Team v Lions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: Team v Lions

Savage swaps for weller on the wing?

Seeya
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:For me I would replace Dempster with Lee. Dempster plays one decent game every 6 and is not the future. I seriously doubt Brisbane will go into the game with such a small forward line and even if they do Dempster is hopeless on small forwards!
Lee has only played what 6 or 7 games down back? I think its still a tough ask for him to play on the backline at AFL level when he will still be trying to cement some of the basics. Having all of Dempster, Geary, Shenton and Delaney does worry me with their inability to transition the ball out of the back cleanly. Geary and Shenton should be quick and agile enough to play on small forwards. Losing Savage stops some of the run out of the back but he's been very patchy lately. Savage needs to work out how to beat the shutdown tactics they do on his run. Membrey is a worry. He's such an in between size for a forward. Rooey and Lonie give some real bite back to our forward line and takes the pressure of Brucey. Hickey should work better forward with Rooey stretching out the Brissy defence.

I'm hoping Hickey gets off the leash forward and the Lions are forced to put Leunberger or Martin on him.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

No change, Sinclair sub.

Saintsational Legend

No change, Sinclair sub.