Guess this weeks ins and outs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mrkiss
Club Player

Re: Guess this weeks ins and outs

I think Big Hickey is a def out with the 2 rookies & possibly shents
Gilbo Mav & Dunstan in

would love dmac back & goddard to get a crack

not long to see whos right

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The coach loves Shenton, but I think he believes that Sammy adds more to the side. Will be interesting as you say.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

OUT
Schneider, Sinclair, Hickey, Shenton.

IN
Gilbert, Dunstan, Weller, Membrey.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

In tonight: Weller, Dunstan, Gilbert, McKenzie, Goddard

Out: Sinclair, Schneider (rookie list) xxxx

Tough competition for spots, then Fisher may return after the Bye.....

No Contract, No contact :shock:
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Out Sinc Schneids
into squad Weller Gilbo Hugh Dmac Minch

final change
out Cam
in Weller Hugh Minch

older saint
SS Life Member

Out: Schnieder, Sinclair, Shenton

In: Weller, Dunstan, Gilbert.

Emerg: Goddard, Minchinton, McKenzie

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Great that we have more players that should be INs' than players we are prepared to nominate as OUTs

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Great that we have more players that should be INs' than players we are prepared to nominate as OUTs
true that Baz

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:If Gilbert comes in off two VFL games, solid without being sensational, makes the 'VFL form counts for a lot' line even more of a Furphey!! Surely after the best part of 2 years out, he should spend longer in the 2's...were not talking about a Judd, or a Cyril Rioli! Hasn't done enough IMO to walk straight back in, nothing against Gilbo personally, agree with Richo, he will make us a better team when he's got a solid 4-6 games under his belt without interuption...but for him to get a magic carpet ride back into the 1's...there'd be some dissapointed other i reckon...anyway, he's not been named yet so might amount to nothing.
I tend to agree
surely given his injuries a longer vfl stint made sense

“Yeah….nah””
FQF
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
Saint wagga wrote:If Gilbert comes in off two VFL games, solid without being sensational, makes the 'VFL form counts for a lot' line even more of a Furphey!! Surely after the best part of 2 years out, he should spend longer in the 2's...were not talking about a Judd, or a Cyril Rioli! Hasn't done enough IMO to walk straight back in, nothing against Gilbo personally, agree with Richo, he will make us a better team when he's got a solid 4-6 games under his belt without interuption...but for him to get a magic carpet ride back into the 1's...there'd be some dissapointed other i reckon...anyway, he's not been named yet so might amount to nothing.
I tend to agree
surely given his injuries a longer vfl stint made sense
The injury aspect is a medical staff decision, and given their form this year, I think it would be presumptuous to second guess them. A fit Gilbert is a starting playing in pretty much every team in the comp.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Spencer White not selected anywhere again and not on injury lust. Why the cloak and dagger stuff. Why can't someone come out and say something? If it's personal then thats fine, just let the fans know.

Apologies if the answer is in another thread. I am lazy.

8856brother wrote:Spencer White not selected anywhere again and not on injury lust. Why the cloak and dagger stuff. Why can't someone come out and say something? If it's personal then thats fine, just let the fans know.

The answer is no where.

What really pisses me off is that Richo has a presser today but the journalists are so unprepared that they don't even know to ask the obvious question. They just ask the same meaningless questions as every other week. It's their paid job for God's sake, they could do a bit of research before going to a presser.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
8856brother wrote:Spencer White not selected anywhere again and not on injury lust. Why the cloak and dagger stuff. Why can't someone come out and say something? If it's personal then thats fine, just let the fans know.

The answer is no where.

What really pisses me off is that Richo has a presser today but the journalists are so unprepared that they don't even know to ask the obvious question. They just ask the same meaningless questions as every other week. It's their paid job for God's sake, they could do a bit of research before going to a presser.

Seriously why would a journo care about a seconds player. No journo is going to worry about that. Only some supporters would know he isn't playing. Bet many Saints supporters don't know. We need to stop thinking a Journo is a mad sainter.

FQF
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
FQF wrote:

The answer is no where.

Seriously why would a journo care about a seconds player. No journo is going to worry about that. Only some supporters would know he isn't playing. Bet many Saints supporters don't know. We need to stop thinking a Journo is a mad sainter.
He is a bit different to your regular seconds player. When he debuted last year, the Saints media turned it into a week long extravaganza and the mainstream media were very aware of him. Some VFL players capture the media's imagination (ala Majak Daw who gets much more press than a regular seconds player as well).

It's really not so much to ask for a journo to do some basic research, as would be expected in every other profession.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

I surfed the net and looked on twatter. A couple of suggestions that he has a foot issue and will be back after the bye. If true I am extremely disappointed in the club. Pretty basic information.

FQF wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
FQF wrote:

The answer is no where.

He is a bit different to your regular seconds player. When he debuted last year, the Saints media turned it into a week long extravaganza and the mainstream media were very aware of him. Some VFL players capture the media's imagination (ala Majak Daw who gets much more press than a regular seconds player as well).

It's really not so much to ask for a journo to do some basic research, as would be expected in every other profession.

That's what you think because you follow the club closely. The facts are he has played 2 games in 3 years. he isn't news and should not have been mentioned in a presser. They only have a short period of time. Majak daw is hardly even close to a comparison.