Our Grandstand. Saintsationalists' help needed.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our Grandstand. Saintsationalists' help needed.

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Pretty sure it makes it clear there will no footy at the ground as OM are moving from the ground.
I thought you said that yo re-read the article Pluggs? Can you show us the part where it says there will be no footy at the Junction Oval?
plugger66 wrote: Dave you need to stop thinking in the 60's. What AFL grounds now have cricket pitches?
Ummmm...? SCG, MCG, GABBA, Adelaide Oval, Bellreive, Manuka, York Park, the NT grounds, Kardinia Park...?

And whilst not (yet) an AFL ground, Pluggs... footy games are still played on the Junction Oval.

I haven't heard that the pitch there is minefield to bat on(?)

plugger66 wrote:What cricketers now only train or play for 6 months?
The vast, vast majority I would have thought.

And if you are talking about playing (as distinct from training) in Melbs', then I would say, all of them.

(Ok, the Sri Lankans at Silverton excepted. :D )

plugger66 wrote:What footy grounds have mainly standing room?
Well, there's the one you and Mart watch Sandy games at... TBBO.

On Saturday at Vic Park, I noticed many, many people, and of all ages, happily watching the footy... standing.

And as recently as last decade... Kardinia Park.

plugger66 wrote:Geelomg and the governement have spent many millions on making the ground bugger all bigger attendance wise but confortable for all the crowd. Time for forget that silly dream unless you can come up with logic for spending 200 million on a ground that will play 2 games a year because it would only ever hold 15k at the most.
Again Pluggs, I thought you re-read that article(?)

It said quite clearly that once completed (possibly as soon as 2016) the capacity would be 40,000.

plugger66 wrote:It will not happen whilst humans run this place.
Humans are running this place less and less all the time. It's called the modern world Pluggs. We aren't in the 60's any more. :wink:

So I'm glad to see that you are starting to come 'round. :D

Dave I keep asking for logic and you keep disappointing me. If OM's are moving and CV are taking over the ground logic says there will be no footy there. Please use common sense. Where in the article does it suggest the Saints will ever use the JO as their ground. Everything points to the opposite. All district cricketers train at least 9 months a year and all Victorian cricketers train 10 months a year so they will be training whilst we are playing at the ground. The answer is no because we arent playing there and it is CV ground. And yes OM play there at the moment but also at the moment it isnt a shield ground and the Victorians still train at the G. This will now be the home of CV so all the training will be done at the ground, inside and out. Great example re the grounds. 1000 people at a VFL game. VFL games used to attract many more than that but with people becoming spoilt bt AFL stadiums crowds have dropped off. For god sake Dave give a real examples, not stuff that makes me look right. I thought you were trying to make a point for playing AFL footy at the ground but all you seem to be doing is making points in my favour. And I have no idea what article you are talking about but the Caro article mentions no attendance at all. Is this another of your fantasyland articles.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:Dave I keep asking for logic and you keep disappointing me. If OM's are moving and CV are taking over the ground logic says there will be no footy there. Please use common sense. Where in the article does it suggest the Saints will ever use the JO as their ground. Everything points to the opposite. All district cricketers train at least 9 months a year and all Victorian cricketers train 10 months a year so they will be training whilst we are playing at the ground. The answer is no because we arent playing there and it is CV ground. And yes OM play there at the moment but also at the moment it isnt a shield ground and the Victorians still train at the G. This will now be the home of CV so all the training will be done at the ground, inside and out. Great example re the grounds. 1000 people at a VFL game. VFL games used to attract many more than that but with people becoming spoilt bt AFL stadiums crowds have dropped off. For god sake Dave give a real examples, not stuff that makes me look right. I thought you were trying to make a point for playing AFL footy at the ground but all you seem to be doing is making points in my favour. And I have no idea what article you are talking about but the Caro article mentions no attendance at all. Is this another of your fantasyland articles.
Pluggs, I keep giving you logic, and you keep missing it. :wink:

I think that you misread what I posted re playing cricket in Melbourne. The tiny minority of cricketers who aren't just recreational 'weekend warrior' types, and hence do play and or train all year round... still do not, because they cannot, play cricket outdoors during Melbourne's winter. :idea:

So, you're trying to tell us that it would be logical to pour all that $$$ into redeveloping the Junction Oval... to then have it sitting idle for half the year...?

(Pluggs, which 'activity' would you say is the biggest income earner for the MCG...?)

All the grounds I listed host cricket and footy (and other winter sports too). The pitches seem to cope. And that includes the Junction Oval... right now. :idea:

Ok, one thing you are (sorta') correct on is that Caro's article, whilst talking of hosting cricket, including Sheffield Shield finals, from 2016, didn't actually give a crowd capacity number.

So, this is the quote you want...
Victoria’s oldest cricket club, St Kilda Cricket Club, would continue to play at the upgraded Junction Oval. The historic Blackie-Ironmonger and Kevin Murray stands would be restored to create a boutique venue with capacity for 7,000 spectators to watch the Bushrangers and VicSpirit women's matches, including the Sheffield Shield Final should Victoria earn hosting rights.
http://m.cricket.com.au/news-list/2014/ ... crossroads
Cricket matches tend to go for longer than footy games. Do you think that any of those 7000 will be standing? I do.

So for a (shorter than cricket) game of footy (just like Vic Park on Saturday), I reckon plenty more than 7000 would be happy to rock up, sitting or standing.

And with an initial starting capacity of 7000, do you really think it would cost $200 mil more to gradually increase that capacity a bit over time, so that we could host selected boutique home games...?

Pluggs, you make out as if I'm calling for St Kilda home games out of the Junction Oval from next season. No, selected boutique St Kilda home games at our Junction is what I want to see... eventually.

As a St Kilda supporter... I am patient... but Pluggs, don't forget to smile when I finally get to take that pic of your goodself at a game at our Junction Oval. :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Dave I keep asking for logic and you keep disappointing me. If OM's are moving and CV are taking over the ground logic says there will be no footy there. Please use common sense. Where in the article does it suggest the Saints will ever use the JO as their ground. Everything points to the opposite. All district cricketers train at least 9 months a year and all Victorian cricketers train 10 months a year so they will be training whilst we are playing at the ground. The answer is no because we arent playing there and it is CV ground. And yes OM play there at the moment but also at the moment it isnt a shield ground and the Victorians still train at the G. This will now be the home of CV so all the training will be done at the ground, inside and out. Great example re the grounds. 1000 people at a VFL game. VFL games used to attract many more than that but with people becoming spoilt bt AFL stadiums crowds have dropped off. For god sake Dave give a real examples, not stuff that makes me look right. I thought you were trying to make a point for playing AFL footy at the ground but all you seem to be doing is making points in my favour. And I have no idea what article you are talking about but the Caro article mentions no attendance at all. Is this another of your fantasyland articles.
Pluggs, I keep giving you logic, and you keep missing it. :wink:

I think that you misread what I posted re playing cricket in Melbourne. The tiny minority of cricketers who aren't just recreational 'weekend warrior' types, and hence do play and or train all year round... still do not, because they cannot, play cricket outdoors during Melbourne's winter. :idea:

So, you're trying to tell us that it would be logical to pour all that $$$ into redeveloping the Junction Oval... to then have it sitting idle for half the year...?

(Pluggs, which 'activity' would you say is the biggest income earner for the MCG...?)

All the grounds I listed host cricket and footy (and other winter sports too). The pitches seem to cope. And that includes the Junction Oval... right now. :idea:

Ok, one thing you are (sorta') correct on is that Caro's article, whilst talking of hosting cricket, including Sheffield Shield finals, from 2016, didn't actually give a crowd capacity number.

So, this is the quote you want...
Victoria’s oldest cricket club, St Kilda Cricket Club, would continue to play at the upgraded Junction Oval. The historic Blackie-Ironmonger and Kevin Murray stands would be restored to create a boutique venue with capacity for 7,000 spectators to watch the Bushrangers and VicSpirit women's matches, including the Sheffield Shield Final should Victoria earn hosting rights.
http://m.cricket.com.au/news-list/2014/ ... crossroads
Cricket matches tend to go for longer than footy games. Do you think that any of those 7000 will be standing? I do.

So for a (shorter than cricket) game of footy (just like Vic Park on Saturday), I reckon plenty more than 7000 would be happy to rock up, sitting or standing.

And with an initial starting capacity of 7000, do you really think it would cost $200 mil more to gradually increase that capacity a bit over time, so that we could host selected boutique home games...?

Pluggs, you make out as if I'm calling for St Kilda home games out of the Junction Oval from next season. No, selected boutique St Kilda home games at our Junction is what I want to see... eventually.

As a St Kilda supporter... I am patient... but Pluggs, don't forget to smile when I finally get to take that pic of your goodself at a game at our Junction Oval. :wink:

Dave you obviously have never had involvement with Victorian cricket and neither have I but friends I know do have a huge involvement and they train 10 months of the year. Now read this slowly Dave. At the moment they train indoors and out doors at the G but that will be all moving to the JO where they will train for 10 months of the year, indoors and out doors. You know they can have pitches that are playable in winter Dave? It will be home of cricket so there will be only cricket played on the ground because the AFL does not play at grounds with cricket wickets and the main reason for this project is so that CV have their own ground to be shared by exactly no one else. The project is costing so much because of the new facilities that we will also use but NOT THE GROUND EVER. Thats why we are on the other ground or do we get 2 and CV only get half of one. The answer is no. So now the ground holds 7k and not 40k. Interesting. yep the cricket people will occasionally stand. Sitting for 7 hours drives people mad. No idea what that has to do with AFL footy. What has Vic Park got to do with AFL footy? There will not be a boutique stadium in Victoria. maybe you havent received the news because you are still in the 60's but the AFL own Etihad in around 13 years. Why would they want to help build another ground to be in competition with themself? And I know you arent talking next season. Im not talking this century and I know i will be closer. Please use logic. You are argue the same irrelevant stuff like VFL grounds, cricket crowds, only 6 months of cricket and so on. All nothing to do with reality.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Mr Magic commented earlier :
The new training oval could be called The Baldock Jeans Oval
in honour of our 2 departed legends who both played there and who were in charge of us when we moved to Moorabbin and won our first premiership.
Not a bad suggestion MM. Lenny & Rooey are recent and perhaps not quite in the same league from an "overall contribution" viewpoint.

They will probably rename it after a politician :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Mr Magic commented earlier :
The new training oval could be called The Baldock Jeans Oval
in honour of our 2 departed legends who both played there and who were in charge of us when we moved to Moorabbin and won our first premiership.
Not a bad suggestion MM. Lenny & Rooey are recent and perhaps not quite in the same league from an "overall contribution" viewpoint.

They will probably rename it after a politician :roll:

If we are going to make some big money the ground will have to be named after a sponsor.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Plugger 66 commented :
If we are going to make some big money the ground will have to be named after a sponsor.
Probably right Plugger, but will it be our Training Oval, or the Junction Oval? If it's JO, then Cricket Vic will claim a fair say - as others have nominated, perhaps Shane Warne Oval???

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Plugger 66 commented :
Probably right Plugger, but will it be our Training Oval, or the Junction Oval? If it's JO, then Cricket Vic will claim a fair say - as others have nominated, perhaps Shane Warne Oval???
Our training complex could be called 'The "Sponsor's Name" Centre at Baldock/Jeans Oval

Just like the Pies had Lexus Centre at Olympic Park
now Westpac Centre at Olympic Park
and Gosch's Paddock at Olympic Park

and Rod laver Arena at the Tennis Centre in Olympic Park
Or Vodafone (or whatever it's now called) Arena at The Tennis Centre in Olympic park

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

i don't think i've ever read a poster who lives so much in the present. The future aint gonna happen because it aint at the moment. The past is not the present so it isn't as good. The staus quo is the reality. If the apple had hit him on the head he would've eaten it and thought no more of it.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:i don't think i've ever read a poster who lives so much in the present. The future aint gonna happen because it aint at the moment. The past is not the present so it isn't as good. The staus quo is the reality. If the apple had hit him on the head he would've eaten it and thought no more of it.

And i dont think i have read so many ideas that never happen. Happy for you to tell me all the things I get wrong living in the present. Lets play Rooy on the wing. lets play at the JO. Lets do this and lets do that. None of these things happen because thats just how it is. Conservative yep because most times our club is. Anyway all keep going. Its really good fun on a cold night.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Noone out-boreds the plugger noone.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:Dave you obviously have never had involvement with Victorian cricket and neither have I but friends I know do have a huge involvement and they train 10 months of the year. Now read this slowly Dave. At the moment they train indoors and out doors at the G but that will be all moving to the JO where they will train for 10 months of the year, indoors and out doors. You know they can have pitches that are playable in winter Dave? It will be home of cricket so there will be only cricket played on the ground because the AFL does not play at grounds with cricket wickets and the main reason for this project is so that CV have their own ground to be shared by exactly no one else. The project is costing so much because of the new facilities that we will also use but NOT THE GROUND EVER. Thats why we are on the other ground or do we get 2 and CV only get half of one. The answer is no. So now the ground holds 7k and not 40k. Interesting. yep the cricket people will occasionally stand. Sitting for 7 hours drives people mad. No idea what that has to do with AFL footy. What has Vic Park got to do with AFL footy? There will not be a boutique stadium in Victoria. maybe you havent received the news because you are still in the 60's but the AFL own Etihad in around 13 years. Why would they want to help build another ground to be in competition with themself? And I know you arent talking next season. Im not talking this century and I know i will be closer. Please use logic. You are argue the same irrelevant stuff like VFL grounds, cricket crowds, only 6 months of cricket and so on. All nothing to do with reality.
Hi again Pluggs.

- You still have not pointed us towards where it says that there will never ever be footy played on the Junction Oval... and that's overlooking the fact that it is played there... currently...

- Can you also point us towards these Melbourne grounds where actual turf wicket cricket matches are played... in winter? Coz if they aren't actually playing a game of cricket, then those blokes who train ten months of the year don't need a centre wicket. :idea:

'Training' outdoors does not mean 'playing' outdoors ten months of the year.

- The AFL won't play on grounds with wickets? Since when? If so, how many of those AFL venues I listed a few posts back have drop-in pitches? MCG. Any others? Certainly not all of them.

- Standing at Vic Park is totally relevant. It means that people are actually capable of, and happy to, stand to watch a game of footy.

- 7000 capacity is a pretty good starting point. Again, $200 million to gradually increase that...?

- I'll answer an earlier question for you re the MCG. Biggest $$$-spinning 'activity'? AFL footy. (You knew that though.)

So the Junction Oval is going to rely on a cut from beer sales from the District Cricket (which probably already go to ST K CC?) and from the gate from a few Sheffield Shield games... when they could be hosting some AFL matches...? Right. That makes logical financial sense... not.

And I bet the Fitzroy Street traders would love the Saints to be playing some games out of the Junction. (I'm prepared to bet, coz I know that they would love it to happen.)

I think I might just head out to Tulla this evening... and look upwards.

Always good to look at something that 'could never happen'. :wink:

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Dave you obviously have never had involvement with Victorian cricket and neither have I but friends I know do have a huge involvement and they train 10 months of the year. Now read this slowly Dave. At the moment they train indoors and out doors at the G but that will be all moving to the JO where they will train for 10 months of the year, indoors and out doors. You know they can have pitches that are playable in winter Dave? It will be home of cricket so there will be only cricket played on the ground because the AFL does not play at grounds with cricket wickets and the main reason for this project is so that CV have their own ground to be shared by exactly no one else. The project is costing so much because of the new facilities that we will also use but NOT THE GROUND EVER. Thats why we are on the other ground or do we get 2 and CV only get half of one. The answer is no. So now the ground holds 7k and not 40k. Interesting. yep the cricket people will occasionally stand. Sitting for 7 hours drives people mad. No idea what that has to do with AFL footy. What has Vic Park got to do with AFL footy? There will not be a boutique stadium in Victoria. maybe you havent received the news because you are still in the 60's but the AFL own Etihad in around 13 years. Why would they want to help build another ground to be in competition with themself? And I know you arent talking next season. Im not talking this century and I know i will be closer. Please use logic. You are argue the same irrelevant stuff like VFL grounds, cricket crowds, only 6 months of cricket and so on. All nothing to do with reality.
Hi again Pluggs.

- You still have not pointed us towards where it says that there will never ever be footy played on the Junction Oval... and that's overlooking the fact that it is played there... currently...

- Can you also point us towards these Melbourne grounds where actual turf wicket cricket matches are played... in winter? Coz if they aren't actually playing a game of cricket, then those blokes who train ten months of the year don't need a centre wicket. :idea:

- The AFL won't play on grounds with wickets? Since when? If so, how many of those AFL venues I listed a few posts back have drop-in pitches? MCG. Any others? Certainly not all of them.

- Standing at Vic Park is totally relevant. It means that people are actually capable of, and happy to, stand to watch a game of footy.

- 7000 capacity is a pretty good starting point. Again, $200 million to gradually increase that...?

- I'll answer an earlier question for you re the MCG. Biggest $$$-spinning 'activity'? AFL footy. (You knew that though.)

So the Junction Oval is going to rely on a cut from beer sales from the District Cricket (which probably already go to ST K CC?) and from the gate from a few Sheffield Shield games... when they could be hosting some AFL matches...? Right. That makes logical financial sense... not.

And I bet the Fitzroy Street traders would love the Saints to be playing some games out of the Junction. (I'm prepared to bet, coz I know that they would love it to happen.)

Yep very good.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Dave,
I don't think there is any possibility of playing pre-season games at JO because CV will still be using it (and the turf pitches) right p to the start of Footy season.
As for the Saints using it as a training oval during winter, I don't reckon that's on either.
IMHO there's no way CV will want any footballers on THEIR oval ever.

Let's not forget what's actually going on here.

The AFL wants earlier and unfettered access to the MCG, so it has 'cooked u' this idea about moving CV to IT'S OWN alternate site - The Junction Ovl.
The only ay they think they can sell this is by 'attaching' us to the deal.
For us, if we can get a 'state of the art' training venue in close proximity to the CBD then of course it's a benefit.

But there is absolutely no way (IMHO) that we're going to get to play games at JO or even train there.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

For Christ sake....don't name it the Shane warne oval.
:shock:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

"The Barker Hayes Stand"

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:For Christ sake....don't name it the Shane warne oval.
:shock:
Is that Plugsy in your avatar?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:Hi again Pluggs.

Yep very good.
Pluggs, as long as the cholesterol doesn't get you first, I WILL get that picture of you at a Saints game at the Junction.

So sort our your diet, and don't forget to smile. :D

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:Hi again Pluggs.

Yep very good.
Pluggs, as long as the cholesterol doesn't get you first, I WILL get that picture of you at a Saints game at the Junction.

I always smile so it seems you have not only got the JO thing wrong you have the smiling thing wrong and arent even close with cholestrol as mine is fantastic. I will never get a picture with you at the JO unless you like shield cricket.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Dave,
I don't think there is any possibility of playing pre-season games at JO because CV will still be using it (and the turf pitches) right p to the start of Footy season.
As for the Saints using it as a training oval during winter, I don't reckon that's on either.

The AFL wants earlier and unfettered access to the MCG, so it has 'cooked u' this idea about moving CV to IT'S OWN alternate site - The Junction Ovl.
For us, if we can get a 'state of the art' training venue in close proximity to the CBD then of course it's a benefit.

But there is absolutely no way (IMHO) that we're going to get to play games at JO or even train there.
Hi Mr M,

Cricket Victoria need us to get the new state of the art facilities. The The St Kilda CC need us coz they are in danger of being kicked off the ground. The AFL need us to get this deal up so they can get onto the MCG for the start of the footy season. Oh, and the AFL head honcho is finally a Sainta.

Our position is stronger than some think.

I hear you (and Pluggsy), but where does it say that the Junction is to be Cricket Victoria's oval solely?

They can't use the turf wicket during a Melbourne winter, cricket grounds all around Oz are used by various winter codes without harming the pitch... the Junction Oval included, right now.

What a waste of an expensively refurbished venue to leave it idle for half the year.

I can't see the harm (for either code) in a bit of mutual give n' take... to gain a heap of mutual benefits.

(Surely this should be an easier situation to sort out than another that we could both think of, that also calls for a bit of mutual give n' take... to gain a heap of mutual benefits. :wink: )

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:Pluggs, as long as the cholesterol doesn't get you first, I WILL get that picture of you at a Saints game at the Junction.

I always smile so it seems you have not only got the JO thing wrong you have the smiling thing wrong and arent even close with cholestrol as mine is fantastic. I will never get a picture with you at the JO unless you like shield cricket.
Never is a very long time Pluggs...

That's great news also re your cholesterol. Have a think about which of the grand stands you'd like in the background. :D

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:Pluggs, as long as the cholesterol doesn't get you first, I WILL get that picture of you at a Saints game at the Junction.

Never is a very long time Pluggs...

That's great news also re your cholesterol. Have a think about which of the grand stands you'd like in the background. :D

Had enough now. Go and dream about it. At least when you are asleep it will feel real.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Dave,

Hi Mr M,

Cricket Victoria need us to get the new state of the art facilities. The The St Kilda CC need us coz they are in danger of being kicked off the ground. The AFL need us to get this deal up so they can get onto the MCG for the start of the footy season. Oh, and the AFL head honcho is finally a Sainta.

Our position is stronger than some think.

I hear you (and Pluggsy), but where does it say that the Junction is to be Cricket Victoria's oval solely?

They can't use the turf wicket during a Melbourne winter, cricket grounds all around Oz are used by various winter codes without harming the pitch... the Junction Oval included, right now.

What a waste of an expensively refurbished venue to leave it idle for half the year.

I can't see the harm (for either code) in a bit of mutual give n' take... to gain a heap of mutual benefits.

(Surely this should be an easier situation to sort out than another that we could both think of, that also calls for a bit of mutual give n' take... to gain a heap of mutual benefits. :wink: )
Dave,
I've had some experience with ovals that contain turf wickets (albeit some time ago). I was a member of a Park Committee of Management
The problem is not that the cricketers won't be using it during winter.
The problem is the damage football boots will do to the turf wicket square.

IMHO there is no way, having agreed to move off the MCG, that CV will allow anything other than cricket to be on 'their turf'.
And even if they did, they will be using it until at least March which means we will not be able to get onto it prior to the football season.
I have no doubt that there will be a rejuvenation of the precinct with the building of stand alone and joint facilities to be shared by CV and AFL
BUT I think it will be 2 different ovals.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

2 different ovals in the foreseeable future. I agree.
But long term, money can change everything. And the people about to become involved have plenty of money and plenty of longterm visions.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:2 different ovals in the foreseeable future. I agree.
But long term, money can change everything. And the people about to become involved have plenty of money and plenty of longterm visions.

Tony the ground is being developed for cricket. Our ground will be in the park next to it. CV arent going to agree to footy just because some people may have a heap of money. Then it starts again. They will need a ground because footy is at the JO. And more importantly the AFL will not want a third ground when they own Etihad.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

How about the Philip Morris Smokers' Stand?

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!