Ruck duties

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barwonsaint

Re: Ruck duties

Has anyone seen Holmes disposal efficiency it is around 20% thats when he gets it.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I don't mind two rucks for the moment, but if it did come ro a choice between the two I'd go with Hickey.

Longer is tough and durable and wins hitouts and provides a bit of physicality around the clearances.

But as yet he doesn't give a lot around the ground

Hickey I feel is the better footballer at this stage.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:I don't mind two rucks for the moment, but if it did come ro a choice between the two I'd go with Hickey.

Longer would wina lot of HO's against the Hawks. But then most teams do.

What I am very worried about with the Hawks with Longer in the team is that it gives the Hawks a one up advantage in the midfield, and if you allow the Hawks an easy out to start with, that they then cut you to ribbons with their footskills.

The way to beat, or at least be competitve against, the Hawks is to always have them under pressure. Longer fails to to that, and so that would worry me that that will just continually set them up.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

It will be Longer again this week. Hickey went off with an injured ankle. I imagine he will be lucky to get up for this week.
Next time we play WCE I would love to see Holmesy play against Nic Nat. Would be worth seeing the two of them going against each other.

Club Player

The physicality of Longer has been what has impressed me.
For a guy who has just turned 22 he has been ultra impressive.
Can see him developing into a Mumford type which is exactly what our midfield will need in a few years time when we are ready to challenge.
Rucking against guys years older and much stronger and heavier is fast tracking his development.

loris
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote: Next time we play WCE I would love to see Holmesy play against Nic Nat. Would be worth seeing the two of them going against each other.
Is he eligible to play? As an International rookie are the rules the same for an ordinary rookie?

Obviously either Schneider or Sinclair will be up graded from rookie status on June 11.

Where does that leave Holmes? Do we have to have another long-term injury (hope not) in the second half of the year, for Holmes to be nominated to cover a long term injury? Is that the only way he could get a game this season? Or are the International Rookies rules different?

Unless we know the answers to these questions, I don't think Holmes will he playing against Nic Nat for the final game of this season.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
borderbarry wrote: Next time we play WCE I would love to see Holmesy play against Nic Nat. Would be worth seeing the two of them going against each other.
Is he eligible to play? As an International rookie are the rules the same for an ordinary rookie?

Obviously either Schneider or Sinclair will be up graded from rookie status on June 11.

Where does that leave Holmes? Do we have to have another long-term injury (hope not) in the second half of the year, for Holmes to be nominated to cover a long term injury? Is that the only way he could get a game this season? Or are the International Rookies rules different?

Unless we know the answers to these questions, I don't think Holmes will he playing against Nic Nat for the final game of this season.

The answer is simple. he is no hope unless we get at least another 2 LTI.