Who was the sniper who felled Lenny?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Re: Who was the sniper who felled Lenny?

defacto wrote:i was very disappointed in our players reaction. we needed to send a message that our heart and soul players cannot be targeted. if they do, they will be sent off in a stretcher. kozi should have been sent to hocking to send him off permanently.
Maybe in the 1980's.

To run in and 'fly the flag' would have achieved absolutely nothing other than risk the gifted goal we were given. Just crack in harder I reckon - and when Hocking gets the ball he possibly gets tackled by one or two more saints than usual....

To be honest I was rapt with their reaction after the last two games where we have been very undisciplined. It proves nothing. It means nothing. If anything it may have fired the bombers up and got them back into the game. Instead they would have just been disheartened and frustrated seeing the saints gifted a goal in the goal square.

Ross who?
Club Player

Talk on SEN today that Hocking has a poor record and will have 50% loading. 3-4 was their guess?????

Blake Acres fan club VIP
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't it come under the 'West Rule' (named after Geelong player West) of 'taking out' a player not 'in the action of play'?

Like the one Steven King got 4/6? weeks for a similar action against NM a few years back

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Doesn't it come under the 'West Rule' (named after Geelong player West) of 'taking out' a player not 'in the action of play'?

Like the one Steven King got 4/6? weeks for a similar action against NM a few years back

So which decision was wrong out of those 2?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Doesn't it come under the 'West Rule' (named after Geelong player West) of 'taking out' a player not 'in the action of play'?

Well given that the Tribunal/MRP/AFL felt that it was legal for West to do what he did at that point in time and subsequently then changed the rules afterwards, it would appear that they have set a precedent for this type of infraction.
I now look forward to Hocking receiving 4-6 weeks for his 'hit' on Lenny so that consistancy is upheld.

I look forward to your view when the decision from the Monkeyboy Review Panel doesn't seem to be in line with the King precedent and Saints fans (including myself) rightly voice their objection.
Obviously if the Monkeyboy Review Panel does the 'right thing' and shows consistancy I will laud them for it.

Anybody want to guess what Wellingham will get in the chooklotto results for causing Simpson a fractured jaw? By every right he shouldn't be avaialable to play against us in 4 weeks time, IMO

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well given that the Tribunal/MRP/AFL felt that it was legal for West to do what he did at that point in time and subsequently then changed the rules afterwards, it would appear that they have set a precedent for this type of infraction.
I now look forward to Hocking receiving 4-6 weeks for his 'hit' on Lenny so that consistancy is upheld.

I look forward to your view when the decision from the Monkeyboy Review Panel doesn't seem to be in line with the King precedent and Saints fans (including myself) rightly voice their objection.
Obviously if the Monkeyboy Review Panel does the 'right thing' and shows consistancy I will laud them for it.

Anybody want to guess what Wellingham will get in the chooklotto results for causing Simpson a fractured jaw? By every right he shouldn't be avaialable to play against us in 4 weeks time, IMO

Sorry but i didnt know that King and Hocking's incidents was identical and they also identical tribunal trecords. As for Wellingham I think he will get 5 down to 3. The MRP will delibrately do that so he plays against us. I thought your trip away would fix your neck. It seems it still hasnt helped.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I saw the footy shows on telly this morning, and each one showed the incident,then cut to Tom Simpkin getting his head bandaged. Thinking it was Lenny. I mean, how dumb can you get. It was Simpkin playing with the bandage on, not Lenny.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I saw the footy shows on telly this morning, and each one showed the incident,then cut to Tom Simpkin getting his head bandaged. Thinking it was Lenny. I mean, how dumb can you get. It was Simpkin playing with the bandage on, not Lenny.
Yeah. Nath Brown also said after looking at it that Lenny had to be stiched up. :shock:

borderbarry wrote:I saw the footy shows on telly this morning, and each one showed the incident,then cut to Tom Simpkin getting his head bandaged. Thinking it was Lenny. I mean, how dumb can you get. It was Simpkin playing with the bandage on, not Lenny.
Yes , I had to laugh !
The thing is all these ex players and footy journos have there heads so far up their own arses , basically all they can do is read the autocue . these are written by producers who know nothing about football , they just want the so called money shot ! you know like when brown snapped his leg in half and the footage was shown about 10000 times , each time the compere pointing out " if your squimish , look away now ! "
Bt made the comment at the end of the second Quarter ," good quarter for the saints kicking 4 goals to 1" , none of the other compere's bother to point out that it was actually 5 goals to 2 . but what made me laugh is that 15 minutes later he said the exact same thing ,and once again no one said anything .
All too many have over inflated egos and are full of shite !

In red white and black from 73
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Behind play, dog of an act and typical Essendon. Hope he goes. As for players no reacting, watch the replay.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Actually thought it wasn't all that malicious amd Lenny was just looking away when the contact came and was caught open. Having said that - one of our players would probably get 4 weeks for it. Will go for 1 probably, + loading.

Nee!
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Actually thought it wasn't all that malicious amd Lenny was just looking away when the contact came and was caught open. Having said that - one of our players would probably get 4 weeks for it. Will go for 1 probably, + loading.

Nee!
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Anybody want to guess what Wellingham will get in the chooklotto results for causing Simpson a fractured jaw? By every right he shouldn't be avaialable to play against us in 4 weeks time, IMO
should go for the rest of the season - now that was a "hit"!

Lined up and negligent in the extreme - blueprint of what not to do, Simpson very lucky IMO

Moods
Saintsational Legend

HardSaint wrote:
Mr Magic wrote: Anybody want to guess what Wellingham will get in the chooklotto results for causing Simpson a fractured jaw? By every right he shouldn't be avaialable to play against us in 4 weeks time, IMO
should go for the rest of the season - now that was a "hit"!

Lined up and negligent in the extreme - blueprint of what not to do, Simpson very lucky IMO
How was he lucky? He ended up severely concussed according to Doc Larkins as well as sustaining a broken jaw. If that's lucky I'd hate to see him unlucky

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Actually thought it wasn't all that malicious amd Lenny was just looking away when the contact came and was caught open.
No one believes that, not even Hocking. :wink:

What should save him = but probably won't - is that Lenny wasn't badly hurt. He deserves a week but may get three or four because of his poor record.

mrkiss
Club Player

does anyone have footage of scott throwing len into the fence

or footage of the stuff that went on after plugger won the brownlow ??

thanks in advance