A positive from the Day

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

A positive from the Day

To the Saints supporter who approached me and my best mate with our two daughters at 1/4 time outside aisle 9 and gave us 4 free Medallion club tix to watch the rest of the game - a massive thank you. My 14yr old daughter was thrilled to watch the game in such luxurious surroundings (padded seats and all)

Despite the terrible result (2nd quarter not withstanding) it gave her something to remember the day.

Another positive from the day is the character she is exhibiting during this tough time. As we were walking out of the ground, me very depressed and sulky, she says to me -'right, when are we going again dad, we have to keep going when they are down like this. They need us!' I almost laughed out aloud. I told her that when we do win a flag, and we will eventually, she will be driving me to the games and days like yesterday will make winning the flag so enjoyable.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: A positive from the Day

Kids amaze witg their resilience. My 9 year old is like that. Yesterday I went with both my daughters and my poor 7 year old had a sudden attack of gastro (gone through the whole family now with me having upset tummy today) and I wanted to leave early. Eldest daughter wanted to stay to the end even though we were being flogged.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

That's nice to hear Moods…

I feel like I am being trolled by most of the threads on here at the moment, calling for every single player to be dropped and de-listed.

We are a bottom side at the moment and no amount of head kicking is going to change it. Hopefully we can all get something positive out of watching the side weekly as it's pretty clear we are up for a few years of beltings.

oldie60
Club Player

The point thats being lost amongst all these threads is that we all know we are a bottom side and yet we continue to want anyone and everyone sacked. I know we are entitled to our views but a decent thread tends to unravel into abusive nonsensical comment. Time to chillax and understand this is not going to get better regardless of the ranting and raving.You barrack for your team win,lose or draw and if people need to get so offensive about it may i suggest you change codes or quit all together. I admire supporters who can draw positives especially when we are at our lowest ebb. Keep supporting.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

oldie60 wrote:The point thats being lost amongst all these threads is that we all know we are a bottom side and yet we continue to want anyone and everyone sacked. I know we are entitled to our views but a decent thread tends to unravel into abusive nonsensical comment. Time to chillax and understand this is not going to get better regardless of the ranting and raving.You barrack for your team win,lose or draw and if people need to get so offensive about it may i suggest you change codes or quit all together. I admire supporters who can draw positives especially when we are at our lowest ebb. Keep supporting.

supporters are entitled to express their opinions on a fan forum...just like you have.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

stinger wrote:
oldie60 wrote:The point thats being lost amongst all these threads is that we all know we are a bottom side and yet we continue to want anyone and everyone sacked. I know we are entitled to our views but a decent thread tends to unravel into abusive nonsensical comment. Time to chillax and understand this is not going to get better regardless of the ranting and raving.You barrack for your team win,lose or draw and if people need to get so offensive about it may i suggest you change codes or quit all together. I admire supporters who can draw positives especially when we are at our lowest ebb. Keep supporting.

supporters are entitled to express their opinions on a fan forum...just like you have.....
Sometimes I think supporters need to be reminded of the definition of support.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:

+1. Post of the year Grumpy!!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:

+1. Post of the year Grumpy!!

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Stop taking her now, before its too late, trust me. I was dragged along as soon as I could stand and was brought up on getting thrashed and ridiculed each week, this instilled a deep passion wanting revenge and longed for that day in the sun. It never came, and 30 years on we are further away from that day in the sun than ever before.

Let her free of this burden, free of growing up with painful memories and what ifs.....

Bringing a child into the world of the stkfc is a form of child abuse

8-)

Bring back the Lockett era
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Stop taking her now, before its too late, trust me. I was dragged along as soon as I could stand and was brought up on getting thrashed and ridiculed each week, this instilled a deep passion wanting revenge and longed for that day in the sun. It never came, and 30 years on we are further away from that day in the sun than ever before.

Let her free of this burden, free of growing up with painful memories and what ifs.....

Bringing a child into the world of the stkfc is a form of child abuse

8-)
It's definitely child abuse.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

To those who aren't aware, being a supporter does not mean being a jockstrap.

It means supporting your team, win, lose or draw, and finding what positives there are.

Finding positives dos not mean you accept mediocrity. The reality is that we have the most inexperienced list in the league. That is masked to an extent by the presence of a half a dozen vets with over 200 games (is some cases close to 300). The raw fact is we will see glimpses of brilliance, some real floggings, and consistent inconsistency until these young blokes have at least two or three more preseasons and 50 to 80 games up.

In the meantime perhaps you could show some support for the young boys we have that are showing some genuine grit and balls in going and to face men week in and week out !!

The likes of Billings, Dunstan, Templeton, Newnes, Wright and Webster deserve nothing but praise for getting out there every week to face a pounding and being heavily outgunned.

A few of our so called supporters could learn a thing or two about ticker from these young boys....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Nice sentiment.

Regardless of my argy on here, my 7 year old tells everyone "wait until our kids learn how to play good"

As Whitney once said "I believe....the children are our future" ;)

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

True Believer wrote:To those who aren't aware, being a supporter does not mean being a jockstrap.

It means supporting your team, win, lose or draw, and finding what positives there are.

Finding positives dos not mean you accept mediocrity. The reality is that we have the most inexperienced list in the league. That is masked to an extent by the presence of a half a dozen vets with over 200 games (is some cases close to 300). The raw fact is we will see glimpses of brilliance, some real floggings, and consistent inconsistency until these young blokes have at least two or three more preseasons and 50 to 80 games up.

In the meantime perhaps you could show some support for the young boys we have that are showing some genuine grit and balls in going and to face men week in and week out !!

The likes of Billings, Dunstan, Templeton, Newnes, Wright and Webster deserve nothing but praise for getting out there every week to face a pounding and being heavily outgunned.

A few of our so called supporters could learn a thing or two about ticker from these young boys....
+1

yes supporters are entitled to their opinion on a fan forum, just as others are entitled to remind them what being a supporter actually means.

The above quote does that.

Instead of threatening to not support the Saints and support soccer (considering the A league is in summer and the AFL is in winter, it was a pretty dumb threat), like some have done, how about sucking it up and actually supporting the club when it needs it.

Easy and safe to support the club when it is winning 19 straight and playing finals series year in year out.

Need to grow a pair when we are rock bottom.

Does anyone here think I enjoyed sitting in Aisle 14 yesterday watching what we dished up for 3 and a half quarters? I felt acute pain, even moreso than the Hawthorn game. Isat there until the final siren, very gloomy and extremely disappointed.

But that is when my support is needed, I dont accept that performance as I know that the players can do much better as shown in a 15 minute spell in qtr 2.

But I will not turn on the players or the club. This is my club, and I will continue to feel the pain of massive losses for the rest of this year and probably most of next.

i will turn up and shout support, like yesterday even when we are 10 goals down. I will wear the colours of my team even if we are rock bottom next year.

instead of moaning and "being angry" as one supposed supporter has posted on here after yesterday, how about getting behind the kids and the warriors like Riewoldt that has stuck by our club and has been a champion.

Stick by Billings, and Dunstan, and Eli, and Webster, and Newness, and Steven and Armo. Stick by Bruce, and Stanley and Minchinton.

Stick with the lads and the club and attempt to lift them with our support, not our arking up and whining. That helps nobody.

You are garbage - Enough said