Crowley and Afl = joke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Crowley and Afl = joke

mr six o'clock wrote:The Afl have suspended Crowley for a year , back dated to september last year , so if freo make the GF he could play !

I thought if you took a proper banned substance like he did ( not a pretend one like saad) that you got at least two years .
Saad ought to go public this is injustice in the extreme and they tried to appeal his :shock:

“Yeah….nah””
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I dont mind what Crowley got. I just wish the Bombers had come out and said - ok we stuffed up - we dont know fore sure what players took so we deserve a 12 week ban- and got on with it. The blaming of everyone else is just infuriating. They should have ushered Hird out and put Bomber in.
In a few years it would be all forgotten and Hird could come back. If he really wanted to coach he could have gone elsewhere as an asst for two years. But he wouldnt do that because I dont think he even really wants to be a coach that badly. He just feels entitled to it.
It has cost them more in legal fees to fight this whole thing than the costs associated with being sued by players. I still think the chances of any future health damage to players are fairly low. But since they fought tooth and nail - the bastards deserve a year.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/r ... hm0f5.html

pain medication ?/
St Kilda's Ahmed Saad received an 18-month suspension for taking a banned substance in a sports drink. In contrast to Crowley, ASADA did appeal Saad's verdict, seeking a two-year ban, without success.

Methadone is a medication that can be used as a pain reliever, and has often been used as a less powerful substitute for heroin by addicts who are trying to wean themselves off the drug. Under the AFL and World Anti-Doping Agency codes, it is a "specified" substance, which is less serious than most banned drugs and meant Crowley was allowed to play immediately after first his late season positive test. He accepted a provisional suspension on September 25 last yea
r.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I dont mind what Crowley got. I just wish the Bombers had come out and said - ok we stuffed up - we dont know fore sure what players took so we deserve a 12 week ban- and got on with it. The blaming of everyone else is just infuriating. They should have ushered Hird out and put Bomber in.
In a few years it would be all forgotten and Hird could come back. If he really wanted to coach he could have gone elsewhere as an asst for two years. But he wouldnt do that because I dont think he even really wants to be a coach that badly. He just feels entitled to it.
It has cost them more in legal fees to fight this whole thing than the costs associated with being sued by players. I still think the chances of any future health damage to players are fairly low. But since they fought tooth and nail - the bastards deserve a year.

A player is never going to say that though if they honestly believe they are innocent. The club get no penalty. The players get the penalty.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

A player is never going to say that though if they honestly believe they are innocent. The club get no penalty. The players get the penalty.
It is just delicious that you consider yourself a spokesman for all players.

We have been over this before but how can they 'honestly believe they are innocent' if they dont know what they took? They cant.
They can say well we dont know - so we think we are innocent but we arent 100% sure. To be sure then you or them will be able to tell us exactly what they took and back it up with records. It aint hard to follow this logic but it seems lost on you.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

It is just delicious that you consider yourself a spokesman for all players.

We have been over this before but how can they 'honestly believe they are innocent' if they dont know what they took? They cant.
They can say well we dont know - so we think we are innocent but we arent 100% sure. To be sure then you or them will be able to tell us exactly what they took and back it up with records. It aint hard to follow this logic but it seems lost on you.

Yep because there has been so many players who have gone out on their own and said they are guilty. Do you live in fantasyland? Hello walt.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:These unlucky rulings have been happening for a long time...could it be that no-one cares about saints so we get the extreme bad but for many other teams there is a bit of pressure on the adjudicators because of the outcry. Whatever I am sick of it and am really annoyed at the fools that won't accept that it happens. Won't put anyone offside if you don't cry poor-bugger-me. I, unlike others on here do not enjoy copping it up the arsse
It's not so bad in the privacy of your own home between consenting adults. You should give it a try sometime, you might be surprised how much you like it.

supersaints
Club Player

sunsaint wrote:so here are the known knowns
stimulant vs pain killer
same lawyers for both players
more culpable fault in Saads' case as he was actually sponsored by the company
ASADA did not appeal penalities in either case

...yet people still complain about the AFL ?
ASADA did appeal Saad's case , tried to give him two years instead of the eighteen months...

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Stian
Club Player

Another difference between this and the Saad case is that Saad had to stay right away from the club until the end of his suspension (some time in Jan or Feb this year) yet Crowley can train with the club after 24th July (even though he is suspended until 24th September).

Has anybody seen some news/commentary/etc that explains the reason for that difference???

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Stian wrote:Another difference between this and the Saad case is that Saad had to stay right away from the club until the end of his suspension (some time in Jan or Feb this year) yet Crowley can train with the club after 24th July (even though he is suspended until 24th September).

Has anybody seen some news/commentary/etc that explains the reason for that difference???

That's actually untrue. He was allowed to train before his suspension finished just as Crowley is allowed.

Stian
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Stian wrote:Another difference between this and the Saad case is that Saad had to stay right away from the club until the end of his suspension (some time in Jan or Feb this year) yet Crowley can train with the club after 24th July (even though he is suspended until 24th September).

That's actually untrue. He was allowed to train before his suspension finished just as Crowley is allowed.
No, don't you remember that he was drafted late last year and then had to wait until Jan/Feb before he could train with the club?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Stian wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No, don't you remember that he was drafted late last year and then had to wait until Jan/Feb before he could train with the club?

He was allowed to train earlier than the suspension finished.

Stian
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Stian wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Hmm, OK. But was it (1) with the club and (2) for a whole 2 months before his suspension ended ?????

I don't recall the exact date that his suspension ended. My impression is that it was in Jan or Feb when he began full training with the club ???

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Stian wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Stian wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Hmm, OK. But was it (1) with the club and (2) for a whole 2 months before his suspension ended ?????

I don't recall the exact date that his suspension ended. My impression is that it was in Jan or Feb when he began full training with the club ???

Yes he was allowed to train with the club as soon as they got back from the January break. It was around 7 weeks before the suspension ended.

Stian
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Stian wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Stian wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes he was allowed to train with the club as soon as they got back from the January break. It was around 7 weeks before the suspension ended.
OK, then that is about the same as Crowley. Thanks for that. :)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im not surprised at anything the afl do any more

not surprised at all
it should be nicknamed the handshake league