I'm torn...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm torn...

Carlton & Gold Coast have the mortgages sewn up for the bottom levels. Our effort shows that we are looking well above that so frankly this continuing discussion is rather redundant.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

And we've improved!
We wont finish last - the Boyd year was the year for that..anyway

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:But its simply not true to say I want us to lose every game - why do I need courage to say something that I know wont happen and dont believe in?
Your becoming more illogical by the post.
Have another drink.

Havent had a drink but a common response from you when simple questions get to hard. Havent you told us 60 times the system rewards you for finishing lower? I will answer because you wont. Yes you have. And how canyou be assured of finishing the lowest this year? Another simple question and the answer is not to win anymore games.

Or do want to win occasionally and not get the best pick possible? I cant answer that but it would be silly to do that when you have told 50 times the system rewards lower picks. There is no doubt you don't have the courage to say losing every game this year will ensure better picks than winning occasionally. We are behind keyboards teffers. It doesn't matter if you tell us you want to lose the last 12 games. We don't know you. Its ok.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Big change for Citywest , normally starts a thread and gets "p#$s off troll!"
This time round 16 pages of erudite discourse.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:But its simply not true to say I want us to lose every game - why do I need courage to say something that I know wont happen and dont believe in?
Have another drink.

Havent had a drink but a common response from you when simple questions get to hard. Havent you told us 60 times the system rewards you for finishing lower? I will answer because you wont. Yes you have. And how canyou be assured of finishing the lowest this year? Another simple question and the answer is not to win anymore games.

Or do want to win occasionally and not get the best pick possible? I cant answer that but it would be silly to do that when you have told 50 times the system rewards lower picks. There is no doubt you don't have the courage to say losing every game this year will ensure better picks than winning occasionally. We are behind keyboards teffers. It doesn't matter if you tell us you want to lose the last 12 games. We don't know you. Its ok.
Nurse?

Seriously Pluggs youve lost the plot.

I want us to finish as low as we can to maximise our draft selection options this year - thats not last. Thats as low as possible taking into account that we are a better side than last year and also who has/has not improved around us.

Would I take pick 3 over 5 or possibly 6? u bet. Its also better at the bargaining table ...(thats another whole round of benefits from having higher choices but lets leave that for next weeks thread..)

Nothing happens in a vaccum Pluggs......

It isnt hard.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Big change for Citywest , normally starts a thread and gets "p#$s off troll!"
The topic is a good one.

If you take into account our current status its very relevant.
If you remove emotion from the responses IMHO it would be an even more interesting discussion...but alas.....those who purport an opposing view to the pack arent 'real' saints fans...yawn.

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Have another drink.

Nurse?

Seriously Pluggs youve lost the plot.

I want us to finish as low as we can to maximise our draft selection options this year - thats not last. Thats as low as possible taking into account that we are a better side than last year and also who has/has not improved around us.

Would I take pick 3 over 5 or possibly 6? u bet. Its also better at the bargaining table ...(thats another whole round of benefits from having higher choices but lets leave that for next weeks thread..)

Nothing happens in a vaccum Pluggs......

It isnt hard.

Alright lets play your game and say GC and the Blues will finish bottom 2. How do we guarantee us finishing third last. There is only one way and that's to lose every single game left in the year and as you told us many times pick 3 is better than pick 5. If we win one more maybe we will get pick 5 so obviously you would be suggesting losing every game to ensure we get the best pick possible. 2 and 2 equals 4. If you tell me another way of ensuring our best pick possible im all ears.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:Big change for Citywest , normally starts a thread and gets "p#$s off troll!"
The topic is a good one.

If you remove emotion from the responses IMHO it would be an even more interesting discussion...but alas.....those who purport an opposing view to the pack arent 'real' saints fans...yawn.
It is relevant, and I can see valid points in both sides of the argument.
Endless regurgitation of the same points reminds me of the Big Mart days!
Why can't you guys make a point and let it go, if you can't convince the other side the first couple of times it won't happen with further repetition!

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
citywest wrote:1. I haven't been banned permanently from Bigfooty. I can prove this if you want me to.
2. I have clearly stated that I don't want St Kilda to win the wooden spoon.

Instead of getting emotional saintsRrising, how about you discuss the issue by putting your view forward and backing it up with proof. The only thing you have achieved with your latest post is to completely dis-credit your self.

My suggestion is to go to my user and check out my recent post and read what I have actually said in this thread. You may actually realize that I want the Saints to win the flag just like you.
Winning the # 1 pick means winning the wooden spoon. The logical conclusion toyour and Teflons magnificent and well thought out strategy is to get the best pick possible which is obviously #1 pick.

If you believe in optimising and maximising our chances at the draft, you have to believe you want no.1 pick, which means you want the wooden spoon.

Unless you want this you dont believe in this wonderful strategy.

So can you and Teflon answer if you want to maximise our chances which logically means the no.1 pick, or you only want to sorta maximise it by winning a arbitary number of games and not really maximising our chances at the draft?

you see this is how sensible your fantastic cerebal strategy look when taken to its logical conclusion.

Of course Citywest want the second option cause he wants us to win 6 games for the season (thereby barracking for another nine losses this year) so he is not really committed to the teflon doctrine of tanking and failure for three woosen spoons in a row.

Sounds like a great recipe for success. You guys should apply for the job of CEO and coach. Iam sure your business strategy would go down a treat with anyone that has more than a Bookkeepers crtificate.
Why does it follow that I want us to maximise our draft picks and therefore it must be pick 1?
That takes no account of where we actually are a side and we are not last and wont finish last
Honestly, the lack of intellect is astounding.
Just think before reaching for that lap top....(or lap dog if Pluggers over at yours...whichever comes first..)
BBecause that is the definiton of the word maximise. You accuse people of lacking intellect yet you dont even know the definition of the word you used for your strategy.

To maximise your chances in the draft you have to have pick #1, yet you now dont want to maximise our chances now. You sound very confused.
You want to take into account where the side is at. What does that even mean if it is not its ability to win matches, which you dont want it to do because you cant then maximise the chance in the draft. But at the same time you want to take into account the ability of the team.

What happens if the ability of the team is to finish 9th. Do you suddenly dont want to take "where they are at" into account because we havent maximised our draft chance?

Sounds like a very circular argument and not very well thought out. Doesn't make sense.

You are garbage - Enough said
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Is pick 3 better than 5?

All hypotheticals but my view doesnt include losing all remaining games and I have never stated such - thats your hyperbole.

We may only win 1 or 2 more for the year.........tell me again how losing 2 instead of 1 sets us back a decade and turns us into annual losers??

All ears.

“Yeah….nah””
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

whiskers3614 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
The topic is a good one.

It is relevant, and I can see valid points in both sides of the argument.
Endless regurgitation of the same points reminds me of the Big Mart days!
Why can't you guys make a point and let it go, if you can't convince the other side the first couple of times it won't happen with further repetition!
thought it was a fan forum. Didnt realise there is a finite amount of posts can be made on a thread if it is unlocked.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:Is pick 3 better than 5?

All hypotheticals but my view doesnt include losing all remaining games and I have never stated such - thats your hyperbole.

We may only win 1 or 2 more for the year.........tell me again how losing 2 instead of 1 sets us back a decade and turns us into annual losers??

All ears.
Hypothetical such as the above.

What happens if we win another 7 and finish ninth. Will you be dissapointed or is that where the "team is at"?

I'm all ears :wink:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
citywest wrote:1. I haven't been banned permanently from Bigfooty. I can prove this if you want me to.

Instead of getting emotional saintsRrising, how about you discuss the issue by putting your view forward and backing it up with proof. The only thing you have achieved with your latest post is to completely dis-credit your self.

My suggestion is to go to my user and check out my recent post and read what I have actually said in this thread. You may actually realize that I want the Saints to win the flag just like you.
Winning the # 1 pick means winning the wooden spoon. The logical conclusion toyour and Teflons magnificent and well thought out strategy is to get the best pick possible which is obviously #1 pick.

If you believe in optimising and maximising our chances at the draft, you have to believe you want no.1 pick, which means you want the wooden spoon.

Unless you want this you dont believe in this wonderful strategy.

So can you and Teflon answer if you want to maximise our chances which logically means the no.1 pick, or you only want to sorta maximise it by winning a arbitary number of games and not really maximising our chances at the draft?

you see this is how sensible your fantastic cerebal strategy look when taken to its logical conclusion.

Of course Citywest want the second option cause he wants us to win 6 games for the season (thereby barracking for another nine losses this year) so he is not really committed to the teflon doctrine of tanking and failure for three woosen spoons in a row.

Sounds like a great recipe for success. You guys should apply for the job of CEO and coach. Iam sure your business strategy would go down a treat with anyone that has more than a Bookkeepers crtificate.
Why does it follow that I want us to maximise our draft picks and therefore it must be pick 1?
That takes no account of where we actually are a side and we are not last and wont finish last
Honestly, the lack of intellect is astounding.
Just think before reaching for that lap top....(or lap dog if Pluggers over at yours...whichever comes first..)
BBecause that is the definiton of the word maximise. You accuse people of lacking intellect yet you dont even know the definition of the word you used for your strategy.

To maximise your chances in the draft you have to have pick #1, yet you now dont want to maximise our chances now. You sound very confused.
You want to take into account where the side is at. What does that even mean if it is not its ability to win matches, which you dont want it to do because you cant then maximise the chance in the draft. But at the same time you want to take into account the ability of the team.

What happens if the ability of the team is to finish 9th. Do you suddenly dont want to take "where they are at" into account because we havent maximised our draft chance?

Sounds like a very circular argument and not very well thought out. Doesn't make sense.
Oh My God!

Are you seriously telling me that maximizing your choice means you MUST finish last and get pick 1?
Do you honestly expect us to finish last????? Can we not still maximise our choice and not finish last - are you telling me this cant be done?
Without any regard for the teams current status/development and that of those around them??

Bizarre, irrational, poorly thought out reply.

Restrain yourself man/woman.

“Yeah….nah””
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

You said you wanted highest picks possible.

So unless you are completely clueless, which I accept is a strong possibility, or have no idea how the draft actually works, again a possibility, then that means you want us to finish stone motherless last = WOODEN SPOON.

Or do you someohow know the path to the immaculate conception of a No 1 Draft pick without a Wooden Spoon?

So we can see that in fact that you clearly state nothting. You clain you do not want us to win a wooden spon, but euqally have clearly stated that you want us to have the highest possible draft picks.

Conclusion:
1/You cannot think through the consequences of your own argument
OR
2/ You are just trolling
Do you really try so hard or naturally thick?

FACT we wont get pick 1 so how can that be we finish 'stone motherless last?'....
Honestly get a grip or give yourself an uppercut.
Getting access to the highest possible pick we can does not automatically mean another spoon and pick 1- in this case it wont and cant...but you can still aim for the best possible pick you can get?

If youre not going to adde to the discussion cause you clearly dont get it then best stay out of it....we got enough simpletons arguing the same emotional drivel points already...
Now what happened to that good ole tanking team lack of spirit?

"Best possible" result for you then is that we lose every game to finish as low as possible.

3 wins for the year will often get the spoon. So plenty of time yet to throw in the towell, raise the white flag , roll out the Teflon Technique to grab No1.

2016? Last I read it had not happened yet.

So plenty of time for you and CW to be "Torn". Hopefully Gablett will be back soon to get the Suns a few wins, and for Blues to continue their form of this week to snag a few.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 08 Jun 2015 11:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:

All ears.
Hypothetical such as the above.

What happens if we win another 7 and finish ninth. Will you be dissapointed or is that where the "team is at"?

I'm all ears :wink:
Listen to yourself for gods sake

Do you think we are a 9th placed side right now?
Do you think we'll get on a roll and win 7 from remaining 12 games?
Are you for real?
Do you even want to discuss like a grown up or just play emotional 'you dont care if we dont win every game so youre not a true fan...' rubbish?
Wake up. We are a bottom side for a reason. Stop living in la la land.

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

All ears.

I have the courage to answer simple questions. Yes pick 3 is better than pick 5. Cant answer the last lot as I don't think any human with a brain has said any of those things. Now I have 2 very simple questions for you. You haven't any yet so shock me and answer these. How do we hopefully guarantee our best possible pick this season even if it cant be pick one? And the seond one is easy but interesting. We play a side level with us this week. If we lose we drop another position on the ladder and get a better pick. Do you want us to lose this week? Simple question that a child could answer. I will await you responses. Please have a little courage to answer.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

So unless you are completely clueless, which I accept is a strong possibility, or have no idea how the draft actually works, again a possibility, then that means you want us to finish stone motherless last = WOODEN SPOON.

Or do you someohow know the path to the immaculate conception of a No 1 Draft pick without a Wooden Spoon?

So we can see that in fact that you clearly state nothting. You clain you do not want us to win a wooden spon, but euqally have clearly stated that you want us to have the highest possible draft picks.

Conclusion:
OR
2/ You are just trolling

FACT we wont get pick 1 so how can that be we finish 'stone motherless last?'....
Getting access to the highest possible pick we can does not automatically mean another spoon and pick 1- in this case it wont and cant...but you can still aim for the best possible pick you can get?

If youre not going to adde to the discussion cause you clearly dont get it then best stay out of it....we got enough simpletons arguing the same emotional drivel points already...

3 wins for the year will often get the spoon. So plenty of time yet to throw in the towell, raise the white flag , roll out the Teflon Technique to grab No1.

So plenty of time for you and CW to be "Torn". Hopefully Gablett will be back soon to get the Suns a few wins, and for Blues to continue their form of this week to snag a few.
Yes, yes here comes the hysterical chick
What run out of cliches?
Once again do SHOW me the post where I demand we finish last????????????????????
Light on fact, high on emotion short on brains....yep, thats you all over.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

All ears.

I have the courage to answer simple questions. Yes pick 3 is better than pick 5. Cant answer the last lot as I don't think any human with a brain has said any of those things. Now I have 2 very simple questions for you. You haven't any yet so shock me and answer these. How do we hopefully guarantee our best possible pick this season even if it cant be pick one? And the seond one is easy but interesting. We play a side level with us this week. If we lose we drop another position on the ladder and get a better pick. Do you want us to lose this week? Simple question that a child could answer. I will await you responses. Please have a little courage to answer.
Pluggs you havent answered my question at all????

IF we lose 3 more games this year instead of say 1 and get a lower pick - will that damage us in the longer term?....and how ?
Easy to talk of courage and dodge the hard ones.....Pluggs...

IF we win 2 extra games what is the measurable long term benefit we will receive that will help us roll the Hawks next year?

Ive met some brain dead humans but all have had a brain....mind you this thread has some strong candidates to prove me wrong...

“Yeah….nah””
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

How about just answering Pluggers question, Teflon. Do you want us to win this week?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Conclusion:
OR
2/ You are just trolling

What run out of cliches?
Attempt at distraction again I see from your poorly argued plan. What cliches? What hysteria? All I am simply doing is applying your logic.

Teflon wrote: Once again do SHOW me the post where I demand we finish last????????????????????
You post no facts.
You cannot follow your own logic. "but you can still aim for the best possible pick you can get?".

Clearly to get the best possible pick from here you need to lose every game. Cleary to finish last achieves your premise of getting the best possible draft pick. That you cannot follow the implications that spring from your own strategy and declared goal is clear to all

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:How about just answering Pluggers question, Teflon. Do you want us to win this week?
I dont think anyone 'wants' their team to lose - thats a myth.
IF my team were good enough to win every game from now till season end that be great - are we?
Should we lose this week and more kids get more game time so we learn from it....I can live with that.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Conclusion:
OR
2/ You are just trolling

What run out of cliches?
Attempt at distraction again I see from your poorly argued plan. What cliches? What hysteria? All I am simply doing is applying your logic.

Teflon wrote: Once again do SHOW me the post where I demand we finish last????????????????????
You post no facts.
You cannot follow your own logic. "but you can still aim for the best possible pick you can get?".

Clearly to get the best possible pick from here you need to lose every game. Cleary to finish last achieves your premise of getting the best possible draft pick. That you cannot follow the implications that spring from your own strategy and declared goal is clear to all
Getting the best possible pick from here and losing every game are not the same thing.
I do want the best possible pick for the St Kilda FC but that doesnt mean we have to lose every game????
It isnt that friggin hard.
To argue the logic you have to first understand it????
Stick to cliches....your good at them.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:How about just answering Pluggers question, Teflon. Do you want us to win this week?
I dont see you requesting Pluggs answer my questions Kos?

Surely youre impartial and a 'mod for all' on here eh?

“Yeah….nah””
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Teflon wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Conclusion:
OR
2/ You are just trolling

What run out of cliches?

You post no facts.

Getting the best possible pick from here and losing every game are not the same thing.
I do want the best possible pick for the St Kilda FC but that doesnt mean we have to lose every game????
It isnt that friggin hard.
To argue the logic you have to first understand it????
Stick to cliches....your good at them.
You clearly do not understand the meaning of best possible.

"Getting the best possible pick from here and losing every game are not the same thing." Rubbish. Clearly they are as that is your path to pick No 1 or 2. If you do not lose every game from here StKilda will not achieve its best possible pick in the draft.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

you clearly have no clue
we wont get near pick 1 IMHO that doesnt mean we should not, where we can, maximise our opportunities at getting the highest selection we can
That doesnt mean losing every week - its a balance and trade off.

Right now IMHO winning is not THE most important thing in our rebuild.

My order is:

1. Get talent (as much high end) in as we can to build from
2. Development/Experience
3. Wins

Winning will help in the short term and will give some small self belief that is fleeting at best. Getting talent in will ensure we have the capability to compete against the best. Develpment means we will be better for longer periods with greater consistency in games as our players skills/capability rises.

Im unsure why I am wasting this after a SR post....it will be lost on him but anyway......

“Yeah….nah””