Tom Lee shoulder surgery

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Tom Lee shoulder surgery

Excuse me if this has been discussed already but Lee having shoulder surgery (again) and out for the season.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Tom Lee shoulder surgery

Looks like he'll permanently have tape on his dodgy shoulders.

Not a good sign. Really think it's the nail on his career.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
luc1966
Club Player

I don't think they would send him for surgery if he was gone they want him right for one last crack

supersaints
Club Player

Hope he makes a recovery and has a good preseason, Its getting a bit dodgy for him, but another door opens. Bruce will probably get a go, and White should be a chance for qt least a taste.

The amount of injuries we gave had this year has been about the worst I can remember, luckily some of the long term ones showed enough to go on next year.

Lee sadly hasn't really had the chance to be fit enough , must be painful for him both physically and mentally

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

luc1966 wrote:I don't think they would send him for surgery if he was gone they want him right for one last crack
Agreed. Unless it was on Fremantle's request that he be right to go for day one next preseason. (Jokes)

So now Sippo, Maister and Lee have dodgy shoulders - must be something to do with the surface at Seaford which seems to get blames for everything else

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
luc1966 wrote:I don't think they would send him for surgery if he was gone they want him right for one last crack
Agreed. Unless it was on Fremantle's request that he be right to go for day one next preseason. (Jokes)

So now Sippo, Maister and Lee have dodgy shoulders - must be something to do with the surface at Seaford which seems to get blames for everything else
At least if you pass a ball 5 metres above someone's head out doesn't matter if you can't reach up high.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:
St Ick wrote:

At least if you pass a ball 5 metres above someone's head out doesn't matter if you can't reach up high.
Ah, Tommy Lee is a genius. He saw today's game and he is getting arm extensions at the shoulder, don't know if he can go to 5m but you heard it here first

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Delist

You are garbage - Enough said
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

+1
Last chance saloon for him in 2015.
Needs successful surgery and a BIG pre-season or thats it for him.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Total rebuild means a total clean out. I'd rather have all our rookies upgraded and some of the older guys given the flick ie Jones, TDL, Maister , Gwilt etc

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Looks like he'll permanently have tape on his dodgy shoulders.

see how he pulls up after surgery and a full preseason... not giving up on him just yet.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Watts the Buzz
Club Player

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Looks like he'll permanently have tape on his dodgy shoulders.

see how he pulls up after surgery and a full preseason... not giving up on him just yet.
+1

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
+1

That's crap he will be given plenty of chances if he can get the shoulders right. Guns ton isn't much bigger in the arms so that will be what we are expecting him to become. If anything the shoulder buys time for him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
+1

That's crap he will be given plenty of chances if he can get the shoulders right. Guns ton isn't much bigger in the arms so that will be what we are expecting him to become. If anything the shoulder buys time for him.

Yep one year. Do you honestly think he should get a 2 year conttract on what we have seen so far. Forget the excuses and go by what we have seen. One year contract and if he does well then he gets more. lets face it no one else will be wanting him so why reward with 2 years.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
+1

Gunston is a year younger and already has 70 career goals to his name and counting so good luck with that comparison.
At some stage hope and fantasy need to give way to to reality.

wally
Club Player

Is there any sort of "duty of care"for the club as regards repairing an injured player regardless of his playing future?
Would it be feasible to delist him and rookie him?
I'm sure we'll have long term injuries next year.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
gringo wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
+1

Gunston is a year younger and already has 70 career goals to his name and counting so good luck with that comparison.
At some stage hope and fantasy need to give way to to reality.
Jesus Con, Gunstan has played 70 games for 141 goals if you are going to spew up an irrelevant stat…
Gringo is suggesting his body shape is similar and that we would be hoping he becomes a similar type of player… not that he is as good or will ever be as good.

saintkid
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
+1

Yep one year. Do you honestly think he should get a 2 year conttract on what we have seen so far. Forget the excuses and go by what we have seen. One year contract and if he does well then he gets more. lets face it no one else will be wanting him so why reward with 2 years.

Not only this but to have so many issues with his shoulder and range of movement already doesn't go well for a problem free future no matter how much rehab he does after further surgery. His shoulder joint is and will always be compromised and in his case, it's not as if he is a proven talent for the club to have some degree of confidence in his playing career going forward. Tom Lee was a poor trade and from what I've seen from his skills and speed, is not the type of forward line player that will take the club to its next premiership challenge.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

On the chopping block surely.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
gringo
Saintsational Legend

He hasn't set the world on fire yet but he was very serviceable last year and has struggled with injury. Jude and selwood didn't get recruited higher because their shoulders were dodgy. Plugger where did I say give him a 2 year contract I ist said he's not getting fired after this season ends. He might also be the same age as gunston but didn't get to stay in a professional fitness and development environment. Shane savage was gone last week now we need a new one.

lewdogs
Club Player

Definitely a season to forget for poor old Tom. Hope he can get the body right for next year.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:He hasn't set the world on fire yet but he was very serviceable last year and has struggled with injury. Jude and selwood didn't get recruited higher because their shoulders were dodgy. Plugger where did I say give him a 2 year contract I ist said he's not getting fired after this season ends. He might also be the same age as gunston but didn't get to stay in a professional fitness and development environment. Shane savage was gone last week now we need a new one.

Im sorry but when Con said 2015 was his last chance you said that was crap. Sounds like more than one year if thats the case. Alright I will ask you now. Should Lee get a one or two year contract at the end of this season. We have Simpkin and Siposs tied up until the end of next year. What was the point of that?

saintkid
Club Player

gringo wrote:He hasn't set the world on fire yet but he was very serviceable last year and has struggled with injury. Jude and selwood didn't get recruited higher because their shoulders were dodgy. Plugger where did I say give him a 2 year contract I ist said he's not getting fired after this season ends. He might also be the same age as gunston but didn't get to stay in a professional fitness and development environment. Shane savage was gone last week now we need a new one.

True about Jude Bolton and Joel Selwood but they were 17yo at the time, still growing and developing physically and neither had major structural issues with their shoulders. Lee on the other hand is already 23yo will turn 24 early next year and his shoulder problems are major and keep persisting. He is at an age now where his body should be peaking.

The old man was saying that Jason Heatley on one leg had more strings to his bow than what he's seen from Tom Lee.
Last edited by saintkid on Tue 08 Jul 2014 9:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Tom Lee looks slow and weak in the body - much like Tom Lynch did .....One more chance just based on that I guess.

Tom Lynch looked the worst footballer I had ever seen, and am constantly staggered when I have seen him play good footy for the Crows. He was slow, weak and had no depth in his kicking. He turned it around. We've invested a bit in Lee, may as well see it through. Definitely only one more year though.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:

True about Jude Bolton and Joel Selwood but they were 17yo at the time, still growing and developing physically and neither had major structural issues with their shoulders. Lee on the other hand is already 23yo will turn 24 early next year and his shoulder problems are major and keep persisting. He is at an age now where his body should be peaking.

The old man was saying that Jason Heatley on one leg had more strings to his bow than what he's seen from Tom Lee.
I actually meant Judd but the autocorrect got me. Yearly was a gun and really underrated from having such a short career. Lee might not be as good but he played about 10 senior games and has missed large amounts of vfl including preseason twice and people are ready to write him off as a dud. It's not really fair to catorgorically write someone off like that. I think savage should be a lesson to people on here looking for scape goats.