umpire Mics

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

umpire Mics

I tend to listen to the game now with this in one ear
Some interesting comments heard;

Todays snippett comes from someone listening to Hawthorn vs Suns

" (quote) "Oh Gaz. That's right, f##king Gaz. We've always gotta look out for F##king Gaz!"

The words of Luke Hodge heard through the umpires mic after giving away a free kick to Sir Garry Ablett ( end quote)

Today at Saints game you heard a 'discussion' between Nick and the umpire

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Re: umpire Mics

saintbrat wrote:...Today at Saints game you heard a 'discussion' between Nick and the umpire
"Excuse me, Mr umpire, I think my opponent just hit me in the back of my head whilst I was going for the mark."

"Yes, but you didn't mark it."

"Oh, OK then, righteo. Sorry to have wasted your time."

Petrica04

nice post.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn't have heard it during the game, only heard it because Channel 7 like to sensationalise (not Saintsationalise) whatever they can!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:I tend to listen to the game now with this in one ear
Some interesting comments heard;

Todays snippett comes from someone listening to Hawthorn vs Suns

" (quote) "Oh Gaz. That's right, f##king Gaz. We've always gotta look out for F##king Gaz!"

The words of Luke Hodge heard through the umpires mic after giving away a free kick to Sir Garry Ablett ( end quote)

Today at Saints game you heard a 'discussion' between Nick and the umpire

How do you do this?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Sports ears radio

I have the first- which means tv commentary /ump/ FM and split if you wish ump/tv in each ear.
http://www.sportsears.com.au/shop/index ... ex&cPath=1

this version has Ump or AM or FM

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Well that would be fun listening to the bloody umpires all day. I on a lighter note I scratched my eyes out.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Even the Sunday Herald Sun game review made mention of the 50-50 decisions that went against the Saints.

So that's saying something considering the word St Kilda didn't make the page of the St Kilda vs Collingwood game review.

Come on St Kilda Football Club, time to write to the AFL on the Riewoldt Exemption Rule that seems to be invoked every time he goes near the ball.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:Even the Sunday Herald Sun game review made mention of the 50-50 decisions that went against the Saints.

So that's saying something considering the word St Kilda didn't make the page of the St Kilda vs Collingwood game review.

Come on St Kilda Football Club, time to write to the AFL on the Riewoldt Exemption Rule that seems to be invoked every time he goes near the ball.

You do realise he averages the most frees per game than any of the other forwards in the AFL that have been arounf for a few years. I reckon every fan forum has the same opinion of you about their FF. By the way he is also averages the least frees against so I think he does ok. He seemed to do better when we were winning.

Liam_G
Club Player

plugger66 wrote: You do realise he averages the most frees per game than any of the other forwards in the AFL that have been arounf for a few years. I reckon every fan forum has the same opinion of you about their FF. By the way he is also averages the least frees against so I think he does ok. He seemed to do better when we were winning.
Do you always throw baseless comments out there in the hope nobody actually knows the real answer? Nick Riewoldt does not, I repeat DOES NOT, average "the most frees per game than any of the other forwards in the AFL that have been arounf (sic) for a few years", nor does he average "the least frees against".

For those that actually do want to know, over the last five seasons (60-80+ games), N.Riewoldt averages 1.8 free kicks per game. A large number of Key and General forwards average more (23 players), including L.Franklin (2.4 per game) and D.Petrie (2.3 per game).

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Liam_G wrote:
plugger66 wrote: You do realise he averages the most frees per game than any of the other forwards in the AFL that have been arounf for a few years. I reckon every fan forum has the same opinion of you about their FF. By the way he is also averages the least frees against so I think he does ok. He seemed to do better when we were winning.
Do you always throw baseless comments out there in the hope nobody actually knows the real answer? Nick Riewoldt does not, I repeat DOES NOT, average "the most frees per game than any of the other forwards in the AFL that have been arounf (sic) for a few years", nor does he average "the least frees against".

For those that actually do want to know, over the last five seasons (60-80+ games), N.Riewoldt averages 1.8 free kicks per game. A large number of Key and General forwards average more (23 players), including L.Franklin (2.4 per game) and D.Petrie (2.3 per game).

I reckon if you are going to come on here and say i am wrong then you need to be right. Im not going to bother checking if you are right over the last 5 season but over a career Rooy has those 2 covered and by a fair margin. They both average around 1.2 frees per game. Now happy for you to prove my statement wrong. I did leave out the word key so I am basing it on key forwards as he obviousyy(sic) is. its obviously a spelling competition as welll.(sic) So over to you again.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Liam_G wrote:...For those that actually do want to know, over the last five seasons (60-80+ games), N.Riewoldt averages 1.8 free kicks per game. A large number of Key and General forwards average more (23 players), including L.Franklin (2.4 per game) and D.Petrie (2.3 per game).
Never let facts destroy a contrarian's folly.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
Liam_G wrote:...For those that actually do want to know, over the last five seasons (60-80+ games), N.Riewoldt averages 1.8 free kicks per game. A large number of Key and General forwards average more (23 players), including L.Franklin (2.4 per game) and D.Petrie (2.3 per game).
Never let facts destroy a contrarian's folly.

Even if they are wrong.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Surely you realise the umps are doing the best job possible.
Plugger is right, Reiwoldt gets the most free kicks of any forward.
He knows a lot of umpires, he is godfather to more umpires' children than any Saints supporter on here. :twisted:
He also drives umpires to a lot of games (the ones who can't legally drive due to poor vision)
so listen to him :shock:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Surely you realise the umps are doing the best job possible.
Plugger is right, Reiwoldt gets the most free kicks of any forward.
He knows a lot of umpires, he is godfather to more umpires' children than any Saints supporter on here. :twisted:
He also drives umpires to a lot of games (the ones who can't legally drive due to poor vision)

You sound like a kid who lost his favourite toy. Its good to see people who dont have the ability at all to discuss things and then just come out with childish comments. This is perfect example of that.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

plugger66 wrote:
Plugger is right...

You sound like a kid who lost his favourite toy. Its good to see people who dont have the ability at all to discuss things and then just come out with childish comments. This is perfect example of that.
Pot calling the kettle black
"I thought u had me on ignore"
snort, guffaw, cough, cough

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Plugger is right...

Pot calling the kettle black
"I thought u had me on ignore"
snort, guffaw, cough, cough

Sorry i dont get your reply. I actually dont remember to many chilsh replies to you. maybe you dont understand what pot kettle black means. Im unsure me suggesting to you that I thought I was on ignore is chilsh. Its fact so I dont see anything childish about it at all.