Changes for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

#gosaintas
Club Player

Re: Changes for next week

saintspremiers wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:Ins to come from Membrey, Ray, Savage, Curren, Minch, Lee, Gilbert, Ross, Goddard

Def out Weller
Poss outs Shenton, Hickey, Schneider, Dunston if sore

Tough again - that's a good set of ins playing for Sandy
Why would Schneider go out?
Because he is a rookie and not part of the future and because I don't like him. I don't think he's in our best midfielders, best small forwards, best backs or best anything. If we are down on experience or had heaps of injuries then maybe I'd play him but we are not. Joey and Roo are back. When there is a goal to be kicked or a tackle to be made, he is our worst option. Some here like him and so do the coaches hence he is getting games. I'd drop him.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Seems like the Lions smalls and midfielders did a lot of damage to us until they got a few injuries and we decided to start playing in the second quarter, and it won't be as pleasant against the Hawks with our sloppy defensive work. Whoever is showing good consistent form at VFL should be a priority. Curren seems obvious as a Weller replacement, and Lee could possibly come in, but depends on injuries. Shenton is doing OK and I wouldn't drop him, though Longer seems a bit off the pace.

FQF
SS Life Member

Geary was fantastic I reckon. Weller will be a loss, blanketed Rich.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:Ins to come from Membrey, Ray, Savage, Curren, Minch, Lee, Gilbert, Ross, Goddard

Def out Weller

Because he is a rookie and not part of the future and because I don't like him. I don't think he's in our best midfielders, best small forwards, best backs or best anything. If we are down on experience or had heaps of injuries then maybe I'd play him but we are not. Joey and Roo are back. When there is a goal to be kicked or a tackle to be made, he is our worst option. Some here like him and so do the coaches hence he is getting games. I'd drop him.

You don't like him? seriously that's how you pick a team. Wow. Not part of the future. Dempster, Rooy, Joey etc so that doesn't hold up. Rookie. Looks like Sinclair is out as well. He would be very close to top 8 in the B&F so I think he holds his spot for at least 2 more weeks when they will need to pick either Sinclair or Schneider. Schneider would be ahead at the moment.

mohannair
Club Player

Schneider no way unless he goes back to rookie list he will play. He is also a great leader and teacher for guys like Lonie etc..

Def out Weller

#gosaintas
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Def out Weller

You don't like him? seriously that's how you pick a team. Wow. Not part of the future. Dempster, Rooy, Joey etc so that doesn't hold up. Rookie. Looks like Sinclair is out as well. He would be very close to top 8 in the B&F so I think he holds his spot for at least 2 more weeks when they will need to pick either Sinclair or Schneider. Schneider would be ahead at the moment.

Yeah I don't like him as a small forward, I don't like him as a KPF, I don't like him as a defensive forward, I don't like him as a midfielder, I don't like him as a backman, I don't like kis feeble tackles, his flopping and diving, his umpire pleading, his look away handballs, his missed goals...he does seem like a good bloke though.
I like roo as a high fwd/wing. I like Joey as a midfielder, I like Dempster as a 3rd tall backman but in any other role he is useless. Yeah they will prob rotate in/out Sinclair, so they should if he needs a rest or someone else needs a run.

The Disch
Club Player

#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Def out Weller

Yeah I don't like him as a small forward, I don't like him as a KPF, I don't like him as a defensive forward, I don't like him as a midfielder, I don't like him as a backman, I don't like kis feeble tackles, his flopping and diving, his umpire pleading, his look away handballs, his missed goals...he does seem like a good bloke though.
I like roo as a high fwd/wing. I like Joey as a midfielder, I like Dempster as a 3rd tall backman but in any other role he is useless. Yeah they will prob rotate in/out Sinclair, so they should if he needs a rest or someone else needs a run.
But you can't argue that Schnieder wasn't one of our best players onthe week end

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Lee in this week - strong body and a good kick. Worth a try. Goddard too inexperienced for first game against the Hawks.

I like the run of Savage against the Hawks. Replaces Wellar.

Hickey out = injured. Membery in. Longer a worry.

Too early for Ray or Gilbert, especially against the Hawks.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Considering Con did a Malthouse and had a spackattack that resulted in a suspension but has now backed Schneids I think it's time for all the Schneiderhaters to STFU please.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The only way Hickey should go out is if he is injured. Don't mind two rucks. Longer is tough and durable and wins hitouts and provides a bit of physicality around the clearances. But as yet doesn't give a lot around the ground

Hickey I feel is the better footballer at this stage and if we were to go in with only the one ruck it should be him

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Schneider again one our best. Haters gonna hate.

Saintsational Legend

Out Weller (one week) Hickey (Ankle)

In. Ross Lee

saynta
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Out Weller (one week) Hickey (Ankle)

In. Ross Lee

I agree with your outs. Ins for me would be Seb and Sammy.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

RW&B wrote:
8856brother wrote:
SainterK wrote:Was hickey injured?
Tony said he had a very sore knee, but not serious. His ongoing issue I'd suggest.
Richo said ankle in his presser.
I was at the game, and at the three quarter time break you could see he had a small bag of ice on the top of his foot near the ankle.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I would bring in a tall backman an at this stage Le has more runs on the board that Goddard. Plus his field kicking has from all reports been very good and if there is one aspect that can really kill you against the Hawks it is turnover kicks out of your defense.

Would like Ross, but not sure after only 2 games back whether he would be match fit enough.

I would like Savage back for his field kicking as well.

Weller is out. So that would also mean either Shenton or DMack out.

I really, really hope that we do not go in with an undersized defense again plus if we do not try Lee now with Fisher out then when will they play him?

Gilbert. Great to see he had a really solid hit out last week. Think he needs to back it up with another though to prove his durability.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
#gosaintas
Club Player

If Hickey is out, we could bring in both Lee and Goddard. Would give us plenty of flexibility.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I do think we need another tall down back against the Hawks. Lee or Goddard could be a chance on good VFL form. I would like to see a bit more run and break through the middle and for that reason, Saunders over Seb for this game.

FQF
SS Life Member

OUT: Weller (suspended), McKenzie (injured), Shenton (omitted)
IN: Ray (need experience re Hawks), Lee (height and footskills in backline), Savage (speed and footskills)

If Dunstan is injured, Shenton keeps his spot.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

If Hickey is out (injured) and Lee is brought in as his forward/2nd ruck replacement, after playing well in defence all year, I'll be very confused.

In saying that, would not really want to 2nd ruck Bruce, even though the Hawks ruck is clearly not formidable.

Weller out, Seb Ross in to follow Mitchell everywhere and learn to be him.

Have to find a way to get Lee into the backline and bring back Savage and Gilbo, but no idea who to drop.

Think it'd be harsh on Shenton who I sort of like as a player, and DMac has earned his spot. Really like JWeb too so lucky I'm not in the selection committee.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ins

Membery, Lee, Curren

Out

Longer Mav Shenton

Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:ins

Membery, Lee, Curren

Out

Longer Mav Shenton
2nd ruck?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:

Membery, Lee, Curren

Out

Longer Mav Shenton
2nd ruck?

Don't care. WB didn't even play one against the best ruck in the AFL and they nearly got up and won. Tap work is completely overrated. Maybe they can chuck Membery in there for 5 minutes quarter and actually have him playing as a true mid. Look its not going to happen but I rate around the ground work so much more than tap outs.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

Membery, Lee, Curren

Out

Longer Mav Shenton
2nd ruck?

Don't care. WB didn't even play one against the best ruck in the AFL and they nearly got up and won. Tap work is completely overrated. Maybe they can chuck Membery in there for 5 minutes quarter and actually have him playing as a true mid. Look its not going to happen but I rate around the ground work so much more than tap outs.
Was hoping you'd say that.

Spot on.

FQF
SS Life Member

Ray is fully fit and firing. Think he'll be a straight in.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Id like to see Saunders rewarded for effort. 25 disposals at 80% and 4 goals has to get you a game. Also like for like with Mav. I would also seriously consider giving DMac a rest (sore head) and bringing Faz in for a week v the Hawks.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 02 Jun 2015 9:47pm, edited 3 times in total.