Very very very unhappy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Re: Very very very unhappy

I hear your pain regarding the seats.

But you gotta understand that the club has to do ANYTHING to minimize the damage from the severe arse pounding they get at EVERY HOME GAME.

That stadium is a farce. We would be better off playing our games at East Burwood.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Rosco
Club Player

HardSaint wrote:I'm happier with the random - I end up sitting randomly much of the time because the 2 people that sit at the aisle end of our row seem to think going to the toilet or getting a beer at quarter time, meaning they have to either stand up or move their legs as to let us through is an act of massive generosity and one they'll hiss and mutter under their breaths about at every pass. It's easier not going back to our seats, we just find a vacant one nearby - because the same act of mercy is required on the return
To be fair, that would get annoying if you're on the aisle all year

matrix
Saintsational Legend

get over it
i leave at half time at every game to get a beer and do a whizz
its not the f****** ballet for christ sake
you dont like piss off and stand somewhere i reckon

whining about someone getting up
not really a put out is it
you have to move your legs 8 inches to the side :roll:

asiu
Saintsational Legend

congruency ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:
HardSaint wrote:I'm happier with the random - I end up sitting randomly much of the time because the 2 people that sit at the aisle end of our row seem to think going to the toilet or getting a beer at quarter time, meaning they have to either stand up or move their legs as to let us through is an act of massive generosity and one they'll hiss and mutter under their breaths about at every pass. It's easier not going back to our seats, we just find a vacant one nearby - because the same act of mercy is required on the return
To be fair, that would get annoying if you're on the aisle all year
Yep, even more reason to get in early and grab a seat that will see you inconvenienced less - these people actually do get in early, so getting to one's seat to begin with involves the same routine. Its level 2, it's a good view no matter where you are

asiu
Saintsational Legend

i'm an 'end of aisle' boy.
need room around me ... clean movement into space.

can't stand the 'energetic turf' games some punters play.
... red rag to decency 'n manners ... lucky the stnuc are wearing rw&b.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

I don't like the sound of this at all.

I like my reserved seat right next to Pluggs. I get two seats for the price of one... I've yet to see him at a game. :P

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:I don't like the sound of this at all.

I like my reserved seat right next to Pluggs. I get two seats for the price of one... I've yet to see him at a game. :P

Im in access one but im glad you want me to sit next to you.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:sounds like the club has finished reaming the interstate members and have moved onto their home grown ones...atleast you get something for your money

$250 buys us the opportunity to receive 1 $30 ticket handed out by ballott
Defacto
im noticing a common trend here with your posts about the interstate membership , you obviously feel ripped off by it so maybe you can elaborate on what the issue you have is ...
from what you have stated you paid for premium interstate membership ($250) the premium interstate membership is a pretty pointless membership (and i have voiced this to the club) as it only has benifit for members if the club make finals.. the unfortunate thing about WA membership is we have a bunky old ass unsuitable stadium to watch footy , the WCE and Freo both have an excess of 40K members yet we have a stadium that only holds 45K the WA government rules that a % of tickets MUST be made available to the general public also the WAFC own a % of tickets the corperate partners of both the AFL WAFC and the WCE and dockers get a % of tickets so once thats all carved up the visiting team end up with an allocation of about 600 tickets (it was once 300 tickets) for a club like Melbourne, Western Bulldogs Crows Power Lions Suns and Giants thats no problem for clubs like us who have in excess of 1000 members its a big issue ...

unfortunatly its nothing the club can do about this short of us only haveing 600 members in WA people will miss out on tickets the ballot option is the fairest way to allocate these tickets i know it sucks but it is what it is and hopefully once the burswood stadium opens we might see an improvment ...

again your concerns and gripes are 100% fair and i would encourage you to come to the Western Saints AGM on the 12th of this month and voice your displeasure to St Kilda President Peter Summers directly .. instead of just walking lets make some noise and see if the club start listening - ive been involved with the Western Saints for the past 6 years and i can honestly say the communication lines are 100% on what they were when i started so the club is trying to improve it just takes some time .. theres still a long way to go but its getting closer to what we all desire

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
SaintWal
Club Player

Just as a last note on this.

Contacted the club and they have moved us to set seats. Unfortunately a lot of the people around us that we know only through the club will not be moving with us but maybe we can catch them in the bar, that is the ones that stay as members, unfortunately I already know that some are not going to the trouble.

The club also advised that we could probably ask to be moved again after the membership take up in November is made clear? I take this that they are expecting memberships to drop off.

The 300 club is officially gone. I could not get a good answer on this other than the club was trying to be more affordable to supporters. I am unsure how disbanding, what I perceived, to be quite a successful supporter and sponsors club, helps.

Overall I believe a couple of things have happened.
1) The stadium keeps screwing us to the wall. Possibly asking for the 300 club room to be used for more lucrative clients.
2) The club can no longer afford to have the two social clubs, Level 1 and Level 2, staffed and catered for by the incompetents at the stadium who have reamed us since day 1.

Probably a combination of both.

I did also voice my frustration at how the club just hit supporters over the head with announcements like this and how the club just expect you to behappy with the change. I got an apology but the reality was that the staff really did not know why it was done this way.

I hope that the club is making the right decisions off the field and not just being dictated to by the stadium deal. Unfortunately it does feel that way.

All we can do is keep supporting, as that is what we do.

See you at next years game.

Cheers
Wal