Team v Eagles

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team v Eagles

longtimesaint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:The short term solution is give Lee a chance.
Lee may be an option but I am not sure this is the best game to try him as a defender in the seniors.
He would be 2 cm shorter and 10 kg lighter tnan Josh Kennedy who is the most imposing forward in the league.
Fair call.
History tells us Dempster doesnt do well on the Gorillas either so maybe we have a plan to double team v Kennedy.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Dempster cannot play on big guys or small guys . He is best on the 3rd tall. Really dumb at the selection table

longtimesaint
Club Player

#gosaintas wrote:Dempster cannot play on big guys or small guys . He is best on the 3rd tall. Really dumb at the selection table
It's a selection furfy Dempster won't play full back.
The only one who could play there is Fisher.

One year will be our year
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:Dempster cannot play on big guys or small guys . He is best on the 3rd tall. Really dumb at the selection table
It's a selection furfy Dempster won't play full back.
The only one who could play there is Fisher.
Agree and players dont really play in one position these days so there will be some kind of rotation happening.
But from WC perspective they will want to get JK one on one and isolated with Dempster. Dempster is great as the third backman with his intercepts but can be exposed in one on ones.

stjay
Club Player

If the future is Lee & Goddard down back at some point you have to expose them given they are playing good footy at Sandy.
Sounds like I am banging on here but it seems like they are not honouring the stated process. If the mantra is "You've got to be paying good footy and wait for the opportunity to open up" then surely this is the time
one of these guys gets a run. Granted Goddard probably hasn't had the best preparation.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Im unsure you have come up with an answer but I know if he kicks a few you will claim it. If he doesn't you will be at the local parlour getting a massage.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Ok mystery solved we havea new recruit to play on Kennedy!

Sam Fisher, Dylan Roberton, and Shaun Dempster will be working closely

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
#gosaintas
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Im unsure you have come up with an answer but I know if he kicks a few you will claim it. If he doesn't you will be at the local parlour getting a massage.
Obviously we should have brought in Goddard or Lee, or both and left Membrey out. We would then have some options in case Kennedy get's off the leash.
Dumb at the selection table. And before claim "but goddard didn't play last week"...who cares.

As for going to the massage parlour - classy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Obviously we should have brought in Goddard or Lee, or both and left Membrey out. We would then have some options in case Kennedy get's off the leash.
Dumb at the selection table. And before claim "but goddard didn't play last week"...who cares.

Firstly what the hell is wrong with a massage? They are everywhere now. Don't see anything unclassy about that and secondly Goddard coming in to play on Kennedy would be plain dumb. And some have said that Lee doesn't even play on the real talls at sandy. You should know that as you claim you actually see Sandy. I have seen no proof from what you write though to say that is true.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I am still not 100% sure what the massage parlour reference means, but I have to admit I found it funny anyway :lol:

#gosaintas
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Firstly what the hell is wrong with a massage? They are everywhere now. Don't see anything unclassy about that and secondly Goddard coming in to play on Kennedy would be plain dumb. And some have said that Lee doesn't even play on the real talls at sandy. You should know that as you claim you actually see Sandy. I have seen no proof from what you write though to say that is true.
Where did I say Goddard matches up on Kennedy? Obviously Fisher gets first crack, Goddard gets second tall and Dempster plays 3rd backman. Lee plays fwd instead of Membrey. Could even play Goddard fwd and Lee back. Point is, if Kennedy gets off the leash then we would have some options. As it is, we have none. It's Fisher or bust. Your view on this is plain dumb. We lose Roo and Delaney and replace them with nobody. The team as selected is structurally wrong.

Your comment re massage parlours speaks for itself really.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Where did I say Goddard matches up on Kennedy? Obviously Fisher gets first crack, Goddard gets second tall and Dempster plays 3rd backman. Lee plays fwd instead of Membrey. Could even play Goddard fwd and Lee back. Point is, if Kennedy gets off the leash then we would have some options. As it is, we have none. It's Fisher or bust. Your view on this is plain dumb. We lose Roo and Delaney and replace them with nobody. The team as selected is structurally wrong.

Your comment re massage parlours speaks for itself really.

Well the selectors agree with me. So we bring in Goddard just incase Fisher gets smashed. Maybe we play with 33 just incase every second player gets smashed. Roo is a lead up forward and was replaced by a lead up forward. Nothing wrong with a good massage. Could get rid of that anger you seem to have built up. Anyway there are posters who criticize everything and everyone and there are posters who think the club usually knows more than a poster. We know where each of us belong. And there are posters probably hoping Kennedy kicks 10 so they are proven right. I hope Shenton is best today and I have no idea why he is in the side. That's the difference. Go saints. Cause another upset.

The Disch
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I am still not 100% sure what the massage parlour reference means, but I have to admit I found it funny anyway :lol:
Maybe he knows something about gosaintas that we don't :wink: :wink:

#gosaintas
Club Player

The only part of that rant I agree with is your last two sentences. Enough from me anyway.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

#gosaintas wrote:The only part of that rant I agree with is your last two sentences. Enough from me anyway.
great, something we can agree on...........

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Gee Delaney's hip problems is real worry. He battled it last year a lot. For a 21 y.o. to have a chronic problem like that is a bit of worry. Hope they can work out a fix. Exciting to see Acres in - seeing these young guys come on is making footy so enjoyable for me this year. Membrey makes sense if Paddy needs more work. As much as he work hards, would be great if Membrey can kick a sausage roll or two to justify his place. Hopefully Acres isn't sub.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:Gee Delaney's hip problems is real worry. He battled it last year a lot. For a 21 y.o. to have a chronic problem like that is a bit of worry. Hope they can work out a fix. Exciting to see Acres in - seeing these young guys come on is making footy so enjoyable for me this year. Membrey makes sense if Paddy needs more work. As much as he work hards, would be great if Membrey can kick a sausage roll or two to justify his place. Hopefully Acres isn't sub.
I also hope Acres isn't the sub. I don't think he's the type of player that can start off the ground and try and work into it in the last quarter. I reckon the sub should be a fast player but not sure who.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
Bluthy wrote:Gee Delaney's hip problems is real worry. He battled it last year a lot. For a 21 y.o. to have a chronic problem like that is a bit of worry. Hope they can work out a fix. Exciting to see Acres in - seeing these young guys come on is making footy so enjoyable for me this year. Membrey makes sense if Paddy needs more work. As much as he work hards, would be great if Membrey can kick a sausage roll or two to justify his place. Hopefully Acres isn't sub.
I also hope Acres isn't the sub. I don't think he's the type of player that can start off the ground and try and work into it in the last quarter. I reckon the sub should be a fast player but not sure who.
Our sub should be our worst player playing. So that means either Shenton or Eli

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
I think it was Sinclair last week and that would make a sense again as we need all hands on deck down back to give some cover. I could even see Acres and McKenzie helping out down back a lot with their height and marking. Could it be Schneider? I can only dream.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:Gee Delaney's hip problems is real worry. He battled it last year a lot. For a 21 y.o. to have a chronic problem like that is a bit of worry.
You know he's 25, right?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Isnt Delaney about 25?