Round 18 Vs Fremantle preview & discussion.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Round 18 Vs Fremantle preview & discussion.

Ballantyne out suspended is a good start.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 18 Vs Fremantle preview & discussion.

I reckon they'll tank against us and only win by 10 goals.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Will we kick any score ?

In red white and black from 73
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:Will we kick any score ?

3 to 5 goals. Freo about 14 I reckon.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Freo surging home strongly.

If we really were struggling for a matchup, it would be against a small forward, so Ballantyne out is handy.

I'd prefer Curren stays in and goes against one of their damaging players than to bring in Jones, wasn't Currens fault he wasn't used in that role until the final quarter.

Surely we've seen the end of Joey playing an accountable role.

I'd just bring in Bruce for Ross.

Send Schneider to the midfield.

Not sure anyone else is crying out to be played at this stage, Spencer to debut vs Freo would be cruel.

1433davids
Club Player

bring in simpkin they said he played forward in the 2s for a bit & looked good but they had to move him down back to stop a forward . So have a look at him this guy was great for us two seasons ago but seems to have lost his way . Anyone know why.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

1433davids wrote:bring in simpkin they said he played forward in the 2s for a bit & looked good but they had to move him down back to stop a forward . So have a look at him this guy was great for us two seasons ago but seems to have lost his way . Anyone know why.
I really like him, his hardness and endeavour.

Hope they find a place for him, he is the kind of guy I reckon would go to another team and we'd regret not identifying a role for him.

PJ
SS Life Member

Not sure what Dunny's role was for us last week but a reckon a 3 tall forward line with the Bruce, Stanley and Roo could prove a handful. In the Bruce out the Dunny.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Despite freo being top 4 and us bottom I feel on crowded Etihad and with Ro$$' uber-defensive approach if the players bust ass we can make it a congested shut down game without a lot of scoring and keep it respectable. Two ok quarters is the maximum we are physically and mentally capable of unfortunately so I can't see any way of winning. Dropping 2 goals a quarter means we would be under 50 points which I'd take.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

1433davids wrote:bring in simpkin they said he played forward in the 2s for a bit & looked good but they had to move him down back to stop a forward . So have a look at him this guy was great for us two seasons ago but seems to have lost his way . Anyone know why.
Where does he play? Has had a go up forward for a couple of weeks and didn't get near it. We can keep trying him there I guess. Down back he's been consistently shown to be a few centimetres short given he's not that quick.

I like him but I think like Dunnel he's not actually AFL standard. At least not in a crappy side like ours. Put either of them at Hawthorn and they'd probably look like world beaters.