Passengers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Re: Passengers

gringo wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:If there is such a thing as a whipping boy then there must such thing as the opposite - the protected species.
For someone who hasnt touched the ball since 2012 - Saad gets cut a lot of slack and gets a lot of excuses from fans.
Today it was that he was tagging Heath Shaw. When you have not gone near the ball in three years I think questions need to be asked.
Out of interest, barring Markworth style injuries, what is a fair time to be on AFL list without touching the ball?

I didn't see anyone protecting his performance, it's just I don't see anything worthwhile about ripping into a player after a poor game. If they don't play to the team instruction then they get dropped. It's actually pretty democratic. The need for people to angrily show hatred towards someone like Shenton for playing footy is more a psychological deficiency in the poster IMO. He's a guy with 15 games and played all his footy forward. He does 17 good things and two bad and people go nuts lining up for a kick. s*** people in my book. If he was my brother or son I would punch a few posters if I ever met them.
He should play it safe like Saad. How many clangers did he have? Shenton was ok.

Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:If there is such a thing as a whipping boy then there must such thing as the opposite - the protected species.
For someone who hasnt touched the ball since 2012 - Saad gets cut a lot of slack and gets a lot of excuses from fans.
Today it was that he was tagging Heath Shaw. When you have not gone near the ball in three years I think questions need to be asked.
Out of interest, barring Markworth style injuries, what is a fair time to be on AFL list without touching the ball?

I didn't see anyone protecting his performance, it's just I don't see anything worthwhile about ripping into a player after a poor game. If they don't play to the team instruction then they get dropped. It's actually pretty democratic. The need for people to angrily show hatred towards someone like Shenton for playing footy is more a psychological deficiency in the poster IMO. He's a guy with 15 games and played all his footy forward. He does 17 good things and two bad and people go nuts lining up for a kick. s*** people in my book. If he was my brother or son I would punch a few posters if I ever met them.
I like the Panther so I dont know why he came into it. Took some great grabs and he tries to attack and play with dash.
I dont worry about his clangers as he is a real goer who is improving all the time. Impossible to knock a bloke like that.

If Saad is playing to the coaches instructions (which I genuinely doubt) - then I would question the coach . The reality is he hasnt had a good game in three years. You cant tell me he was playing a tagging role in the pre-season and he also failed to touch the ball then as well. No coach is honestly happy with someone not touching the ball... (unless maybe they play on Gary Ablett and keep Gary to 10 or keep Buddy goalless. In that case - sure youd be very pleased. But this is not the case here).

andrewg
Club Player

Saad, Templeton, Shenton were not great. I feel like Geary whilst he got the ball let us down half a dozen times with poor decision making and as always very poor skills. His set shot in the second quarter was atrocious....Roberton wasn't great either.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:Saad, Templeton, Shenton were not great. I feel like Geary whilst he got the ball let us down half a dozen times with poor decision making and as always very poor skills. His set shot in the second quarter was atrocious....Roberton wasn't great either.
I cant believe Shenton is getting put in with Saad and Eli. As John Kennedy Sr would say - at least he did something. He laid 2 tackles He took 6 marks/ He tried to play on. He tried to do something. Roberton had 5 tackles. He tried to do something. Saad and Eli just didn't really even get involved or try to be involved.
Now I know we dont have a great side - but I like the boys to have a go for 2 hours a week. 2 hours isnt all that much to ask.

quidnunc
Club Player

Whilst Saad and Templeton will come under the microscope with the performance of Billings and Acres at Sandy, I was really disappointed in the disposal and decision making of Geary who butchered it on several occasions.

Was there on the outer wing as a youngster flying the flag in '66 - still loyal, still passionate!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Today it was that he was tagging Heath Shaw.
That's not an excuse from fans, it's what the coach said. If Saad was given a job then he had to do it. You might not like the defensive forward role but take that out on Richo not on Saad.