Aaron Hamill

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Re: Aaron Hamill

Gary Colling is more St Kilda than any of us will ever be. Also underneath most of the great marks of
the 70's.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
mordi
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:I was a big Colling fan.

He spent a lot of time working at the club after he finished playing.

I'm surprised at the lack of love.
I'm sure he still loves the Saints .... my comment was in context of do players revert to their original team they barracked for as a kid. Seems like they do, very hard to change that ingrained support. Look at Gerard Healy , once a saint always a saint.

What's the Point of it All?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mordi wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:I was a big Colling fan.

He spent a lot of time working at the club after he finished playing.

I'm surprised at the lack of love.
I'm sure he still loves the Saints .... my comment was in context of do players revert to their original team they barracked for as a kid. Seems like they do, very hard to change that ingrained support. Look at Gerard Healy , once a saint always a saint.

He follows Sydney though.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

No, he doesn't. He barracks for the Saints. So does Dunkley - and Fevola.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:No, he doesn't. He barracks for the Saints. So does Dunkley - and Fevola.

No idea about the other 2 but I guessing all 3 follow the club they played the most games for. Healy certainly still follows Sydney.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:No, he doesn't. He barracks for the Saints. So does Dunkley - and Fevola.

No idea about the other 2 but I guessing all 3 follow the club they played the most games for. Healy certainly still follows Sydney.

He has a bit of a soft spot at least and pays up his membership every year. I think the rabid fan thing is unusual once you have played. It's like Johnny Patton he was apparently very aware through his junior development that to have a team was only going to disappoint you when you were sent out to he draft. His family are rabid Saints..or were. He has said he followed the dees and the Saints at different times but he certainly wasn't a fan boy of any club. Fev is the only modern footballer who was a fan boy while playing I can think of. He used to hang around the Saints players and would tell people he would love to play for us.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He has a bit of a soft spot at least and pays up his membership every year. I think the rabid fan thing is unusual once you have played. It's like Johnny Patton he was apparently very aware through his junior development that to have a team was only going to disappoint you when you were sent out to he draft. His family are rabid Saints..or were. He has said he followed the dees and the Saints at different times but he certainly wasn't a fan boy of any club. Fev is the only modern footballer who was a fan boy while playing I can think of. He used to hang around the Saints players and would tell people he would love to play for us.

Yes he did but he still follows the Blues as far as im aware. Matter of fact I would be pretty sure. And I agree most wouldn't be rabid fans once they play AFL but most usually end up following the club they played for especially if they were there for a few years.