Rhys Stanley for Pick #21

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Re: Rhys Stanley for Pick #21

SainterK wrote:I'm not buying in either pluggs, fwiw.

Don't get the fan love for him, well not yet anyways.

Let him earn it.
Also with you k, how long has he been there?

Had a bad feeling about nettlefold.

Have a great feeling about finnis though.

Obviously my " feelings" mean nothing.

We have NO choice but to wait and see.

The question is though, can we as a club survive the wait, let alone as us "older" supporters.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
SainterK wrote:Exactly...

Where are the Ameet threads? Or the trout ones?

It's all channelled towards Chris, it's a bit weird.

Whatever works I guess ;)
Who is doing the channeling, K?

It all seems to come from people who are beaten up by mates that are hawks fans.

Personally, I have a good deal of faith in Ameet, Chris, and trout. Not 'because they work for St Kilda', but because I believe that these people are very good at what they do. They are also our only hope for success in the foreseeable future.
Now you could question these people; That is reasonable.
You could be critical of these people; That is also reasonable. A lot of people disagree with trading/recruiting decisions.
You could accuse these people of being liars; Well unless you have some decent evidence to support such claims then you are being willfully destructive, or you are being manipulated by someone a lot smarter than you, and you deserve the frequent abuse with which they reem you.

Enjoy!

As I said just because its written or said it doesn't make it true. Do you honestly think Chris Anstey and Brendan McCartney resigned? Tell me you arent that naïve? Please.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:The Pelican is good for the Saints..

I pay no creedence to all the anti Pelican waffle in this thread...next these Pelican haters will be writing letters to the club asking them to sack him and bring back Peake :roll: :roll:
Elshaugh is Peake's equivalent, not Pelkin. Pelkin is everyone master including the coach's .

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:The Pelican is good for the Saints..

I pay no creedence to all the anti Pelican waffle in this thread...next these Pelican haters will be writing letters to the club asking them to sack him and bring back Peake :roll: :roll:
nah...well...not yet anyway... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:

It all seems to come from people who are beaten up by mates that are hawks fans.

Personally, I have a good deal of faith in Ameet, Chris, and trout. Not 'because they work for St Kilda', but because I believe that these people are very good at what they do. They are also our only hope for success in the foreseeable future.
You could be critical of these people; That is also reasonable. A lot of people disagree with trading/recruiting decisions.
You could accuse these people of being liars; Well unless you have some decent evidence to support such claims then you are being willfully destructive, or you are being manipulated by someone a lot smarter than you, and you deserve the frequent abuse with which they reem you.

Enjoy!

interesting post....agree with your first three points though

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:

Enjoy!

As I said just because its written or said it doesn't make it true. Do you honestly think Chris Anstey and Brendan McCartney resigned? Tell me you arent that naïve? Please.
Yes, just because it is written doesn't make it true. And just because an anonymous poster on an internet forum reckons his mate told him something doesn't make it true. How does Anstey or McCartney being sacked mean that Pelchen was sacked? Does it also mean that Lenny was sacked?

You might be right. But weight of evidence suggests you are very wrong. Hearsay from disgruntled Hawks, especially nameless ones doesn't have a lot of weight.

At any rate you have invested heavily in the theory that Pelchen is a liar. If you wish to continue down that path I suggest you put up or shut up. He is employed by the St Kilda Football Club to perform a vital role, and his success or failure will shape our future. No matter how low your opinion of him, slagging him off on a public forum does not achieve any positive outcome for the club you claim to support.

Have a nice day :D

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:

Enjoy!

Yes, just because it is written doesn't make it true. And just because an anonymous poster on an internet forum reckons his mate told him something doesn't make it true. How does Anstey or McCartney being sacked mean that Pelchen was sacked? Does it also mean that Lenny was sacked?

You might be right. But weight of evidence suggests you are very wrong. Hearsay from disgruntled Hawks, especially nameless ones doesn't have a lot of weight.

At any rate you have invested heavily in the theory that Pelchen is a liar. If you wish to continue down that path I suggest you put up or shut up. He is employed by the St Kilda Football Club to perform a vital role, and his success or failure will shape our future. No matter how low your opinion of him, slagging him off on a public forum does not achieve any positive outcome for the club you claim to support.

Have a nice day :D
No it doesn't mean that Lenny was sacked but your reasons as to why I was wrong were exactly the same reasons that you should think Anstey and McCartney resigned. I don't think they did so those reasons aren't always valid. Surely you get that. I yes Im suggesting Pelchen told a fib and then gave you my reason. There is nothing else I can say to prove it and unless you are a lawyer for him I really couldn't give a stuff what you want me to do regarding this. And yes I support our club and if you have supported them as much as me then you are one great supporter. That doesn't mean I have to believe or like every employer of our club. And my guess is many people on here have slagged off employers off our club. I hope you jump on them as much as you have jumped on me. Of course no one slagged off Lyon, Butteres, GT, SW and so on when they were emeployed by the club and I also suggest many people also called them liars when they were employed by the club unless of course you were out of the country and missed it at the time.

I want Pelchen to be a genius but that doesn't mean I have even slightly the like the guy or trust him. In Pelchen you can trust but I chose not to. Hope he is the making of our club.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
I want Pelchen to be a genius but that doesn't mean I have even slightly the like the guy or trust him. In Pelchen you can trust but I chose not to. Hope he is the making of our club.
That is fair enough. On the last point we can all agree.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Jacsaint

magnifisaint wrote:Why develop someone only to trade him and start the whole process again
The Cats don't get it wrong too often, either. Chances are they've pulled the right reign here. Bad call Saints.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I think if we use due diligence we will win this trade. Stanley is not the answer for us - he may be a handy fringe or depth player for a successful side doing a partial rebuild, and while they are still a top 4 side, but we need to pick up a footy-smart KPF. Especially if we take Petracca with pick 1.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Jacsaint wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:Why develop someone only to trade him and start the whole process again
The Cats don't get it wrong too often, either. Chances are they've pulled the right reign here. Bad call Saints.
It's not a bad call yet and so far it's in our favour.

So bad call cat's person

SuperDuper
Club Player

Jacsaint wrote:
This is also what concerns me... if it was Carlton, you would be confident that 21 was overs.. but Geelong don't make too many mistakes at drafting time...

time will tell, but I am concerned that this may have been a mistake by the saints

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

SuperDuper wrote:
Jacsaint wrote:
This is also what concerns me... if it was Carlton, you would be confident that 21 was overs.. but Geelong don't make too many mistakes at drafting time...

time will tell, but I am concerned that this may have been a mistake by the saints
No, he'll be good with the Cats foot skills but come the pressure of September he won't be seen.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
SuperDuper wrote:
Jacsaint wrote:

No, he'll be good with the Cats foot skills but come the pressure of September he won't be seen.

Or he will give the Cats midfield first use of the ball at centre bouces with his elite tap work and become the player of that Finals series ...

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Or he will give the Cats midfield first use of the ball at centre bouces with his elite tap work and become the player of that Finals series ...
Or he will suffer a series of hamstring injuries, struggle for form and consistency, never get a foothold in the Cats senior side and be delisted before his contract runs out

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
SuperDuper wrote:
Jacsaint wrote:

Never leave our club because once you do you are a failure. You are positive in anything Saints but he left so he will fail in finals. Is that based on his previous finals experience Tony? Seriously.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
tony74 wrote:
SuperDuper wrote:
Jacsaint wrote:

Never leave our club because once you do you are a failure. You are positive in anything Saints but he left so he will fail in finals. Is that based on his previous finals experience Tony? Seriously.
Maybe he's not in their best 22.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
tony74 wrote:
SuperDuper wrote:
Jacsaint wrote:

Maybe he isn't. Maybe he is. My point is Tony would never have said that if he still played for us. I don't see the point of saying it. maybe its just me.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Just a guess, but if Vardy puts injuries behind him, they have quite a few guys fighting for that second ruck spot....they'd go with Vardy wouldn't they?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Just a guess, but if Vardy puts injuries behind him, they have quite a few guys fighting for that second ruck spot....they'd go with Vardy wouldn't they?

They want Vardy as a CHF.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
SainterK wrote:Just a guess, but if Vardy puts injuries behind him, they have quite a few guys fighting for that second ruck spot....they'd go with Vardy wouldn't they?

So where is Mitch Clark supposed to play?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Up foward I would say but Vardy is there preffered choice at CHF. They dont want him in the ruck for any length of time.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Up foward I would say but Vardy is there preffered choice at CHF. They dont want him in the ruck for any length of time.
So their forward line would have
Hawkins
Vardy
Clark
Stanley

or Stanley would play in the ruck coming on/off the bench?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
CURLY wrote:

So their forward line would have
Hawkins
Vardy
Clark
Stanley

or Stanley would play in the ruck coming on/off the bench?
The way McIntosh got run around in the finals I wouldnt be suprised if they rotated Clark and Stanley in the ruck.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
tony74 wrote:
SuperDuper wrote:
Jacsaint wrote:

Maybe he isn't. Maybe he is. My point is Tony would never have said that if he still played for us. I don't see the point of saying it. maybe its just me.
Actually I had heard from inside the club earlier this year that the real question marks over Stanley's ability to take his game up a level were around the mental sidce of things. He is not a natural footballer, and is not a naturally intense or aggressive player. So maybe they simply figured that where he is at now is his ceiling as a player? No shame in that, he's played 50 more games than any of us and despite realing shoiwing immense ability at times, would be far from the first player to promise more than he delivered.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!