Kosi co-hosting SEN Off the Bench

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Kosi co-hosting SEN Off the Bench

Bernard Shakey wrote:I really can't believe Kosi is still being talked about here, his time was over ten years ago.
:roll:
Last edited by LTN16 on Sun 29 Jun 2014 11:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

ace
Saintsational Legend

ark wrote:Yes. Not happy with the "Kermit suit" (ie green vest) in his last game, and hear later that Watters may have required some persuading to play him at all.
Kosi was not my favourite player but he will be remembered as a loyal St Kilda FC player.
I will not remember Watt ers name.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Darth Vader
Club Player

Would love to know how Kosi got on with Hutchy given history.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Well done Kosi for shoving it up the dwarf.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Now waiting on Dermie to fire back a volley of cheap shots at the club in his little mate's defense.

Whilst I appreciate his frustration, I'm not sure if it was a great idea for Kosi to be disclosing this sort of information. When people's integrity and professionalism are at stake, it's generally best to just let sleeping dogs lie.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
spert
Saintsational Legend

Kosi was a top Saints man, but listening to what he had to say, pretty much proves to me again that the tail wagged the dog in Watter's time, and sooky senior players didn't get behind him, nor gave a good example to younger players.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Kosi was a top Saints man, but listening to what he had to say, pretty much proves to me again that the tail wagged the dog in Watter's time, and sooky senior players didn't get behind him, nor gave a good example to younger players.

I dont think what Kosi says proves any of that. Strange that you seem to want to stick up for SW when all the evidence proves he was just about a nutter. Wish you felt for AR just as much.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Watters was shafted P66, pure and simple- the Saints could never handle a loose-cannon coach. They have their corporate yes-man now, so prepare for mediocrity for a long time.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Watters was shafted P66, pure and simple- the Saints could never handle a loose-cannon coach. They have their corporate yes-man now, so prepare for mediocrity for a long time.
This makes absolutely no sense.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

spert wrote:Watters was shafted P66, pure and simple- the Saints could never handle a loose-cannon coach. They have their corporate yes-man now, so prepare for mediocrity for a long time.
Yeah they shafted him, sneakily they did it by giving him half a mill to sit at home.....wish someone would shaft me like that.

Given that by the end most people on here could accurately predict the "last minute" line up changes that happened every week I can't see how you can defend him!! I stuck up for him for playing the kids, but then, what was the option? Other than that, if you cannot harness the support of the playing list then you cannot coach senior footy. Even if the players were playing well to prove the coach wrong that would be something. But they weren't, they were symbolically hiring dwarves for player events - kind of tells you where things stood hey......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Sainternist wrote:
AR might be a "Robot" (?) but he rings the changes more than a lot of former Saints coaches.
And, he is a team player and seems to be on the same page as the rest of the club.
Need cohesion and consistency in every way.

Watters went because he ruined the dynamic. If you can't work with someone, they gotta go.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
AR might be a "Robot" (?) but he rings the changes more than a lot of former Saints coaches.
And, he is a team player and seems to be on the same page as the rest of the club.
Need cohesion and consistency in every way.

Watters went because he ruined the dynamic. If you can't work with someone, they gotta go.
Agree with you 100% on that.

I don't understand how anyone could possibly predict Richo to be a terrible coach and take the club backwards. They must be reading tea leaves. He has inherited the worst list in the comp and has coached them just over half a season. He isn't out of line with the regime and isn't proposing some revolutionary standard, so he must be a "corporate yes-man" or something...

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

and around we go again...
To me Koschitzkes' comment smacked of the sour grapes of a "disrespected senior player"
He got his farewell game - the players feed him the ball all day and he hobbled his way to four behinds - party hats, poppers & cake all rouund!!!
RL would never have contemplated the same & NEVER showed the same respect to one our even more decorated players in Max Hudghton

Seeya
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

oh and this talk of Watters upsetting some kind of dynamic at the club is just a a retrospective smokescreen
RL upset some kind of dynamic with the "powers that be" at the club
Us mug punters are still divided as to which party was right to this very day

Seeya
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:and around we go again...
To me Koschitzkes' comment smacked of the sour grapes of a "disrespected senior player"
He got his farewell game - the players feed him the ball all day and he hobbled his way to four behinds - party hats, poppers & cake all rouund!!!
RL would never have contemplated the same & NEVER showed the same respect to one our even more decorated players in Max Hudghton
Pretty silly comment really. Either would have Watters with Kosi if there was a final at stake. Kosi was asked how he felt and answered honestly. Should be more of it.

sunsaint wrote:RL would never have contemplated the same & NEVER showed the same respect to one our even more decorated players in Max Hudghton
Good point. Perhaps Kosi needed to be reminded of players like Max who were deprived of not getting a great send off before blurting this stuff out to the press.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
sunsaint wrote:RL would never have contemplated the same & NEVER showed the same respect to one our even more decorated players in Max Hudghton
Good point. Perhaps Kosi needed to be reminded of players like Max who were deprived of not getting a great send off before blurting this stuff out to the press.
Kosi got the kermit in an exhibition match. Given Freo tanked it, if Watters had a clue he would've let Kosi start.

Watters was clearly a vindictive bastard who couldn't give a shyte about a 200 game warrior.

Just because Kosi wasn't match fit shouldn't have been enough of a reason for sooky Watters to offend a club champion in a nothing game.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I tend to agree with the sentiments of "letting sleeping dogs lie", but there again, both Kosi and Watters are no longer at the club so the guy has a right to his opinion. It's possible however, that we could do without more hassle regarding this "issue" as I'm SURE Mr Watters WILL at some time in the future give the other side of the story. I found the whole saga to be very sad and I'm concerned that the club will take quite a while to get over the period of 2011 - 2013. BUT we are on the right track (IMHO)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:and around we go again...
Fair point re Max

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I'm a big Kosi fan, but no idea why he went there today.

Let's remain the dignified party.

We all called he'd be super sub on here for weeks, given he was one leg, personally I never dreamed he'd get a full game.

No point pretending to be against the move now.
Nailed it SainterK. I'm always a Kosi fan but this is just churlish from him.

As a spectator, it couldn't have been any better of a send off. The cheers when he came on and every time he touched the ball were amazing. Only the idiot in the video review booth didn't come to the party when he overruled the goal.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Without knowing what happened it seems the media didn't criticise the sacking which was odd for st Kilda, most agreed with it.

Sounds like it was required for a number of reasons. Not just the players.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Well done Kosi for shoving it up the dwarf.
+1

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

What club in the AFL would want a loose cannon coach as you described him? I reckon none. He lost just about all the players, young and old, and was employing people behind the boards back. And I dont think he could really coach anyway. Love you to tell us his strengths.

Legendary
Club Player

You seem to be of the belief that success requires a loose cannon coach?

I will repeat a post that I made in another thread a few weeks ago:
http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 7#p1472097
Legendary wrote:Mate it wasn't about Watters stepping on people's toes.

It was about two assistants, two key fitness staff and half our playing group holding a meeting at half time in a match last year, where the consensus was that they should all drive home and forfeit the game because of how bad he was.

Surely 15 odd blokes plus two assistants who have played under and worked with over 12 coaches, fitness staff who have worked with a number of coaches and players who have played under 3-4+ senior coaches have a clue about whether a senior coach is decent or not?

Were they all wrong?

This wasn't about SW stepping on their toes. It was about an abysmal lack of communication skills, not understanding the very basics of football, bizarre and unexplained decision-making, contemptible treatment of staff who deserved respect and an unwillingness to listen to anyone.

These are not stories from players who didn't like SW. They are stories from senior management at the club who had a vested interest in SW succeeding, but were forced to accept the reality of the situation.

Whatever you think of Richardson - please stop pretending that SW should not have been sacked.

If he had stayed at the club, we would have had to replace every assistant coach, our VFL/head of development, nearly every member of the fitness department and 4-5 players would have publicly asked for a trade (in the same way they did at Brisbane). These numbers are not exaggerated.

You cannot continue to employ someone when they have that sort of effect on an organisation.

Or are you suggesting that we should have allowed that to continue?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:
You seem to be of the belief that success requires a loose cannon coach?

I will repeat a post that I made in another thread a few weeks ago:
http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 7#p1472097
Legendary wrote:Mate it wasn't about Watters stepping on people's toes.

It was about two assistants, two key fitness staff and half our playing group holding a meeting at half time in a match last year, where the consensus was that they should all drive home and forfeit the game because of how bad he was.

Surely 15 odd blokes plus two assistants who have played under and worked with over 12 coaches, fitness staff who have worked with a number of coaches and players who have played under 3-4+ senior coaches have a clue about whether a senior coach is decent or not?

Were they all wrong?

This wasn't about SW stepping on their toes. It was about an abysmal lack of communication skills, not understanding the very basics of football, bizarre and unexplained decision-making, contemptible treatment of staff who deserved respect and an unwillingness to listen to anyone.

These are not stories from players who didn't like SW. They are stories from senior management at the club who had a vested interest in SW succeeding, but were forced to accept the reality of the situation.

Whatever you think of Richardson - please stop pretending that SW should not have been sacked.

If he had stayed at the club, we would have had to replace every assistant coach, our VFL/head of development, nearly every member of the fitness department and 4-5 players would have publicly asked for a trade (in the same way they did at Brisbane). These numbers are not exaggerated.

You cannot continue to employ someone when they have that sort of effect on an organisation.

Or are you suggesting that we should have allowed that to continue?

Thanks for sharing legendary. Was this the Brisbane game?

Why were the fitness staff out offside? We're we playing players not fit? Saad?