Positives today.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Positives today.

borderbarry wrote:I liked Paddys game early. I cant believe they subbed him for Saad. At least Paddy had presence on the ground.
Yes I believe that was a major blunder. With Membrey being only a medium sized forward that meant it was easy to chop out the still young and inexperienced Bruce Almighty as the only big forward. Having so many small forwards already was made worse by adding yet another at the expense of a big forward (who even when he does not mark provides opportunities).

Longer: Great to at least seeing him getting ball use around the ground.
Lonie: Real class.... demonstrate that he can make things happen, and that he cajn take the smart option.
Sinclair: Knows how to kick goals and does not panic. However needs to really work on his defensive game though, but with only 4 games under his belt it is hardlya surprise. He looks really at home at this level.
Armo: Is having a very good consisteant year.
Fisher: Looks to at last bee fully fit again, and is playing well due to this.
Bruce Almighty: Another good solid game and with only 28 games to his belt was a good performance. With Roo back he will certainly contue to worry the opposition.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
spert
Saintsational Legend

I prefer to look at team performances and not how a bunch of individuals went. While a few young guys showed a few promising flashes here and there, I thought the overall team effort was poor on the day, with skills terrible, a midfield still running around like headless chickens..something the coach needs to get right..too many players not getting hands on the ball enough and not getting near the contest enough to make an actual contest..it's not all down to experience or lack of.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I prefer to look at team performances and not how a bunch of individuals went. While a few young guys showed a few promising flashes here and there, I thought the overall team effort was poor on the day, with skills terrible, a midfield still running around like headless chickens..something the coach needs to get right..too many players not getting hands on the ball enough and not getting near the contest enough to make an actual contest..it's not all down to experience or lack of.
Wrong thread
Last edited by dragit on Sun 26 Apr 2015 1:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I prefer to look at team performances and not how a bunch of individuals went. While a few young guys showed a few promising flashes here and there, I thought the overall team effort was poor on the day, with skills terrible, a midfield still running around like headless chickens..something the coach needs to get right..too many players not getting hands on the ball enough and not getting near the contest enough to make an actual contest..it's not all down to experience or lack of.

This about positives. And you blaming the coach at every opportunity is very boring and lacking logic. Just look at the team now compared to when that fool SW coached us. No wonder we are struggling now and no wonder SW got the arse.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintbob wrote:Longer, Lonie and Sinclair were definitely positives.
Yep, They were my 3 as well.
I like Sinclair but he barely touched it - only 3 kicks and 8 total touches in a full game. I wouldn't have minded him finding it a bit more. I agree he looks positive though.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintbob wrote:Longer, Lonie and Sinclair were definitely positives.
Yep, They were my 3 as well.
I like Sinclair but he barely touched it - only 3 kicks and 8 total touches in a full game. I wouldn't have minded him finding it a bit more. I agree he looks positive though.
I agree but he is still a positive. He certainly wasn't in the best 10 in our side on the day though. Id rather say a young as a positive.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Longer, Sinclair and Loonie. And the fact that we will be challenging long before Carlton. We had them on toast at quarter time. They were bleeding badly, but we couldn't keep up the intensity. That will take time. It it will come

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I liked the "effort" put in by everyone - all day.
Seeing a few marks around the ground from Longer was good stuff.
Liked the contributions from Sinclair and Lonie.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

The umpires were good, especially in the first half

You are garbage - Enough said
spert
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

This about positives. And you blaming the coach at every opportunity is very boring and lacking logic. Just look at the team now compared to when that fool SW coached us. No wonder we are struggling now and no wonder SW got the arse.
If the cap fits P66..