What's the Brions secret?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: What's the Brions secret?

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:Way to ruin yet another thread p66.
You can't be serious - you're blaming P66 for this train wreck ?? You're 100% wrong. Lay 100% of the blame at the feet of the delusional CM with his talk of cakes and lollipops and his complete and utter failure to grasp primary school level maths.......
I admit that my grasp on primary school level maths isn't good but this is way above that so that probably explains why you have entered into battle unarmed. However In the context of P66's interjection, which was him inferring that the Lions were 75% better. Tell me that said interjecting doesn't fit P66's Modus Operandi. He has since tried to screw it around but I will choose to believe he was twisting things as usual.

CM I dont think Sydney are 75% better than us let alone the Lions. You understand how good they would have to be to be 75% better? It was a simple response that Brisbane and the WB had won 75% more games than us.
You were countering my argument that the Lions are just as ordinary as us by stating they had a 75% better record. I have argued that you were presenting misleading numbers to support your claim. It's strange Captain Wilson that you would deny that fact and not just accept that I made a fair point in response to your misleading claim.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
True Believer wrote:
You can't be serious - you're blaming P66 for this train wreck ?? You're 100% wrong. Lay 100% of the blame at the feet of the delusional CM with his talk of cakes and lollipops and his complete and utter failure to grasp primary school level maths.......
I admit that my grasp on primary school level maths isn't good but this is way above that so that probably explains why you have entered into battle unarmed. However In the context of P66's interjection, which was him inferring that the Lions were 75% better. Tell me that said interjecting doesn't fit P66's Modus Operandi. He has since tried to screw it around but I will choose to believe he was twisting things as usual.

CM I dont think Sydney are 75% better than us let alone the Lions. You understand how good they would have to be to be 75% better? It was a simple response that Brisbane and the WB had won 75% more games than us.
You were countering my argument that the Lions are just as ordinary as us by stating they had a 75% better record. I have argued that you were presenting misleading numbers to support your claim. It's strange Captain Wilson that you would deny that fact and not just accept that I made a fair point in response to your misleading claim.

Numbers are fact. Your brain is misleading you. They have won 75% more games than us this season. They are probably about a 10% better side than us this season.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Numbers are fact. Your brain is misleading you. They have won 75% more games than us this season. They are probably about a 10% better side than us this season.
what a strange thing to say. My brain isn't misleading me. You tried to infer that they were a 75% better side and that is what I will go with.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

No side is 75% better than another but as you obviously dont understand numbers at all you go with it then. At least you have given many people a laugh but next time let them laugh with you and not at you.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:No side is 75% better than another but as you obviously dont understand numbers at all you go with it then. At least you have given many people a laugh but next time let them laugh with you and not at you.
What a strange thing to say, weird because I would say that most people know your first instinct is to counter any point or opinion made and argue the opposite so I'd say the people are laughing that you claimed that the Lions are a 75% better side and that you tried to back-track and not admit it was wrong. Good work Captain Wilson.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:No side is 75% better than another but as you obviously dont understand numbers at all you go with it then. At least you have given many people a laugh but next time let them laugh with you and not at you.
What a strange thing to say, weird because I would say that most people know your first instinct is to counter any point or opinion made and argue the opposite so I'd say the people are laughing that you claimed that the Lions are a 75% better side and that you tried to back-track and not admit it was wrong. Good work Captain Wilson.

Thats funny CM. Just went through the first few posts on this subject and even you said we were talking about 75% more wins than us and now somehow you have decided its 75% better side when that was never mentioned by either you or me until you realised how silly you looked when it was proven they had won 75% more games than us.

Do you understand percentage at all. for a side to be 75% better than us they would have to be better or at least as good as geelong or Sydney. WB and Brisbane are probably 10% to 15% better than us but they have won 75% more games than us. A point you tried to challenge early in this topic and you were proven wrong because there is only one right answer and you didnt get it.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Thats funny CM. Just went through the first few posts on this subject and even you said we were talking about 75% more wins than us and now somehow you have decided its 75% better side when that was never mentioned by either you or me until you realised how silly you looked when it was proven they had won 75% more games than us.

Do you understand percentage at all. for a side to be 75% better than us they would have to be better or at least as good as geelong or Sydney. WB and Brisbane are probably 10% to 15% better than us but they have won 75% more games than us. A point you tried to challenge early in this topic and you were proven wrong because there is only one right answer and you didnt get it.
Wilson you don't like being wrong do you. You can't undo stuff on the internet, you said that the Lions were a 75% better side in the context of your interjection into the discussion. I'm tipping you only go the head-to-head bets at the TAB.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Numbers are fact. Your brain is misleading you. They have won 75% more games than us this season. They are probably about a 10% better side than us this season.
In saying this then you would have to agree that the 15% calculation gives a better overview of the corresponding fortunes of the Brions /Bulldogs and the Saints.

Whilst your 75% calculation might be technically correct it doesn't give a true insight to the differences between the teams in question - because it doesn't take into account the comparative loss record / games played record.

CM has a point here as this thread is about how well the Brions are doing and by saying that they have won 75% more games than us is misleading with regards to the point of the thread.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Numbers are fact. Your brain is misleading you. They have won 75% more games than us this season. They are probably about a 10% better side than us this season.
In saying this then you would have to agree that the 15% calculation gives a better overview of the corresponding fortunes of the Brions /Bulldogs and the Saints.

Whilst your 75% calculation might be technically correct it doesn't give a true insight to the differences between the teams in question - because it doesn't take into account the comparative loss record / games played record.

CM has a point here as this thread is about how well the Brions are doing and by saying that they have won 75% more games than us is misleading with regards to the point of the thread.

It was a statement of fact though. Any idiot and I mean idiot knows that brisbane and WB are no where near 75% better than us. I doubt Sydney or geelong are even close to that. It was never meant to be more than a statement of fact and even CM didnt initially comment that I was talking about how much better than us those sides were until his figures were proven wrong and he changed the discussion. All you have to do if you could be bothered is read the thread and you will see when the topic changed. How could anyone who is sane think a side with 7 wins out of 20 is 75% better than a side with 4 wins out of 20. And how could anyone who did grade 6 schooling not realise that both sides have won 75% more games than us.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

It was a statement of fact though. Any idiot and I mean idiot knows that brisbane and WB are no where near 75% better than us. I doubt Sydney or geelong are even close to that. It was never meant to be more than a statement of fact and even CM didnt initially comment that I was talking about how much better than us those sides were until his figures were proven wrong and he changed the discussion. All you have to do if you could be bothered is read the thread and you will see when the topic changed. How could anyone who is sane think a side with 7 wins out of 20 is 75% better than a side with 4 wins out of 20. And how could anyone who did grade 6 schooling not realise that both sides have won 75% more games than us.
I blame Ormond East Primary school for making you house captain, clearly you weren't up to it.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

So you agree that the 15% statistical calculation is far more useful and accurate comparative judgment in terms of the thread discussion??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

So you agree that the 15% statistical calculation is far more useful and accurate comparative judgment in terms of the thread discussion??

It certainly is if I was talking about that but i was saying that WB and brisbane had won 75% more games than us after CM suggested they were going only about as well as us. Its quite simple really and CM wasnt even worried about how much better i thought both sides were compared to us until his figures were proven to be completely wrong. Even your statement was wrong initially when you said they had 15% more wins than us. They dont. They have 75% more wins than us. Again my statement is a statement of fact. The 15% I suggested is an opinion. Others could say 2% or 70% but that is an opinion.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Even your statement was wrong initially when you said they had 15% more wins than us.
Yet you conveniently decided not to take into account that my calculations were based around and took into account the number of games played (which was absolutely clear) and not solely based on the number of wins recorded (your basic summation which is misleading regarding the context of the thread - ie: how close the Brions are to the Saints in terms of performance)

Anyway glad that you finally agree that 15% comparison is a more accurate depiction when looking at the whole picture :wink: - good to be on the same page!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Even your statement was wrong initially when you said they had 15% more wins than us.
Yet you conveniently decided not to take into account that my calculations were based around and took into account the number of games played (which was absolutely clear) and not solely based on the number of wins recorded (your basic summation which is misleading regarding the context of the thread - ie: how close the Brions are to the Saints in terms of performance)

Anyway glad that you finally agree that 15% comparison is a more accurate depiction when looking at the whole picture :wink: - good to be on the same page!!

Seriously you are sounding like CM. Your statement was they had 15% more wins than us. It clearly is 75%. Im unsure why you stated that unless it was to prove my factual statement wrong. I saw your workings out and they are 100% correct but you should have stated they have had 15% wins than losses compared to us, not that they have 15% more wins they us. Yep 15% sounds about right but thats only an opinion.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Stop lying P66. Your statement that the lions had won 75% more games was a direct counter argument to the claim that the Saints and Lions were at about the same level. That is a fact. The fact that you keep stating your original statement is a fact is making you look silly. You initially tried to use it to poo-poo my opinion and you should just accept that is what you did, it's what you always do and sometimes you get it wrong. Is that such a bad thing Captain Wilson.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Stop lying P66. Your statement that the lions had won 75% more games was a direct counter argument to the claim that the Saints and Lions were at about the same level. That is a fact. The fact that you keep stating your original statement is a fact is making you look silly. You initially tried to use it to poo-poo my opinion and you should just accept that is what you did, it's what you always do and sometimes you get it wrong. Is that such a bad thing Captain Wilson.

You need to see someone urgently. And thats 100% fact.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Stop lying P66. Your statement that the lions had won 75% more games was a direct counter argument to the claim that the Saints and Lions were at about the same level. That is a fact. The fact that you keep stating your original statement is a fact is making you look silly. You initially tried to use it to poo-poo my opinion and you should just accept that is what you did, it's what you always do and sometimes you get it wrong. Is that such a bad thing Captain Wilson.

You need to see someone urgently. And thats 100% fact.
Finally!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Fingers crossed this demented maths thread can push into another day.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Fingers crossed this demented maths thread can push into another day.
What percentage would you give it happening?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
dragit wrote:Fingers crossed this demented maths thread can push into another day.
Eleventy trillion.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Surprised the mods haven't mopped this mess into the maths forum... The Brent Harvey thread only lasted a few seconds.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Eleventy trillion.
Did you attend Ormond East Primary School by chance?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
dragit wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Eleventy trillion.
I actually taught there.

Maths co-ordinator, 1921 - 1943

Austinnn
Club Player

This place gets more and more bizarre everytime I visit. Really not a good advertisement for our club for any would-be supporters. A bunch of Tweedledees and Tweedledums slapping each other. Look, I've been there too, it's easy to get sucked in to arguing on the internet about petty things, but watching from the outside it just looks so SO pathetic.

I know it's winter in Australia but you're still alive and there is a magnificent world to be seen away from your screen. Please, I beg you to breathe the sweet air around you and embrace your life.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
dragit wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Eleventy trillion.
I actually taught there.

Maths co-ordinator, 1921 - 1943

Thats 75% more time than I went there. I was there from 66 till 72. Did you reach CM maths? Or did you pupils understand you?