3 Big Improvers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: 3 Big Improvers

loris wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Having said that and with my recent sports predictions (Steve Smith is not an Australian Test quality batsman :oops: ), it means Seb Ross will win the Brownlow and the B&F this year.

Not now. :wink:
Come on B_M did you make that prediction about Steve Smith or was it that other poster we are not allowed to mention as it might upset your sensibilities? joffaboy.

You can't take credit for his predictions, that is fiddling the books.

But will definitely hold you to your Seb Ross predictions for this season.

Actually don't think it will be this year but I think in the coming years we will see Seb blossom into a fine, skillful player who will poll well in the Chas, very much like Nick Dal Santo did a number of times.
No Loris it was not the retired nic (whom we dare not speak his name) it was B_M who bagged out Steve Smith. Great piece of insight and knowledge on my behalf.

I really hope Seb Ross proves me wrong. I want every single Saints player to succeed and dont mind being wrong about a player.

I dont bag players like Sipposs or Markworth as uninspiring as some so called supporters have in this thread. Those type of supporters should be made to say these type of things face to face to a player

You are garbage - Enough said
sainter104
Club Player

lee
acres
gilbert

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
loris wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Having said that and with my recent sports predictions (Steve Smith is not an Australian Test quality batsman :oops: ), it means Seb Ross will win the Brownlow and the B&F this year.

Not now. :wink:
Come on B_M did you make that prediction about Steve Smith or was it that other poster we are not allowed to mention as it might upset your sensibilities? joffaboy.

You can't take credit for his predictions, that is fiddling the books.

But will definitely hold you to your Seb Ross predictions for this season.

He still looks so young Seb. I spoke to him at the sponsor day and couldn't help noticing he still has fine blonde bum fluff on his face and still not massively muscular. I remember hearing from a TAC cup coach on SEN one day and he said that they deal with guys that can be 6 months apart in age but 4 years less mature in physical attributes. Billings and Petracca would be a good comparison. Patracca looks like he needs to wax his shoulders and Jack looks like he doesn't need razors yet. Perhaps that's why Jobe Watson was a slow burn too. Maybe it's a genetic slow to physical mature thing? That said he seems to be a lot more confident in him self and has definitely seen a position open up with Lenny retiring.

Actually don't think it will be this year but I think in the coming years we will see Seb blossom into a fine, skillful player who will poll well in the Chas, very much like Nick Dal Santo did a number of times.
No Loris it was not the retired nic (whom we dare not speak his name) it was B_M who bagged out Steve Smith. Great piece of insight and knowledge on my behalf.

I really hope Seb Ross proves me wrong. I want every single Saints player to succeed and dont mind being wrong about a player.

I dont bag players like Sipposs or Markworth as uninspiring as some so called supporters have in this thread. Those type of supporters should be made to say these type of things face to face to a player

gringo
Saintsational Legend

[quote="gringo"]

He still looks so young Seb. I spoke to him at the sponsor day and couldn't help noticing he still has fine blonde bum fluff on his face and still not massively muscular. I remember hearing from a TAC cup coach on SEN one day and he said that they deal with guys that can be 6 months apart in age but 4 years less mature in physical attributes. Billings and Petracca would be a good comparison. Patracca looks like he needs to wax his shoulders and Jack looks like he doesn't need razors yet. Perhaps that's why Jobe Watson was a slow burn too. Maybe it's a genetic slow to physical mature thing? That said he seems to be a lot more confident in him self and has definitely seen a position open up with Lenny retiring.

Sorry that was meant to look more like this.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I remember hearing from a TAC cup coach on SEN one day and he said that they deal with guys that can be 6 months apart in age but 4 years less mature in physical attributes. Billings and Petracca would be a good comparison. Patracca looks like he needs to wax his shoulders and Jack looks like he doesn't need razors yet. Perhaps that's why Jobe Watson was a slow burn too. Maybe it's a genetic slow to physical mature thing?
It would be strange if Jobe was a "genetic slow to physical mature thing" given that his dad was less than 16 when he debuted.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
gringo wrote:I remember hearing from a TAC cup coach on SEN one day and he said that they deal with guys that can be 6 months apart in age but 4 years less mature in physical attributes. Billings and Petracca would be a good comparison. Patracca looks like he needs to wax his shoulders and Jack looks like he doesn't need razors yet. Perhaps that's why Jobe Watson was a slow burn too. Maybe it's a genetic slow to physical mature thing?
It would be strange if Jobe was a "genetic slow to physical mature thing" given that his dad was less than 16 when he debuted.

I think its from the mums side though. She didn't debut in the AFL till she was 28.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:

I think its from the mums side though. She didn't debut in the AFL till she was 28.

I bet she had a luxurious beard by that age. I had Tim Watson in my business recently and he looks heaps old these days. He might have started young but he aged quickly as well.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:

I bet she had a luxurious beard by that age. I had Tim Watson in my business recently and he looks heaps old these days. He might have started young but he aged quickly as well.

He is the same age as me. I look my age. He looks about 10 years younger. Very harsh I reckon. Remember he is 53 not 45.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Most likely top 3 improvers

1. Jack Newnes
2. Maverick Weller
3. Jack Billings

Who I'd like to be the top 3 improvers

1. Blake Acres
2. Nathan Wright
3. Spencer White

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:

He is the same age as me. I look my age. He looks about 10 years younger. Very harsh I reckon. Remember he is 53 not 45.
I used to see him about 2 years ago around St Kilda and he didn't look too bad, he came in recently dressed in his sports gear and an old baseball cap. I thought he was a bum and was about to tell him to f%$# off when I realised who it was. He's aged about 10 years in the last two.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:

I used to see him about 2 years ago around St Kilda and he didn't look too bad, he came in recently dressed in his sports gear and an old baseball cap. I thought he was a bum and was about to tell him to f%$# off when I realised who it was. He's aged about 10 years in the last two.
He must have looked about 35 2 years ago. I saw him yesterday and he looked pretty good to me.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:

He must have looked about 35 2 years ago. I saw him yesterday and he looked pretty good to me.
If he looks good I'd hate to see bad.

Freebird
Club Player

Plug will always trump you...he's everywhere he's everywhere

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:Plug will always trump you...he's everywhere he's everywhere
Thats for sure. If you met Barack Obama last year well pluggs went on a yacht cruise with him last night with 8 supermodels and a bag of coke.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Thats for sure. If you met Barack Obama last year well pluggs went on a yacht cruise with him last night with 8 supermodels and a bag of coke.
That's only half the truth as he only boarded the yacht to give me the bag of coke and when we arrived back my Aston had been cleaned and polished as per his responsibilities.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:

Have you been treated for stalking yet Con and for personal attacks. I did notice the time of your post though and if its in the evening we know the drink plays a part. No stop the crap. What is wrong with me saying I don't thimk TIM Watson looks old. Seriously get a life. As for Freebird well at least you offer something Con. He is the HarryM of the Saints forum. Never says anything.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Couple of things: TimWatson looks like a middle aged man, as he should because he's, well, middle aged. He has an adult aged son playing AFL. I reckon most of us are much harder on celebs and their age. We re,member Tim jumping over packs and kicking goals and can't understand how they could possibly have a few wrinkles and a paunch...ever. For mine, he looks better than 80% of 53 year olds.

Interesting discussion on the development of draftees. I saw Christian Petracca driving down Maroondah Highway the other day (hard to miss with the personalised number plates) and he was monstering the steering wheel. Looked like a definite man child. Looked like a 30year old man with an 18 year old head on him. My daughters best friend's older brother is close mates mates with him from Whitefriars College. Reckons he can slam dunk a basketball-easily. Is a power monster.

For mine I predict will make big strides this year are Acres - didn't do a lot last year but there's something about him I liked.
Hickey - We need a ruckman to step up, and I reckon this year is his time.
Billings - REckon he will step right up after a full pre-season

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

From what I have seen of Acres in games he looks slow and awkward. Not that I know much.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:From what I have seen of Acres in games he looks slow and awkward. Not that I know much.
He hasn't shown much yet but he is a player that if he comes on you can see great potential in. His size and attributes are in the Nat Fyfe category. The fact the club signed him up for so long shows that they must rate him. I remember young Jack Newness kept getting games but didn't show much, a few years later he looks well on his way to being a very good player. Last preseason he was injured so he never got a good run at it either.