Montagna

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Re: Montagna

jamesmc wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Another long serving hard working fabric team player potted.

God. Do some of you actually support the club and players?

Piss weak in my opinion
Weren't you the one who said Billings was the only one in our team who can hit a target?

if so that sounds like you were potting 21 players in one foul swoop.
The correct expression is "fell" swoop, not "foul" swoop..........

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Another long serving hard working fabric team player potted.

Piss weak in my opinion
Weren't you the one who said Billings was the only one in our team who can hit a target?

He works at Steggles.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

:lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:
True Believer wrote:
jamesmc wrote:

Piss weak in my opinion

He works at Steggles.
That would then most likely become a fowl swoop.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Moods wrote:... For whatever reason his form at the saints was woeful leading up to that contract dispute and anyone who believes he was worth 700k a year had rocks in their heads. A football manager from a top club told me at the time that he would only pay him 450k a year because he didn't think he was worth more than that. Perspective required on Goddard.
This!

No way was BJ's post 2010 GF form worth $650K a year, let alone for four, or even three more seasons IMHO. The injectors are stuck with four seasons at $800-850K a year(!) If they'd won a flag all would have been glossed over (a la non-placid Lake at the Dawks)... but they won't, so that deal will soon prove a millstone around the neck of their salary cap.

I would have said $400K, and make that $450K to say thanks for the seasons from when BJ returned from doing is knee up until the end of 2010.

So all up win/win/win.

We win in the longer run, BJ wins, and Effndope loses (= everyone wins :twisted: )

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

But isn't on 800-850 a year Dave

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:But isn't on 800-850 a year Dave
799-849?

Hopefully he got a brand new Kia as well!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

I don't think that figure is too far out K.
Am also pretty sure that he was signed on for more than their (temporary) Brownlow medalist and captain was getting.
Am also pretty sure he's their highest paid player.
IN a frantic start to the AFL's inaugural free agency period, St Kilda star Brendon Goddard has crossed to Essendon on a four-year contract worth well in excess of $3 million.http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/a ... 6486144725

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
799-849?

$690 a year average is what I heard

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
satchmo wrote:
799-849?

$690 a year average is what I heard
Not too shabby. At least he wont have to share a house with the greengrocer.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

"As far as the offer that was put forward to Brendon, it would've put him in the top two highest paid players at our football club", Watters said.[8]

And it is well known that the Bombers are paying him significantly more that the Saints had on offer.

Freo offered $3.4 million over 4 years. So the EFC deal is less than that.

The EFC one man PR machine at the HS had it rising to $725K.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Last week Alan gave him a public lesson in work rate on Marc Murphy, he fell well short.

After the match last week Alan was very angry, talked about guys effort.

This week instead of putting Joey back in his comfortable outside role, he puts him in another accountable role on Boomer.

Fallen well short again.

Am I reading too much, or is Joey potentially up for trade?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Last week Alan gave him a public lesson in work rate on Marc Murphy, he fell well short.

After the match last week Alan was very angry, talked about guys effort.

This week instead of putting Joey back in his comfortable outside role, he puts him in another accountable role on Boomer.

Fallen well short again.

Am I reading too much, or is Joey potentially up for trade?
If you were hoping to trade a player, would you repeatedly play them in a role that shows up their weaknesses?

Play him in the backline on the most dangerous player on the ground?

Doesn't make sense to me.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well, I expect he will for the rest of the year, now the point has been made?

oldie60
Club Player

I get the impression that everyone on the list will be challenged in some shape or form by the end of the year that the coach should be able to work out how players react or don't to his instruction, their resilience and the will to make a difference to the team. You would think that Joey could be following BJ and Dal.I hope not but football has become a business.Its hard and maybe we're all looking too much into it and he could be carrying a niggle.Roll on end of the season.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

oldie60 wrote:I get the impression that everyone on the list will be challenged in some shape or form by the end of the year that the coach should be able to work out how players react or don't to his instruction, their resilience and the will to make a difference to the team. You would think that Joey could be following BJ and Dal.I hope not but football has become a business.Its hard and maybe we're all looking too much into it and he could be carrying a niggle.Roll on end of the season.

not a chance in hell......he signed a three year contract end of last season.......and he has said he isn't going anywhere....his game today was okay

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
jamesmc
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
True Believer wrote:
jamesmc wrote:

Piss weak in my opinion

He works at Steggles.
Are you serious?

With all the english mistakes you throw out on a daily, hourly basis.

Day after day, minute after goddamn minute, with your endless posts...

Are you serious.

jamesmc
Club Player

True Believer wrote:
jamesmc wrote:

Piss weak in my opinion

You idiot. You missed this when you googled.

" That lack of understanding of the words in the phrase is undoubtedly the reason that this is often misspelled, for example, 'at one fail swoop', or even, with more justification as it might be thought to relate to birds, 'one fowl swoop'. It isn't difficult to also find examples of 'one foul swoop'. "

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
oldie60 wrote:I get the impression that everyone on the list will be challenged in some shape or form by the end of the year that the coach should be able to work out how players react or don't to his instruction, their resilience and the will to make a difference to the team. You would think that Joey could be following BJ and Dal.I hope not but football has become a business.Its hard and maybe we're all looking too much into it and he could be carrying a niggle.Roll on end of the season.

not a chance in hell......he signed a three year contract end of last season.......and he has said he isn't going anywhere....his game today was okay
Do you think so?

In 3 quarters on him, Boomer had 2 goals, 2 goal assists, and who knows how many score involvements

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

Dal Santo was under contract until him and the club activated a technical clause in his contract which made him a "free agent". Montagna's problem is that he is really an outside player and when the team is struggling to win the footy and don't have good passing skills he gets starved of the ball and shut down by the oppo. I can't see it getting any easier from him next year.

jamesmc
Club Player

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
True Believer wrote:
jamesmc wrote:

Piss weak in my opinion

He works at Steggles.
That would then most likely become a fowl swoop.
Pissed with you as well given you have taken the moniker of my Great Grandfather.
As im sure you wouldn't be fit to tie his shoe laces.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

jamesmc wrote:
True Believer wrote:
jamesmc wrote:

Piss weak in my opinion

" That lack of understanding of the words in the phrase is undoubtedly the reason that this is often misspelled, for example, 'at one fail swoop', or even, with more justification as it might be thought to relate to birds, 'one fowl swoop'. It isn't difficult to also find examples of 'one foul swoop'. "
Are you calling me an idiot? Well let me tell you that the English language pre-dates Google, which I did not use. And if you were capable of finding this on Google, you would have realised if you had read and comprehended that the examples you quote are listed as incorrect spellings of the phrase. The use of the word "fell" in this context dates back to the 13th century. Try using Google to find out want it means. Idiot......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
jamesmc
Club Player

True Believer wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
True Believer wrote:
jamesmc wrote:

Piss weak in my opinion

Are you calling me an idiot? Well let me tell you that the English language pre-dates Google, which I did not use. And if you were capable of finding this on Google, you would have realised if you had read and comprehended that the examples you quote are listed as incorrect spellings of the phrase. The use of the word "fell" in this context dates back to the 13th century. Try using Google to find out want it means. Idiot......
The fact that you are asking if i called you an idiot or not, after i stated right from the start that you are an idiot, hjas just confirmed to me and all and sundry that you are an idiot.
You are probably not wordly enough to realise that " foul swoop " is spelt , pronounced in a few different ways.
Any way, move on, boring.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
stinger wrote:

Dal Santo was under contract until him and the club activated a technical clause in his contract which made him a "free agent". Montagna's problem is that he is really an outside player and when the team is struggling to win the footy and don't have good passing skills he gets starved of the ball and shut down by the oppo. I can't see it getting any easier from him next year.

not correct....dal wasn't going to be under contract at all come seasons end.... but ....there was a clause in his contract that gave rise to a further year unless dal chose to go....which in the end he did........well...that's what i remember

stinger
Saintsational Legend

jamesmc wrote:
True Believer wrote:
jamesmc wrote:
True Believer wrote:
jamesmc wrote:

Piss weak in my opinion

The fact that you are asking if i called you an idiot or not, after i stated right from the start that you are an idiot, hjas just confirmed to me and all and sundry that you are an idiot.
You are probably not wordly enough to realise that " foul swoop " is spelt , pronounced in a few different ways.
Any way, move on, boring.

whoa there with the "all and sundry mate."......you are just making it worse.... ...........at least have the good grace to admit your mistake and then move on......

ps....i think you mean "worldly" too....but hey....wordly is funny..... :wink: