Ameet Bains promoted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ameet Bains promoted

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:I'm with Bunk, race should have sweet FA to do with the appointment. Good on Ameet because he's damned good at what he does- PERIOD!
St Trav already explained why he was happy to see an Indian in the job.

I hope supporting Australia at the World Cup or Adam Scott at the British Open is not seen as racist.
I already knew St trav is from Indian descent. And where did ANYBODY accuse anyone of racism?

I just want the individual whom has been selected get the job on merit, regardless of race.

I dont feel the need to acknowledge every appointment made to someone of Irish descent every time they get appointed to something.

This is not a go at St.Trav BTW, but Indians, like every other ethnic group in Australia makes up the fabric of our great land REGARDLESS of where they are from.

IMHO we dont need to be reminded of skin colour, or race, or religious group or sexuality every time someone does something.

Anyway, in case this gets into some kind of racial slanging match which is definately not my intention, I will just say, that to me Bains skin colour, or ethnicity, or sexuality or religion is not an issue.

his ability to do the job is.
sorry guys didnt want to make an issue of this .. i meant it in a way like when a boy from someones local footy club gets drafted and they are glad to see them apointed ..

don't apologise mate...most of us get your motivation.....good on him....nice guy...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
I dont feel the need to acknowledge every appointment made to someone of Irish descent every time they get appointed to something.
Why not? I was stoked when we drafted Dermott McNicholl, Colm Begley and Tommy Walsh. Even if they only played 3 games between them.
BTW. I didn't think Bunk Moreland was an Irish name. But then again, kosifantutti is not very Irish.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Excerpts Copied from Supersaints post :
While Bains will continue to negotiate player contracts and manage the club’s salary cap as part of the list management committee, he will move away from recruiting to take on the new role.

As part of his new role he will manage the club’s New Zealand strategy, the redevelopment of Moorabbin and the club’s VFL alignment structure.

He will also oversee AFL related matters such as equalisation, compliance, integrity and fixturing, with his position to sit alongside the club’s head of football, head of commercial operations and others on the club’s executive.

“Ameet will retain some of his responsibilities in football, because a lot of those areas are growing in terms of their importance - integrity, compliance, salary cap - and we’ll continue to use his legal skills in contract negotiation,” said Finnis.
It seems that Mr Bains is going to be a very busy boy ! As others have said, his built-up expertise in recruiting will be greatly diminished - at a time when we need all the expertise we can get in this area.

Note the "new Zealand strategy." I think that we may well be on a slippery slope regarding the number of games played there each year. It will have to be managed well. Watch this space.

Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

Yes, I remember Terry Dillon's position was made redundant because St. Kilda's revenue model couldn't sustain it, or something to that effect. Apparently we can now afford it.

Most of these responsibilities make perfect sense, however NZ to me, appears as though it should sit with the CEO. It sounds like too much responsibility has been placed on this new role. A role that 2 months we didn't need??

I wonder what Pelican thinks of Ameet now sitting at the same level.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Don't feel bad Trav, keep on being yourself and express your opinions

mohannair
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:I'm with Bunk, race should have sweet FA to do with the appointment. Good on Ameet because he's damned good at what he does- PERIOD!
St Trav already explained why he was happy to see an Indian in the job.

I hope supporting Australia at the World Cup or Adam Scott at the British Open is not seen as racist.
I already knew St trav is from Indian descent. And where did ANYBODY accuse anyone of racism?

I just want the individual whom has been selected get the job on merit, regardless of race.

This is not a go at St.Trav BTW, but Indians, like every other ethnic group in Australia makes up the fabric of our great land REGARDLESS of where they are from.

IMHO we dont need to be reminded of skin colour, or race, or religious group or sexuality every time someone does something.

Anyway, in case this gets into some kind of racial slanging match which is definately not my intention, I will just say, that to me Bains skin colour, or ethnicity, or sexuality or religion is not an issue.

his ability to do the job is.
Very well said,

I am also of India origin who came to this lovely country and worked hard and have progressed well in my profession. I love my football & am a passionate Saints man.

Hope we climb the ladder in next few years & celebrate premiership glory.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Have no fear, everyone. We won't be losing too much expertise or resources in the recruiting area. Ameet has always focused on the list management, in terms of contracts, salary cap, TPP, etc. From what I'm led to believe his input into the actual recruitment of players has been minimal. All that is best left to the Pelican and the trout. I'm sure Ameet will do his best when called upon. Can we find an animal name for him as well? I was thinking "Cobra".

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Apparently Ameet gets easily bored at airports, and is a bit of a cheeky buggar too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGvWPY1AjcI#t=19

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: