Jono Orouke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jono Orouke

Then I hope we draft and trade for genuine midfielders.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
#gosaintas
Club Player

Would have a crack at Patton. Might get him cheap given he sits the year out and we don't need him next year anyway.

Gurgman
Club Player

#gosaintas wrote:Would have a crack at Patton. Might get him cheap given he sits the year out and we don't need him next year anyway.

You would take a punt on a guy who has had two knee reco's at his age , no thanks

And i thought this was a forum
FQF
SS Life Member

#gosaintas wrote:Would have a crack at Patton. Might get him cheap given he sits the year out and we don't need him next year anyway.
Would have to be very cheap to be honest. There must be big doubts over his longevity and ability to get on the park now and to be honest, even when he was fit there are legitimate concerns that the type of player that he is is not the future of AFL forwards.

Is he actually out for all of 2015?

#gosaintas
Club Player

If his knees hold up he will be a superstar I reckon. I know it's an "if" and would only do it if we could get him cheap. Would rather give pick 1 to GWS in return for pick 4 and Patton than do the straight swap for Cameron and pick 1. I am aware it's a punt and I'm sure it won't happen but neither will all the other ideas thrown about.

FQF
SS Life Member

#gosaintas wrote:If his knees hold up he will be a superstar I reckon. I know it's an "if" and would only do it if we could get him cheap. Would rather give pick 1 to GWS in return for pick 4 and Patton than do the straight swap for Cameron and pick 1. I am aware it's a punt and I'm sure it won't happen but neither will all the other ideas thrown about.
Pick 1 for Pick 4 and Patton is not cheap. In fact, it is ludicrous.

#gosaintas
Club Player

It's hugely in our favour.

FQF
SS Life Member

How can you say it's hugely in our favour when you acknowledge that his whole career is an 'if' and it's a punt. How can we justify downgrading the number 1 draft pick by 3 spots for a speculative player?

#gosaintas
Club Player

He's young enough to come back and pace is not his strength anyway. I would go for it, you wouldn't. I would punt on him recovering and picking up a gun with pick 4. You would rather not take the punt. Everybody in the draft is a punt.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

LOL
screw that deal
membership meet microwave

:lol:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
andrewg wrote:With the news this kid wants a trade to vic Saints must be firming for pick 1 for JO and pick 3...If like they say hawks are keen then we have other plans...I'm hoping yes but if they get JO and pick three for pick 1 not bad IMO.

Thats not a deal we will be doing.
No, of course it's not. If Jacksch is added to the deal, however, it should have wings. Gwilt can move to GWS as well as part of the swap.

In effect, we get three potential guns in exchange for Pick 1.

It's a controversial swap, of course, but we simply need to start adding copious amounts of young talent to our list. Adding the odd elite talent isn't enough. We need buckets of it.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

andrewg
Club Player

FQF wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:If his knees hold up he will be a superstar I reckon. I know it's an "if" and would only do it if we could get him cheap. Would rather give pick 1 to GWS in return for pick 4 and Patton than do the straight swap for Cameron and pick 1. I am aware it's a punt and I'm sure it won't happen but neither will all the other ideas thrown about.
Pick 1 for Pick 4 and Patton is not cheap. In fact, it is ludicrous.
Seriously.....! That's just a bad call.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
jaxons wrote:
andrewg wrote:With the news this kid wants a trade to vic Saints must be firming for pick 1 for JO and pick 3...If like they say hawks are keen then we have other plans...I'm hoping yes but if they get JO and pick three for pick 1 not bad IMO.

Thats not a deal we will be doing.
No, of course it's not. If Jacksch is added to the deal, however, it should have wings. Gwilt can move to GWS as well as part of the swap.

In effect, we get three potential guns in exchange for Pick 1.

It's a controversial swap, of course, but we simply need to start adding copious amounts of young talent to our list. Adding the odd elite talent isn't enough. We need buckets of it.

Everton based on AFL form we get no potential guns. I hate the move but many will like it. Multiple players isn't the way to improve in the mong term but its a good way of becoming a mid range side who will never get anywhere IMO.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Petracca Pick 1.

howlinwolf
Club Player

Not sure if it's been mentioned here. I've just checked in for the day.
I heard on SEN that we are likely to trade 1 for GWS pick 4 (possibly McCartin) and Jacksch and O'Rourke.
That'll give us 4 picks inside the first round.
I'd be happy with this. The search for more mids can happen next year or Free agent in 2016.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned here. I've just checked in for the day.
I heard on SEN that we are likely to trade 1 for GWS pick 4 (possibly McCartin) and Jacksch and O'Rourke.
I'd be happy with this. The search for more mids can happen next year or Free agent in 2016.

Don't like especially if we missed McCartin. I don't see why Melbourne wouldn't take Brayshaw and McCartin if they had 2 picks.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
howlinwolf wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned here. I've just checked in for the day.

Don't like especially if we missed McCartin. I don't see why Melbourne wouldn't take Brayshaw and McCartin if they had 2 picks.
maybe they would go that way or they might have a diff top 3 players ? they already have Hogan plus they have come out and said that they would trade those picks for Dangerfield so what they would end up doing with those picks is anyones guess

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

maybe they would go that way or they might have a diff top 3 players ? they already have Hogan plus they have come out and said that they would trade those picks for Dangerfield so what they would end up doing with those picks is anyones guess

Yes I know if they trade one or both well they don't then have 2 picks but if they do keep both you would think a mid and a tall forward would be ideal especially as McCartin is rated highly. Yep they Hogan and dawes but who else up forward?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i just get the feeling that the Dee's are more interested in what they can get already playing AFL for those picks then what they can pick up with those picks ... Roo's has a history of bringing in experianced players from his swans days also the Dee's have got a bit of a bad rep of flushing the picks on not so great kids so they may be a bit gun shy in that regard ...
in the end if we were to drop back to pick four we would still be getting a very good prospect at that pick regardless of who the Dees pick

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

McCartin can only play the one position!!! :idea:

Unless he's Plugger Lockett re-incarnated, then I don't get why any club would take him. I also reckon that Petracca would kick more goals than he. I have serious doubts that McCartin will even make it in the AFL. Will be very nervous if we end up with him.

We also don't need '2 metre Peter', so if we surrendered the Petraca pick, I'd be looking at Brayshaw.

So as for trading-out our number one pick to the Wogans... any potential deal starts with Cameron... then they can negotiate what else they are going to give us! And it better be good, better than the (to date) underwhelming J & JO'R, coz we can get Cameron for nothing from them in the 2015 PSD. :twisted: (Last I heard, he still won't sign on to extend his contract.)

We hold all the cards. Stuff the Wogans and their AFL bottomless money pit sweetheart status! :twisted:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
howlinwolf
Club Player

jaxons wrote:There's a couple we are interested in.
Lots of talk at this time, don't believe everything you hear.
In fact most of it is just rumour.
More interested in picks than players although there are a couple that might work.
Promise to let you know when I can.
O.k Thanks Jaxons.
From this I read that we have earmarked our best draft candidates and would prefer picks to secure these unless some "too good to refuse" offer came about.
Would that be a fair estimation ?

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Was pick 2 in a compromised draft..............

also he reminds some what of Aaron Fiora.................pick 3 to begin with

hmm........

saint4life
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:McCartin can only play the one position!!! :idea:

Unless he's Plugger Lockett re-incarnated, then I don't get why any club would take him. I also reckon that Petracca would kick more goals than he. I have serious doubts that McCartin will even make it in the AFL. Will be very nervous if we end up with him.

We also don't need '2 metre Peter', so if we surrendered the Petraca pick, I'd be looking at Brayshaw.

So as for trading-out our number one pick to the Wogans... any potential deal starts with Cameron... then they can negotiate what else they are going to give us! And it better be good, better than the (to date) underwhelming J & JO'R, coz we can get Cameron for nothing from them in the 2015 PSD. :twisted: (Last I heard, he still won't sign on to extend his contract.)

We hold all the cards. Stuff the Wogans and their AFL bottomless money pit sweetheart status! :twisted:
2 meter Peter is risky but he did get a game where he had 28 possessions and kicked a bag of goal between forward and ruck. If he could be used as a genuine full time forward he might be that monster KPF we have always wanted. Sometimes you end up with the better player by accident and it works out. Would allow us to on trade one of our other rucks. Brayshaw is also very good though. I don't think we would have trouble getting a good player with 3 or 4.