Luke Beveridge

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Luke Beveridge

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Tudor is the next big thing and if he's smart he'll wait for a plum job like the one Eade just landed.

Are the Doggies really on the cusp of greatness?
I really like the look of their list, actually:

https://www.draftguru.com.au/lists/2015 ... n-bulldogs

Not too many old guys. A missing middle/core just like us. But their kids are miles ahead of ours. Bonti, Boyd, Macrae, Hunter, Hrovat, Stringer, Dahlhaus, Libba - and a lot of steak knives who could improve dramatically. A bunch of work still to do but in two years they could have a very imposing forward line and a solid midfield. I'd rather be in their position than ours.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Tudor is the next big thing and if he's smart he'll wait for a plum job like the one Eade just landed.

Are the Doggies really on the cusp of greatness?
I really like the look of their list, actually:

https://www.draftguru.com.au/lists/2015 ... n-bulldogs

Not too many old guys. A missing middle/core just like us. But their kids are miles ahead of ours. Bonti, Boyd, Macrae, Hunter, Hrovat, Stringer, Dahlhaus, Libba - and a lot of steak knives who could improve dramatically. A bunch of work still to do but in two years they could have a very imposing forward line and a solid midfield. I'd rather be in their position than ours.
Yeah but they won't be able to fit them all under the salary cap!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Stian
Club Player

Doesn't anybody have a comment about the Hun's article today that suggests that Beveridge is a shoe-in for tbe Doggies job????

Any inside info to put my mind at rest? I was getting very bullish about the contribution that LB could make generally but also as a confidant/sounding-board/etc for Richo. :(

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Stian wrote:Doesn't anybody have a comment about the Hun's article today that suggests that Beveridge is a shoe-in for tbe Doggies job????

Any inside info to put my mind at rest? I was getting very bullish about the contribution that LB could make generally but also as a confidant/sounding-board/etc for Richo. :(
If it is really truly only down to LB, Sumich and Montgomery - then you would think LB is a shoe-in. What about Tudor? Big blow for us if LB gets it but sounds possible. I thought Tudor was favourite a few days ago?
The Bulldogs will consider Beveridge, Peter Sumich (Fremantle) and McCartney’s senior assistant Brett Montgomery when formal interviews begin this week.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/b ... 7109338912

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:If it is really truly only down to LB, Sumich and Montgomery - then you would think LB is a shoe-in. What about Tudor? Big blow for us if LB gets it but sounds possible. I thought Tudor was favourite a few days ago?
It sounds almost like Tudor is entering Brian Royal territory - always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Stian wrote:Doesn't anybody have a comment about the Hun's article today that suggests that Beveridge is a shoe-in for tbe Doggies job????

If it is really truly only down to LB, Sumich and Montgomery - then you would think LB is a shoe-in. What about Tudor? Big blow for us if LB gets it but sounds possible. I thought Tudor was favourite a few days ago?
The Bulldogs will consider Beveridge, Peter Sumich (Fremantle) and McCartney’s senior assistant Brett Montgomery when formal interviews begin this week.
Bevo would be on decent coin with us you'd think.... Maybe now the Pelican is gone it's a happier workplace.

Bevo IMO won't move due to the above.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Bevo would be on decent coin with us you'd think.... Maybe now the Pelican is gone it's a happier workplace.

If he is appointed coach he goes. Why apply and then say no? Hope he gets it for his sake but selfishly I hope he misses out and is our senior coach in 2017.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

If he is appointed coach he goes. Why apply and then say no? Hope he gets it for his sake but selfishly I hope he misses out and is our senior coach in 2017.
+ 1

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

So you're hoping Richo fails? A bit odd, I hope he's our next premiership coach

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

I certainly aren't hoping Richo fails. Never said that. I think we will finish bottom the next 2 years because we don't have the players and that will have little to do with the coach. I also think no club in the history of the AFL/VFL would appoint a coach after finishing bottom in all 3 years he coaches.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:If it is really truly only down to LB, Sumich and Montgomery - then you would think LB is a shoe-in. What about Tudor? Big blow for us if LB gets it but sounds possible. I thought Tudor was favourite a few days ago?
It sounds almost like Tudor is entering Brian Royal territory - always the bridesmaid, never the bride.
Tudor isn't being interviewed. Sumich is along with Montgomery.

Darth Vader
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

I certainly aren't hoping Richo fails. Never said that. I think we will finish bottom the next 2 years because we don't have the players and that will have little to do with the coach. I also think no club in the history of the AFL/VFL would appoint a coach after finishing bottom in all 3 years he coaches.

Yes, I totally agree about Richo as very few coaches survive the rebuild. But I'm interested in why you hope that Bevo is the one to take over. Just wondering why you say this as I know very little about him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Darth Vader wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Yes, I totally agree about Richo as very few coaches survive the rebuild. But I'm interested in why you hope that Bevo is the one to take over. Just wondering why you say this as I know very little about him.

Because he has been involved in success and he will have been in our system for 2 years by then.

FQF
SS Life Member

I hope we screw the trend and media expectations and show a little bit of loyalty to a coach that has endured the rebuild.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:I hope we screw the trend and media expectations and show a little bit of loyalty to a coach that has endured the rebuild.

To be honest if we finished last 3 years in a row no matter how poor our list is I would hope our coach is replaced. Nothing to do with the media.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

It is a good endorsement of where the club is heading that Luke Beveridge is seen in such high regard that he is one of the favourites for the Doggies job! He is a quality bloke the same as his dad and I personally hope he gets the job.

With regards to Richo I believe he is the perfect guy for a club rebuild and will with stand that to go on an be a successful coach with the Saints! The big preface to that statement is the Board need to remain stable and the Saints have a 100 years of sacked coaches to indicate that is not in their DNA so time will tell I suspect!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
FQF
SS Life Member

WinnersOnly wrote:It is a good endorsement of where the club is heading that Luke Beveridge is seen in such high regard that he is one of the favourites for the Doggies job! He is a quality bloke the same as his dad and I personally hope he gets the job.

With regards to Richo I believe he is the perfect guy for a club rebuild and will with stand that to go on an be a successful coach with the Saints! The big preface to that statement is the Board need to remain stable and the Saints have a 100 years of sacked coaches to indicate that is not in their DNA so time will tell I suspect!
Why do you personally hope he gets the job?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Why was he sacked by Hawthorn?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
FQF wrote:I hope we screw the trend and media expectations and show a little bit of loyalty to a coach that has endured the rebuild.

To be honest if we finished last 3 years in a row no matter how poor our list is I would hope our coach is replaced. Nothing to do with the media.

If we finish last three years in a row it's probably due to the huge hole in our list though. We have got rid of another of 2 in the mid to late 20s age group with Gwilt and Stanley and then we have a huge group of kids coming through. They will need to learn very quickly if we are to stay competitive as retirements come. Richo will be lucky to do what Clarkson has done and steer a team back up the ladder. I think Pelchen would have helped him as he seems to not give a f%$# about public opinion.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Interesting that Bevo HASN'T started working at the club YET, and he may not, if he gets the Bulldusters job.

I'd like to see Richo get minimum 5 years, doesn't get us anywhere killing coaching careers every few years.

Especially when we are doing such a major list tweak.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:Interesting that Bevo HASN'T started working at the club YET, and he may not, if he gets the Bulldusters job.

I'd like to see Richo get minimum 5 years, doesn't get us anywhere killing coaching careers every few years.

Especially when we are doing such a major list tweak.
Doesn't matter either way.
We will be crap next year and likely 2016. That's a given. As long as we trade and Draft well.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

FQF wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:It is a good endorsement of where the club is heading that Luke Beveridge is seen in such high regard that he is one of the favourites for the Doggies job! He is a quality bloke the same as his dad and I personally hope he gets the job.

Why do you personally hope he gets the job?
Because he is a good bloke and at the end of the day that's the job every coach wants a go at! It will be a blow to the Saints but the great thing about life is everyone is replaceable.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

satchmo wrote:Why was he sacked by Hawthorn?
Don't think he was sacked. We nabbed him as his contract was coming to an end.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like Beveridge is a shoe-in.
Suma is out and no way they will give it to Montgomery because they will be mindful of the 'jobs for mates' criticism.
No offence to LB at all but it seems like a very thin pool. Why didnt they broaden their net?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I hope Beveridge gets the job. Who said Suma is out. He has his interview today