thanks for your services

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

thanks for your services

tdl and dunnell......you can see out the year at sandy...imho :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saint wagga
Club Player

Re: thanks for your services

Yep agree! I could never understand the TDL signing and was almost death riding his game today. I'm genuinely sad the dunell has not come on. I was excited by his debut vs sydney in 2012 and thought he could be a rookie draft gem, but it looks he won't be the first or last not to make it.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

stinger wrote:tdl and dunnell......you can see out the year at sandy...imho :evil:
forgot Dunny was even playing until i saw him in a camera shot. fraaking sad as i thought he was and had a bit when he first got an AFL game.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Although I was very dubious of trading in TDL from the beginning, I really feel for him.

On the edge of a premiership 2 years ago and now can't get a game in the bottom side.

Would have been unbelievable pressure on him yesterday as he's know better than anyone that his career was riding on that game if not over already. He has silky skills and would kick those goals most of the time… but he seems to be succumbing to career ending pressure.

Dunell was a long shot, again he can seriously play obviously, just doesn't seem big enough to play his marking role at AFL level. I don't quite understand why we elevated him when we did to be honest.

I take no joy in seeing anyone's dream end, good luck in the future fella's if this is it.

oldie60
Club Player

I think TDL and most of our list ( Maister,Dunnell,Milera,Lee and others) prove that they are not quite there but in a good side they could play a role without being the standout. Like Jack Dyer use to say " A Good Ordinary Footballer ", problem with us we have too many of these with no class around them. Maybe they would have held their own during the clubs successful period.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

oldie60 wrote:I think TDL and most of our list ( Maister,Dunnell,Milera,Lee and others) prove that they are not quite there but in a good side they could play a role without being the standout. Like Jack Dyer use to say " A Good Ordinary Footballer ", problem with us we have too many of these with no class around them. Maybe they would have held their own during the clubs successful period.
sorry oldie......the 5 or 6 that you mention don't come within a bull's roar of old jack's good ordinary footballer definition.........that definition is meant for guys like armo or schneids........those that you mention are very very ordinary footballers....good vfl players but not up to standard as afl players...in my opinion of course......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.