ever. Shameful of the dogs fans to boo him relentlessly, but it won't effect him or be made anything of.

They paid waaayyyyy too much for Boyd. Will be a bust. No better than Tippet, at best.

Lonie won't get the rising star nod, yet again, but geez he is a superstar in the making.

Gilbert is one of my favourites, so will cut him some slack. But needs to take his first option faster.

Geary has clearly been given the directive to kick short and safe and not to take risks with his kicks. I think it's brilliant and he was great today, good on him. Those that know me know I am not his biggest fan. Terrific today.

I

good summary...were they really booing Roo ? or was that our supporters doing the Roo thing.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:good summary...were they really booing Roo ? or was that our supporters doing the Roo thing.
No it was clearly a young Bulldogs fan booing him when he was lining up for goal.

― Aristophanes

Sobraz
SS Life Member

The Fireman wrote:
Sobraz wrote:Haven't been his biggest supporter, but Seb Ross was pretty much Sam Mitchell reincarnated (except that last turnover kick) in his time on ground.
Terrific effort.

I

good summary...were they really booing Roo ? or was that our supporters doing the Roo thing.
Thought it was the Roooo thing too initially, definitely boo's though, constant early especially. Confirmed by Luke Holmesby posing the question as to why on twitter. Booing with venom.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

They have many reasons not to like him.