Saints to trade with the swines?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Saints to trade with the swines?

White Winmar wrote:Rumour I heard this morning about the swines wanting to trade for the number 1 pick. Seems they are very keen on Petracca and are willing to be generous in their dealings. The initial offer would be Sam Reid and Tom Mitchell. I don't know that I'd take that. I think Petracca could be the goal kicking midfielder that we so desperately and potentially a marquee player. Thoughts?
News to me.

ctqs
Club Player

According to Nathan Burke on ABC Radio yesterday, all clubs have put in a bid for the No. 1 pick but the Saints are just sitting back and working out what's in our best interests.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

No thanks Sydney you are just trying to offload 2nd string players to make salary cap room...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

No thanks Sydney you are just trying to offload 2nd string players to make salary cap room...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Club Player

could he (Petracca) be anything like Ollie Wines?? I have not seen him play but he sure is a solid lad!

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
saint6709
Club Player

I think Gws has a lot more to offer in possible trade scenarios with the saints

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

saint6709 wrote:I think Gws has a lot more to offer in possible trade scenarios with the saints
Maybe, but would want to offer more than Jacksh and JOR and #3.

We can pick up Jacksh in the PSD and JOR is purely unknown.

Even if we dont trade we get Petracca in the ND, and Jacksh in the PSD

You are garbage - Enough said
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Wouldn't take Reid for free let alone involve pick #1. Hugely overrated and would be hideous in a struggling side.

saint6709
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
saint6709 wrote:I think Gws has a lot more to offer in possible trade scenarios with the saints
Maybe, but would want to offer more than Jacksh and JOR and #3.

We can pick up Jacksh in the PSD and JOR is purely unknown.

Even if we dont trade we get Petracca in the ND, and Jacksh in the PSD
I would be doing a mega trade - pick 1, longer, joey and gwilt ( all of whom I think gws could possibly use but a team like swans probably not) for Cameron , orouke, jaksch and ( trealor or shiels) - then I would throw something serious at him to get Carlisle from dons ---- but yes agree Jaksch could come for free it seems -- and no I don't think my trade will happen - but dare to dream 8-)

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Rumour I heard this morning about the swines wanting to trade for the number 1 pick. Seems they are very keen on Petracca and are willing to be generous in their dealings. The initial offer would be Sam Reid and Tom Mitchell. I don't know that I'd take that. I think Petracca could be the goal kicking midfielder that we so desperately and potentially a marquee player. Thoughts?
News to me.
Sorry Tony. I apologise. I forgot you know everything that goes on at the saints. Are you the pelican? The source is pretty reliable. I'm willing to bow to your superior knowledge, but unless you disclose who you are, I'm willing to believe my source. For the time being at least. :D

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
howlinwolf
Club Player

Last night's effort by Port reinforces to me we should get Petracca. We should chase quality mids and then some more.
Port don't have any real power forwards. They certainly had none effective last night but stormed home through their midfield.
I'd be very happy if we played that style in 3 years time.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Petracca = Wines

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

What's Petracca's field kicking like ??

Because from that highlights reel it looks very very average

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
tony74 wrote:
News to me.
Sorry Tony. I apologise. I forgot you know everything that goes on at the saints. Are you the pelican? The source is pretty reliable. I'm willing to bow to your superior knowledge, but unless you disclose who you are, I'm willing to believe my source. For the time being at least. :D
According to BF this rumour about trading with the Swines was put forth a couple of weeks ago by Brian Speaking - is BS your source WW??

Also according to BF it seems Joffaboy still lurks here :lol:

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Devilhead wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
tony74 wrote:
News to me.
According to BF this rumour about trading with the Swines was put forth a couple of weeks ago by Brian Speaking - is BS your source WW??

Not according to BF. Anyone who can read or has attempted to pay attention would know that joffaboy still posts over at BigFooty, has been doing so since Dec 2000.

Joffaboy does not post on Saintsational.

Why is it so hard for some of you to understand this simple fact?

And apparently this rumour was around 6 weeks ago about the Swans and their s*** offer.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

We have to take the key forward.

We just have to.

Terry Wallace spruiks some stat that basically every decent key forward in the game (or at least a very, very high %) come high in the draft (ie. taken in the top 10).

They're not all guaranteed to be stars - but it's almost a guarantee that unless they're taken in the top 10 they'll be no good.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Johnny Member wrote:We have to take the key forward.

We just have to.

Terry Wallace spruiks some stat that basically every decent key forward in the game (or at least a very, very high %) come high in the draft (ie. taken in the top 10).

They're not all guaranteed to be stars - but it's almost a guarantee that unless they're taken in the top 10 they'll be no good.
JM, do you think that the extra year to Roo may indicate that they want to develop Stanley, White and Lee for an extra year and take more mids in this draft?

Would think that we will have the opportunity to take the best tall next draft if any of Lee, Stanley or White doesn't come on.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Oh and didn't Wallace take Tambling over Buddy Franklin? :D

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Devilhead wrote: According to BF this rumour about trading with the Swines was put forth a couple of weeks ago by Brian Speaking - is BS your source WW??

Not according to BF. Anyone who can read or has attempted to pay attention would know that joffaboy still posts over at BigFooty, has been doing so since Dec 2000.

And apparently this rumour was around 6 weeks ago about the Swans and their s*** offer.
Who said Joffaboy posts here?? I said he lurks here ie: still reads the site - going by his comments on BigFooty - so much for him staying away from the site - can't help himself I guess :lol:

Re: Swans offer - you just confirmed what I just said :? :?

Thanks anyway <edited by mods>for your insightful comments :wink:

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Devilhead wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Devilhead wrote: According to BF this rumour about trading with the Swines was put forth a couple of weeks ago by Brian Speaking - is BS your source WW??

Who said Joffaboy posts here?? I said he lurks here ie: still reads the site - going by his comments on BigFooty - so much for him staying away from the site - can't help himself I guess :lol:

Re: Swans offer - you just confirmed what I just said :? :?

Thanks anyway<edited by mods> for your insightful comments :wink:
Reported for baiting.

This topic is about Sydney trading with St.Kilda.

saintbob
SS Life Member

No, no , no
We'll be bottom 3 or 4 for the next few years, so we'll have a few picks inside the top 10.
Hopefully we don't trade any of them and we take the best available, which this year is Petracca.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
White Winmar wrote:
tony74 wrote:
News to me.

True, but the person who did the typing for Joffaboy's posts is still posting here, and in the same style.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
defacto
Club Player

that rumor is a month and a bit old

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

White Winmar wrote:
tony74 wrote:
News to me.
Hi WW, like yourself, I don't know tony's exact source, but whilst no one can get get 'em all correct, it's pretty clear that tony has the runs on the board... lots of 'em.

That said, I actually took tony's post to imply that our club isn't interested in the deal that the Swines are mooted to have offered... c/f saying that there's no offer/s(?)

I hope I read it correctly tony(?) Coz that deal ain't anywhere near good enough.

Stuff the Swines, and stuff any other club! We hold the aces here! :twisted:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Mitchell looks great on paper but I heard them say on the radio Sydney think he has some flaws that need work including being a one way player. He's not playing to the team rules and keeps getting dropped. Reid is worse than Stanley and most give Stanley grief.