Goddard unethical?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

andrewg
Club Player

Goddard unethical?

Seriously?
Is this guy for real.......and I quote...."it's unethical that clubs are taking our players when we are most vulnerable?"

He is a delusional idiot. Hypocrite....

I hope they loose three of their best and we finished above the bombers in 2016-17 while he is running around with a walking stick and only two strands of hair trying to cover his comb over.

FFSake!

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: Goddard unethical?

Who cares what 30 pieces of silver says

You are garbage - Enough said
Playon
Club Player

Pot,kettle.

Hope we join in on the bummers fire sale

markp
Saintsational Legend

Goddard still likes to point.

Ironically 'vulnerable' because it is they who acted so unethically... It's called karma, bj, and it goes around.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

And for him it's not the unethical concept of HIS transfer to EFC, it's the fact time just ran out for him.

So how well should we rate your judgment on the whole ugly unethical episode BJ?

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Open Memo to Brendan Goddard: Before making a headlong rush for the (ahem) "moral high ground", consider the (ahem) "ethics" shown by YOUR club, and its head coach, in the preparedness it showed to ignore the risks to the long term health and welfare of the players, during the period of the Peptides programme, in order to gain an (unfair) edge on rival clubs. REPREHENSIBLE! (IMHO)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Open Memo to Brendan Goddard: Before making a headlong rush for the (ahem) "moral high ground", consider the (ahem) "ethics" shown by YOUR club, and its head coach, in the preparedness it showed to ignore the risks to the long term health and welfare of the players, during the period of the Peptides programme, in order to gain an (unfair) edge on rival clubs. REPREHENSIBLE! (IMHO)
LIKE !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Brendon Judas Goddard can go eat a big Don smallgoods sausage for all I care.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Bloody hell...so many will be licking his boots when he gets welcomed back as a past player.

Wish we had more class in dealing with this, instead of picking apart a sentence or two. As soon as he left the Saints, that was it, he is an opposition player, but who gave a tremendous amount for us and should be recognised for that.

200 game player for our club. FFS...

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Bloody hell...so many will be licking his boots when he gets welcomed back as a past player.
No need to start the queue yet.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Had to front up for that club too often, they hide behind him a bit

gringo
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Had to front up for that club too often, they hide behind him a bit

I think they are worried the other players might start growing extra heads while the camera is rolling.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Goddard was/is a great player for us and for Essendon! I'm not going to cry over spilt milk, he's gone and we move on, but his attitude toward the "drugs scandal" amazes me! He would have more class if he simply got on with the job of representing the Essendon footy club on the field (which is what he's paid for after all) than giving moral support for indefensible actions by Hird and others.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Goddard was/is a great player for us and for Essendon! I'm not going to cry over spilt milk, he's gone and we move on, but his attitude toward the "drugs scandal" amazes me! He would have more class if he simply got on with the job of representing the Essendon footy club on the field (which is what he's paid for after all) than giving moral support for indefensible actions by Hird and others.
He is not a druggie so that's why they use him as a propaganda machine.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Bloody hell...so many will be licking his boots when he gets welcomed back as a past player.

Wish we had more class in dealing with this, instead of picking apart a sentence or two. As soon as he left the Saints, that was it, he is an opposition player, but who gave a tremendous amount for us and should be recognised for that.

200 game player is irrelevant in the face of the damned hypocrisy and ivory tower bulls*** coming out of Essendon. And Goddard is just another in the long line of Hird, Little, Thompson, Watson, Slobbo et al. Couldn't care less if he's a 200 game player, in this instance he's a complete twat.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:

200 game player is irrelevant in the face of the damned hypocrisy and ivory tower bulls*** coming out of Essendon. And Goddard is just another in the long line of Hird, Little, Thompson, Watson, Slobbo et al. Couldn't care less if he's a 200 game player, in this instance he's a complete twat.
Exactly.

But they don't have anyone else that they can stick in front of a camera that can honestly dodge the real questions. Expect it to happen more often.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
spert
Saintsational Legend

It is quite amusing to hear Goddard's cheast-beating drivel after he chased the dollars to go from one club who wont play in another premiership for years to another club who wont play in a premiership for years. Should have stayed put and played his career out with his mates and helped build a new team, though he probably would have stuck the knives in AR's back like he did with Watters.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Remarkable lack of self reflection

Nee!
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

spert wrote:It is quite amusing to hear Goddard's cheast-beating drivel after he chased the dollars to go from one club who wont play in another premiership for years to another club who wont play in a premiership for years. Should have stayed put and played his career out with his mates and helped build a new team, though he probably would have stuck the knives in AR's back like he did with Watters.
Considering Watters leaving some two seasons in...it is fair to say that it was not the players that were the problem.

It takes one amazing character to fall out with so many people so quickly and Watters achieved this.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

wow i hear some crap on here but this takes the cake ....
few things need to be cleared up ...
firstly BJ leaving the club was in part about money it was also in part the club feeling comfortable with losing him considering the compo we got (both draft pick and cap space)

secondly i feel BJ would have loved to have stayed with the saints but two factors one Watters and two the fact the club were not exactly devistated about losing him prob played a big part on him taking the step away

thirdly i would say BJ was pretty devistated to find out what he had walked into at Essendon .. but it was too late to change that so he is trying to make the best of a poor situation .. he had nothing to do with the scandal so from his point he doesnt want to see his new teammate being picked off around him ... i would say he totally regrets going to Essendon (prob not regretting leaving us though) but he is loyal to the team he represents so if that meand toeing the party line he will do that

and finally BJ is a St Kilda legend and will always be as such

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:wow i hear some crap on here but this takes the cake ....
few things need to be cleared up ...
firstly BJ leaving the club was in part about money it was also in part the club feeling comfortable with losing him considering the compo we got (both draft pick and cap space)

secondly i feel BJ would have loved to have stayed with the saints but two factors one Watters and two the fact the club were not exactly devistated about losing him prob played a big part on him taking the step away

thirdly i would say BJ was pretty devistated to find out what he had walked into at Essendon .. but it was too late to change that so he is trying to make the best of a poor situation .. he had nothing to do with the scandal so from his point he doesnt want to see his new teammate being picked off around him ... i would say he totally regrets going to Essendon (prob not regretting leaving us though) but he is loyal to the team he represents so if that meand toeing the party line he will do that

and finally BJ is a St Kilda legend and will always be as such
Fair post. Good post st_Trav_ofWA.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Goddard was/is a great player for us and for Essendon! I'm not going to cry over spilt milk, he's gone and we move on, but his attitude toward the "drugs scandal" amazes me! He would have more class if he simply got on with the job of representing the Essendon footy club on the field (which is what he's paid for after all) than giving moral support for indefensible actions by Hird and others.
He is not a druggie so that's why they use him as a propaganda machine.
Wasn't the brother doing time for drug dealing?

So I wouldn't be 100% sure about bj and illegal drugs.

Not saying he imbibes, but he is not an absolute cleanskin where illegal drugs is concerned

You are garbage - Enough said
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

His name does have the word 'God' in it.

So its understandable he might get a bit high and mighty and preachy on occasion....

He should deliver an annual 'Sermon on the Mount'. It could be done atop 'Windy Hill'.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote: and finally BJ is a St Kilda legend and will always be as such
Couldn't care less if he'd played more games than Harves. Goddard assuming the mantle of moral umpire - in fact anyone from Essendon having the gall to assume that role - needs to be reminded of the hypocrisy, lying and cheating that they're trying to defend. Disgraceful. Goddard = f***wit in this case.