The 80's....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Johnny Favier
Club Player

Re: The 80's....

darylcowie wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:Yep, that's the Footscray game you're thinking of.

And that Fitzroy game at the Junction Oval had one of the most amazing third quarters of all time. Goals after goals. The two Sidebottom brothers were handpassing to each other at one stage and they were playing for opposing clubs. Max Crow played up forward and we knocked Fitzroy off the top of the the ladder that day.
Fantastic conditions for footy that day, sushine and a sea breeze. That was back in the days when teams kicked 8-12 goals in a quarter, not 7 in an entire game.
Mmmm, that's the Junction Oval where Dave wants to move back to.

Fitzroy v St Kilda in 1983 at the Junction Oval - 11 goals each in the second quarter :shock:
WOW, weren't their shorts tight back in those days!

Interesting to see Allan Sidebottom having an influence at the centre bounces, but not around the ground, that's why he never cut it as a VFL ruckman for me.

Also interesting to see that my namesake was playing on Bernie Quinlan, as if he needed any help to get a kick (Quinlan that is).

Our mosquito fleet looked quite effective though: Packham, Meehan and Daryl Cunningham all winning plenty of the ball.
My namesake had a pretty decent game off the half back line that day too.
I think Barks kicked 5 that day and Joffa dominated if my memory serves me correctly.