Liability Milera contracted for 2015

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Liability Milera contracted for 2015

Port and Adelaide don't want him..... He's contacted so how can we now offload this clogger who wants out?

We don't want to pay him out, can we demote him to be mature aged rookie if he's not picked up in the PSD?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Liability Milera contracted for 2015

?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If he wants to return home to SA both parties simply agree to terminate the contract.

In this scenario we would not pay him out.

He is the party that wants to cease the contract.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Port and Adelaide don't want him..... He's contacted so how can we now offload this clogger who wants out?

We don't want to pay him out, can we demote him to be mature aged rookie if he's not picked up in the PSD?

You simply just cant use your brain. Nice headline. Fair dinkum. You are consistent though.

noob
Club Player

Paying him out wouldn't be a bad thing anyway. I doubt we'd be paying 100% of the cap. So we could afford to offload him and put another player on.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Why not let this matter be sorted out by the parties concerned? Really, what does it matter? Milera is CLEARLY not a prospect for the future, so lets concentrate on the ones that ARE!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Port and Adelaide don't want him..... He's contacted so how can we now offload this clogger who wants out?

You simply just cant use your brain. Nice headline. Fair dinkum. You are consistent though.
I think if we haven't used our full salary cap for 2014 he could have his 2015 contract paid out under the 2014 cap.

But realistically if we are anywhere near our full salary cap for 2015 we a doomed for ever.
We should only be able to meet the minimum payment limit for 2015 by dumping buckets of cash in the car boots of Riewoldt, Montagna, Fisher and anyone else over the age of 30.
That way when they final depart that part of the cap becomes available for new recruits, free agents and increases to star younger players.
We should not be paying men's wages to kids when they win wooden spoons.
They will all be wanting more when they start playing finals.
But after those pay rises we still need to have a reserve for free agents to lift us to a premiership.

Containing salaries now is even more important than getting draft picks spot on.
We only failed to win a couple of premierships recently for lack of a couple more star players.
We could not attract them because guys like Luke Ball and Nick Riewoldt had taken too much, leaving nothing in reserve.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Some people are just....I don't know.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:If he wants to return home to SA both parties simply agree to terminate the contract.

In this scenario we would not pay him out.

He is the party that wants to cease the contract.
yep...but if he turns back up at the club..we would have to either keep him for 2015 or pay him out......if i was terry i know what i would be doing...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I doubt he was on more than the average players' wage. He will be paid what he's owed and it shouldn't prove much of a problem with the cap or anything.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

As I say, let the parties concerned sort things out.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Can't help but feel it will be a big loss for milera personally to turn his back on afl which is the likely outcome of all this given the non interest from the SA clubs. Given they didn't bite I hope he rethinks and gives afl a red hot crack in 2015. What ever happens you'd think it will benefit both the club and player if he has an improved season.
He has talent to burn - I hope he stays and sees out his contract

#1 Ryder fan
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Hope the bloke is alright.

I think by not finishing up the VFL season and playing finals he made it very difficult for another club to be genuinely interested. He was in super form and if he'd played well in a couple of finals, the SA clubs might have had a look. I don't think clubs would like a player walking out like he did… he obviously must have pretty serious reasons to do that though.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Milera can piss off. I don't care what his excuses are. He's stuffed his AFL career up.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:Milera can piss off. I don't care what his excuses are. He's stuffed his AFL career up.

Yep who cares if he has personal issues. I don't actually see any problem with this. If he wants to go home he doesn't get any of his contract and if he wants to play he gets his contract. What is the actual issue?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:Milera can piss off. I don't care what his excuses are. He's stuffed his AFL career up.
Your empathy is truly inspiring. :roll:

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
Your empathy is truly inspiring. :roll:
When you're a Saints supporter it doesn't exist.

So do you know why he is leaving?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

didn't he get six votes total for Sandy best and fairest? crapola.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I think if we haven't used our full salary cap for 2014 he could have his 2015 contract paid out under the 2014 cap.

But realistically if we are anywhere near our full salary cap for 2015 we a doomed for ever.
We should only be able to meet the minimum payment limit for 2015 by dumping buckets of cash in the car boots of Riewoldt, Montagna, Fisher and anyone else over the age of 30.
That way when they final depart that part of the cap becomes available for new recruits, free agents and increases to star younger players.
But after those pay rises we still need to have a reserve for free agents to lift us to a premiership.

Containing salaries now is even more important than getting draft picks spot on.
We only failed to win a couple of premierships recently for lack of a couple more star players.
We could not attract them because guys like Luke Ball and Nick Riewoldt had taken too much, leaving nothing in reserve.
Haven't Roo and Joey and Chips been paid handsomely already?

Spread the cap evenly I say and reward those that are going to be here for the climb up the ladder.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
ace wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Haven't Roo and Joey and Chips been paid handsomely already?

Spread the cap evenly I say and reward those that are going to be here for the climb up the ladder.
Id say because of our lack of star players our ordinary or younger players are already getting overs so I wouldn't be giving them anymore. Front ending contracts has a certain danger IMO.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

If Terry goes, who will we have for the Indigenous round? Will Minch qualify? He is dark enough.

sax
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:If Terry goes, who will we have for the Indigenous round? Will Minch qualify? He is dark enough.

Hopefully Nakia Cockatoo!

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:If Terry goes, who will we have for the Indigenous round? Will Minch qualify? He is dark enough.
Gee, if we're drafting based on getting a token rep for every theme round we're in trouble. What do we do during women's round? Who sticks their head out of the closet in LGBT round?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think when u finish 18th from 18. By definition every player on the squad is getting paid 'overs'.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I think when u finish 18th from 18. By definition every player on the squad is getting paid 'overs'.

Well that isn't true at all. Rooy certainly isn't overpaid and I doubt Lenny was either. Probably a few others as well. First and second year players cannot be overpaid.