Time to Play White

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Time to Play White

andrewg wrote:If you watched the sandy game on sat it is obvious white needs a go in the ones. He is dangerous and looks dangerous. He might not be 100% ready but even if he shows a couple of flashes it will give us hope. At the moment TDL and Milera not doing it for me .....play white against Freo....if I have to watch a Bunch of rubbish second rate drones run around for stkilda agin and lose by 15 goals I might just buy a Melb Victory membership next season.....seriously Trent Dennis Lane WTF.....players of his ilk just make me sad.

I dont think its obvious at all. He was just ok and he hasnt done anything yet to deserve a game. Why does one or two games this year help him. Its like when everyone wanted to play Walsh. White may end up a very good player but why the rush. Lets face it we are hoping this guy is something that he isnt yet.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
saintjake wrote:Is Bruce any chance of playing forward?
Saw in the Sandy report that he kicked 2.4 playing forward and took some marks.

If he won't play forward in the seniors, why on earth is he playing there for sandy.
Played junior footy forward and a bit forward for GWS. He's a swingman and could easily be developed as a forward for us if we are that way inclined. Kicking for goal the only issue.
Possibly the best forward to ever play for the club has had that issue his whole career
forgotten about plugger eh mate???

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:If you watched the sandy game on sat it is obvious white needs a go in the ones. He is dangerous and looks dangerous. He might not be 100% ready but even if he shows a couple of flashes it will give us hope. At the moment TDL and Milera not doing it for me .....play white against Freo....if I have to watch a Bunch of rubbish second rate drones run around for stkilda agin and lose by 15 goals I might just buy a Melb Victory membership next season.....seriously Trent Dennis Lane WTF.....players of his ilk just make me sad.

knowthe feeling...sick of being a haven for rejects from other clubs...

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Weak as... dont threaten to leave the Saints as a supporter...DO IT.

Really call yourself a supporter. All a bit too hard now hey? :roll:

You are garbage - Enough said
stinger
Saintsational Legend

posters and supporters have a right to express an opinion....especially when players are given second and third chances and don't have a go.......pisses me off too.....and the coach too evidently.....

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:posters and supporters have a right to express an opinion....especially when players are given second and third chances and don't have a go.......pisses me off too.....and the coach too evidently.....
True. Yesterday was disgraceful, but this threat about not supporting the Saints because of it pisses me offmore.

IMHO someone who comes out with this rubbish is not a true supporter of the mighty Saints.

Get behind them, I say, and don't have tantrums when we are crap. It is the way it is.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
stinger wrote:posters and supporters have a right to express an opinion....especially when players are given second and third chances and don't have a go.......pisses me off too.....and the coach too evidently.....
True. Yesterday was disgraceful, but this threat about not supporting the Saints because of it pisses me offmore.

IMHO someone who comes out with this rubbish is not a true supporter of the mighty Saints.

Get behind them, I say, and don't have tantrums when we are crap. It is the way it is.

i don't like the "i will support a crap game like soccer ".either....but hey that's
just what that idiot joffa from the filth just said also......
Last edited by stinger on Tue 08 Jul 2014 11:20am, edited 1 time in total.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

i don't like the "i will sopport a crap game like soccer ".either....but hey that's
just what that idiot joffa from trhe filth just said also......
what do you mean stinger? that filth joffa corfe is leaving football because???????

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

i don't like the "i will sopport a crap game like soccer ".either....but hey that's

I didnt read the from the filth bit and thought WW3 would start. By the way its a joke.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

I didnt read the from the filth bit and thought WW3 would start. By the way its a joke.
why WW3, does joffa corfe post here and doesnt like being called an idiot?

Dont understand

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

why WW3, does joffa corfe post here and doesnt like being called an idiot?

Dont understand

Bunk you get the Joffa part.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Pick 25 2012 draft

time to play him

next development level afl...........see where he is at

too much of this cotton wool rubbish

saint4life
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

White knight....hopefully

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Pick 25 2012 draft

time to play him

I dont see how its cotton wool. His form hasnt been anywhere near good enough. I cant think of another player who has got a go with lack of form even if it is partly due to injury.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

I want to see Spenc-arrrh 'Buddy' White playing in our beloved tri-panel!

But please... not yet!

Let him build-up his fitness and strength first.

To those who say give him a taste, and what harm could it do... IMHO, valid points... ordinarily,

- But I fear that Spencer's confidence could take a real pummeling as his body is not yet ready to stand-up to AFL-level physicality.

- He can have a taste, and more... next season. But it's not necessary right now.

*** I say 'not necessary right now' because we have several other blokes whom we need to have a look at first, coz we have to decide if they are keepers. We don't need to look at Spencer this year, because he is a keeper. ***

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
chook23
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

time to play him

I dont see how its cotton wool. His form hasnt been anywhere near good enough. I cant think of another player who has got a go with lack of form even if it is partly due to injury.
How about bontempelli as an example................skinny kid..........was not doing that much at vfl level..........

but some people just step up .............maybe spencer is in that category

many many young players(skinny etc) are given an opportunity

You can not think of one?

saint4life
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

time to play him

How about bontempelli as an example................skinny kid..........was not doing that much at vfl level..........

but some people just step up .............maybe spencer is in that category

many many young players(skinny etc) are given an opportunity

You can not think of one?

No idea want Bontempelli was doing at Footscray so i will take your word for it. Did he play in their reserves though. Actually I know he didnt as they dont have one. I seriously cant think of one, certainly lately, who has has his type of form and then played in the seniors. If he comes up i hope he does Ok but it will be very tough on the kid and I havent been able to see any point.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I don't think he is ready.

However I don't think it will hurt.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The time to play Spence will be next year. He has just got into the Sandy firsts for goodness sake. Throw him to the the wolves and you could destroy him forever. He ain't ready yet!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
lewdogs
Club Player

Having just watched his highlights from the VFL, there is so much to like about Spencer. His body size and pace are perfect. I'm glad that he's finally finding a bit of form in the VFL firsts, I think we should keep him there and see how he continues to improve.

Watching him though, it's just so exciting. If he comes on then we may not be as desperate for a Riewoldt replacement as we first thought, and can concentrate on improving the depth and quality of our midfield.

Winmar
Club Player

I recall reports of Tommy Walsh being in pretty good form for a while for Sandringham, and without spending most of the season playing for their reserves. It'd be nice to give White a taste of the big time so he's got the experience to draw on over the off season, but I can't see him having much impact if included at this stage.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

spencer's highlights package from the port game

http://www.essentialkids.com.au/older-k ... 3b3bm.html

Rosco
Club Player

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Give him a few games. He's big enough and looks strong enough so let him have a crack.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't look too skinny to me. Some pretty nice highlights there from just the one game