Rhys Stanley for Pick #21

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Re: Rhys Stanley for Pick #21

plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
satchmo wrote:
THE man who built Hawthorn's premiership side and oversaw the list that has them back in the top four and in contention for another flag yesterday stunningly quit the club.The Hawks' general manager of player personnel and strategy, Chris Pelchen, abruptly resigned with no indication of why or where he was going. A statement from Hawthorn announcing the news only confirmed the resignation and gave no reason for the decision.

There is no evidence he has left to join another club, nor to accept a position outside of football, heightening speculation that he was forced out.

Pelchen is a ''Hawthorn person'' having served at the club twice - from 1989 to 1995 then from 2005 until this week - so it would be unlikely he would leave the club in the lurch in a critical period during the year and leading into the national draft and with no other job to go to unless there were other reasons for the resignation.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/p ... 1fl53.html
As he started at the Saints the next month as Head Of Football, it could also be that the Saints poached him, with him resigning to take the Saint's job.
Yes. It's likely that he wasn't happy with the "restructuring" going on, but by all accounts I've seen he resigned.

Now you can claim that he was sacked, and if you repeat it enough some will believe you, but you are either lying or parroting incoherent crap spewed from a five time day and night thug and moron.

He was sacked and yes I will continue to repeat it. By the way I said it from about day one when a mate who worked at the Hawks told me. I trust him completely. In Pechen you can trust, I chose not to.
Well my mate who works at Hawthorn said he lost an arm wrestling match with Clarkson with the loser getting the sack, so that's a fact. Not what the articles that came out at the time suggest, they don't know what my Hawthorn mate knows.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Well there ya go. Here was I thinking the Pelican aspired to higher duties, recognition and rewards by advancing up the Dork's heirarchy, made his ambitions known to the Dork's chiefs, who took a look and said "thanks but no thanks, we're don't think your on for the promo, just at the minute", and he decided a ceiling tweren't for him so, he resigned to pursue his career and advancement elsewhere.

Sport, or not, all sounded pretty stock standard HR management practice to me.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:Well there ya go. Here was I thinking the Pelican aspired to higher duties, recognition and rewards by advancing up the Dork's heirarchy, made his ambitions known to the Dork's chiefs, who took a look and said "thanks but no thanks, we're don't think your on for the promo, just at the minute", and he decided a ceiling tweren't for him so, he resigned to pursue his career and advancement elsewhere.

However he was sacked. You can believe what you like. I believe the guy who told me he was sacked. I have no reason to think otherwise.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I don't see how getting sacked really matters?

There are many reasons why people are moved on, it's not as though clarkson is easy going... Maybe they just couldn't work together anymore.

Maybe Pelchen didn't agree with the direction they wanted to take, who knows, but it doesn't make him no good.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I don't see how getting sacked really matters?

There are many reasons why people are moved on, it's not as though clarkson is easy going... Maybe they just couldn't work together anymore.

Maybe Pelchen didn't agree with the direction they wanted to take, who knows, but it doesn't make him no good.

I don't care if he was sacked or not. I care about lying though. I don't trust this guy. many do. We cant all just like guys because they work for our club.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:Well there ya go. Here was I thinking the Pelican aspired to higher duties, recognition and rewards by advancing up the Dork's heirarchy, made his ambitions known to the Dork's chiefs, who took a look and said "thanks but no thanks, we're don't think your on for the promo, just at the minute", and he decided a ceiling tweren't for him so, he resigned to pursue his career and advancement elsewhere.

However he was sacked. You can believe what you like. I believe the guy who told me he was sacked. I have no reason to think otherwise.
I'm up for the conspiracy theory, whistleblower and all, as much as the next fella (prolly more, truthfully).

But, this one kinda falls short of interesting, dontcha think? Matter of fact, it's actually pretty boring in the wider scheme of things.

Has your 'guy' at the Dorks got anything of actual interest?

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I'm up for the conspiracy theory, whistleblower and all, as much as the next fella (prolly more, truthfully).

But, this one kinda falls short of interesting, dontcha think? Matter of fact, it's actually pretty boring in the wider scheme of things.

No idea but you are obviously that bored that you need to comment. By the way the guy at the Hawks is no longer there but im sure he has plenty of interesting stuff.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I have friends related to Kennett and apparently the two were enemies because of the decisions pelchen made on the list including Kennedy and Kennett told the players no premiership heroes would be sacked. Pelchen had other ideas. Doesn't really matter he makes hard decisions that put noses out of joint. He gambles high stakes.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: By the way the guy at the Hawks is no longer there but im sure he has plenty of interesting stuff.
Your mate was sacked for speaking crap?

Pelchen said he resigned.
Hawthorn said he resigned.
The Age said he resigned.
The Australian said he resigned.
The Herald Sun said he resigned.

And you have no reason to think your mate might be wrong?
It's ok to admit that you are wrong. It might be quite therapeutic for you. Time to let go.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote: By the way the guy at the Hawks is no longer there but im sure he has plenty of interesting stuff.
Your mate was sacked for speaking crap?

Pelchen said he resigned.
Hawthorn said he resigned.
The Age said he resigned.
The Australian said he resigned.
The Herald Sun said he resigned.

And you have no reason to think your mate might be wrong?
It's ok to admit that you are wrong. It might be quite therapeutic for you. Time to let go.

No my mate left to run a business he started from nothing that now is a pretty big business. I don't need to admit I am wrong because I always said it was my mate who said it. I trust him. So Chris Anstey resigned or Brendan McCartney. Really I cant stop laughing. Surely you aren't that naïve? By the way I admit Im wrong quite often. Unlike some here why does it matter. No one even knows who each other is. Im not admitting this though because I believe my mate.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Cool. Say hi from me when he climbs down your chimney.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:Cool. Say hi from me when he climbs down your chimney.

Interesting response. Says a bit I reckon.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:Cool. Say hi from me when he climbs down your chimney.

Interesting response. Says a bit I reckon.
I'm glad you have found something interesting. I can't wait for your interpretation, Perhaps it means I've been sacked?

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No idea but you are obviously that bored that you need to comment. By the way the guy at the Hawks is no longer there but im sure he has plenty of interesting stuff.
I readily admit being drawn to nonsense from time to time. We all have our flaws.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I readily admit being drawn to nonsense from time to time. We all have our flaws.

Yes I have seen yours many times. Its all fun though. I don't expect you to show your intelligence on here.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes I have seen yours many times. Its all fun though. I don't expect you to show your intelligence on here.
You're back early. Boundary catch fire, did it?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You're back early. Boundary catch fire, did it?

Don't know. I was at a wake. Thanks anyway.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm not buying in either pluggs, fwiw.

Don't get the fan love for him, well not yet anyways.

Let him earn it.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

The Pelican is good for the Saints..

I pay no creedence to all the anti Pelican waffle in this thread...next these Pelican haters will be writing letters to the club asking them to sack him and bring back Peake :roll: :roll:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Is the jury in or out? Not sure how we can be pro or anti Pelican yet.
Too early in his plans. But we will know one way or the other in 3 years time.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Exactly...

Where are the Ameet threads? Or the trout ones?

It's all channelled towards Chris, it's a bit weird.

Whatever works I guess ;)

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Exactly...

whatever works....indeed :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Exactly...

Who is doing the channeling, K?

It all seems to come from people who are beaten up by mates that are hawks fans.

Personally, I have a good deal of faith in Ameet, Chris, and trout. Not 'because they work for St Kilda', but because I believe that these people are very good at what they do. They are also our only hope for success in the foreseeable future.
Now you could question these people; That is reasonable.
You could be critical of these people; That is also reasonable. A lot of people disagree with trading/recruiting decisions.
You could accuse these people of being liars; Well unless you have some decent evidence to support such claims then you are being willfully destructive, or you are being manipulated by someone a lot smarter than you, and you deserve the frequent abuse with which they reem you.

Enjoy!

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Darth Vader
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Is the jury in or out? Not sure how we can be pro or anti Pelican yet.
Yes, agree it's still too early to know if he's doing any good or not. But what I do know is that I like that he has a plan. It might not work, but at least it's a plan. Too many clubs, us included in the past, give the impression they're making it up as they go along from year to year, always reactive, always thinking short term. To do well, you've got to plan ahead, think long term, be proactive. We're doing that now, but we have to be patient and hold our nerve. Supporters and media want instant results so clubs make knee-jerk decisions. We've got to be better than that.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Darth Vader wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Is the jury in or out? Not sure how we can be pro or anti Pelican yet.
Yes, agree it's still too early to know if he's doing any good or not. But what I do know is that I like that he has a plan. It might not work, but at least it's a plan. Too many clubs, us included in the past, give the impression they're making it up as they go along from year to year, always reactive, always thinking short term. To do well, you've got to plan ahead, think long term, be proactive. We're doing that now, but we have to be patient and hold our nerve. Supporters and media want instant results so clubs make knee-jerk decisions. We've got to be better than that.
Could not agree more.