Team v Lions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team v Lions

#gosaintas wrote:Lee should have been picked last week. I'd have him in the side over Shenton.

Can you tell us who Delaney and Lee play on or doesn't match ups matter?

#gosaintas
Club Player

Clearly match ups don't matter. Look at last week's selections for evidence of that.
Maybe we pick our best team and let the opposition worry about match ups. Lee can play forward or back and is an elite kick. Delaney is our sides full back. You don't drop your full back because the opposition has a crap fwd line. Shenton out for Lee.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:Clearly match ups don't matter. Look at last week's selections for evidence of that.
Maybe we pick our best team and let the opposition worry about match ups. Lee can play forward or back and is an elite kick. Delaney is our sides full back. You don't drop your full back because the opposition has a crap fwd line. Shenton out for Lee.
In my view Shenton has shown he can play at Afl level.The jury is still out on Lee.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:Clearly match ups don't matter. Look at last week's selections for evidence of that.

Im not sure if you fully understand footy but the match ups in the backline are ours to worry about. Brisbane will worry about our forward line. And if we are picking our best side as you suggest then this years form in the seniors suggests Shenton plays. Cleary the wrong side for Lee to play against. May get his chance next week. Well he will for sure if he does well this week. Very good side in this week but I do worry about Longer in the ruck. Martin could tear him apart. I think we are a real chance if we can stop their mids and small forwards.

#gosaintas
Club Player

saynta wrote:
In my view Shenton has shown he can play at Afl level.The jury is still out on Lee.
Shenton is pretty much the worst player in a side which is pretty much the worst team in the afl so I'm not sure I agree with you on that first sentence. I do agree with you on the second sentence and we will never know unless we try him. He's in form, Fish is injured for a month and bris are crap so let's play him.

#gosaintas
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Im not sure if you fully understand footy but the match ups in the backline are ours to worry about. Brisbane will worry about our forward line. And if we are picking our best side as you suggest then this years form in the seniors suggests Shenton plays. Cleary the wrong side for Lee to play against. May get his chance next week. Well he will for sure if he does well this week. Very good side in this week but I do worry about Longer in the ruck. Martin could tear him apart. I think we are a real chance if we can stop their mids and small forwards.

I'd drop Longer and have Hickey ruck. With Lee in the side he can pinch hit in the ruck, as can Bruce. I think it's a perfect time for Lee to come in. Anyway the side is picked and hopefully Lee continues to push his case.

spert
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:
saynta wrote:
Shenton is pretty much the worst player in a side which is pretty much the worst team in the afl so I'm not sure I agree with you on that first sentence. I do agree with you on the second sentence and we will never know unless we try him. He's in form, Fish is injured for a month and bris are crap so let's play him.
He wasn't the worst player in our side last week by a long shot, and the pressure our backline was under with injury and lack of defensive work upfield, meant all the defenders were continually under the pump.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
matrix wrote:Why even put that shite up?
Half complete.
Keane peanut
The same thing they do for every Sunday game. I don't know why it's a problem all of a sudden.
who said it was a prob all of a sudden?
its alwaysbeen a prob
i just havent commented on it before

and now i have
ok?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
matrix wrote:Why even put that shite up?
Half complete.
Keane peanut
The same thing they do for every Sunday game. I don't know why it's a problem all of a sudden.
who said it was a prob all of a sudden?
its alwaysbeen a prob
i just havent commented on it before

and now i have
ok?

So you would rather wait until Friday for the full side?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yup

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:yup

My guess is there would be a lot more complaints doing it that way instead of how they do it now. Im unsure how Keane is a peanut for posting something that has happened for many years.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

its an opinion
no one said its wrong or right
i dont like it
do i expect them to change the whole system?

no
no i dont

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Unpopular opinion, I like Cam

#gosaintas
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Unpopular opinion, I like Cam
That's because he makes Geary look skilled

saynta
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:
SainterK wrote:Unpopular opinion, I like Cam
That's because he makes Geary look skilled
Shenton reminds me of Nicky Winmar.

Not in skills but in facial looks.

I like him too sainterk

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

@AFL_PKeane: StK/Bris;
Int; Hickey Acres McKenzie Sinclair
Emerg; Templeton Savage Membrey
Riewoldt Geary Delaney Lonie 4 Fisher Savage Membrey Templeton

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Savage injured?

Thought he was starting to hit his straps after an inconsistent start to the season.

Think we'll win this match.

bigballs
Club Player

Would love to see a Leuenberger/Hickey match up if Leuey plays at FF.

Anything Hicks can do to spoil Leuey celebrating his 100th game with a win would go a long way to help us beating Brissy on Sunday.

Really looking forward to this game as I think we are a real chance to beat them this week.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Savage has been omitted for Geary. There is some serious clanger potential in our backline this week. We could set a record for kicks OOTF. Geary, Shenton, Roberton, Dempster and Delaney. Has there ever been a backline with worse kicking skills.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Must be a late change coming. Savage was one of our best imo last week. I will be dumbfounded if he's seriously beeen omitted. Something smells. What have I missed?

Really happy Member and Eli are out. They don't offer much.

Shaggy out for Fazza next week.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bergsone
SS Life Member

Will really be surprised if Savage has been dropped,after what I saw last week

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Given goals from turn overs last week Geary and possibly later Faz don't inspire a lot of confidence

“Yeah….nah””
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Brisbane will be trying to get a lot of goals from their midfielders this week. If they don't, we win. Their forward line is very bare, but they have a really talented midfield.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:For me I would replace Dempster with Lee. Dempster plays one decent game every 6 and is not the future. I seriously doubt Brisbane will go into the game with such a small forward line and even if they do Dempster is hopeless on small forwards!
Lee has only played what 6 or 7 games down back? I think its still a tough ask for him to play on the backline at AFL level when he will still be trying to cement some of the basics. Having all of Dempster, Geary, Shenton and Delaney does worry me with their inability to transition the ball out of the back cleanly. Geary and Shenton should be quick and agile enough to play on small forwards. Losing Savage stops some of the run out of the back but he's been very patchy lately. Savage needs to work out how to beat the shutdown tactics they do on his run. Membrey is a worry. He's such an in between size for a forward. Rooey and Lonie give some real bite back to our forward line and takes the pressure of Brucey. Hickey should work better forward with Rooey stretching out the Brissy defence.