Saints v Tigers Match thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints v Tigers Match thread

Kick-it-lace-out wrote:Clinton Jones has lost the ability to tag, therefore he should NEVER, EVER be given another game. What an absolute waste of space. It is embarrassing that he is on an AFL list. Even more embarrassing that he is on ours.
The only thing embarrassing is your post. Get off his back. :roll:

Saintsational Legend

Marks inside 50 13 to 22.

We won the tackle count and we try hard but delivery in our fwd half is not good enough.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Kick-it-lace-out wrote:Clinton Jones has lost the ability to tag, therefore he should NEVER, EVER be given another game. What an absolute waste of space. It is embarrassing that he is on an AFL list. Even more embarrassing that he is on ours.

Saintsational Legend

SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:Marks inside 50 13 to 22.

We won the tackle count and we try hard but delivery in our fwd half is not good enough.
Winning todays tackle count meant we were happy for Richmond to get first hands on the ball. Yeah we worked hard to get it back but just played into the opposition hands. We are a very poorly coached side at the moment....
Last edited by WinnersOnly on Sat 28 Jun 2014 6:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
spert
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:If I hear that was an acceptable game I will spew!

Positives first:
Longer best game for the club.
Savage likewise.
Michington has a future.
Webster is a real goer I hope his foot is ok!
Delaney AFL recruit of the year in my books but wont get recognised externally.
Gwilt much better than last week.

Negatives:
We have far too many midfielders who are slow and killed on the spread and today they were smashed in contested possesion also.

We play a dumb poorly skilled game which teams just surround Reiwoldt wait for the turnover and then take off at speed. It has been happening all year why cant our coaching staff correct it? Too many players not capable or prepared to work hard enough even against a vey ordinary side in Richmond.

This worst prepared, recourced and coached Saints side I have seen since the 80!
Agree with you... and I was there in the '80s watching some pretty bad Saints teams. When I see three or four opposition players around packs handling the ball without our guys touching it, as is happening all too regularly, then there is a real motivation and tactical issue. Our midfield is terrible, plays from behind...too slow, and don't seem to play to any structure. Armo is slow and VFL standard, Ross is slow and country footy standard, Dunstan needs a spell in the VFL as does Newnes who played a shocker I thought..gave his man way too much room in the forward line, tackled poorly. Simpkin is not up to it any more. Steven and Montagna were poor considering their abilities, and I wonder if Montagna is thinking about where he will be next season, because he wasn't switched on today. Roo played like his mind was elsewhere and he has written the season off already.

Good signs from Minchington, Savage, Shenton, Longer and Milera and Webster. Maybe Weller will be a gradual improver. Don't know what to make of Stanley- just disappears for chunks of the game.

jamesmc
Club Player

spert wrote:Poorly coached rabble. Not switched again at the start of a match, terrible skills, undisciplined, midfield structures non existent. No excuses for this lot.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
dragit wrote:
It's not personal, I'd just prefer we get experience into Saunders or Curren… who may not make it, but we won't find out till they hit 50 - 80 games.
no problems with that - perhaps we should start looking at dropping Montagna?
If he continued his last few weeks form maybe, today I thought he was pretty good though, probably our best mid?

Maybe we could try him as more of a defensive mid role like watters did the past couple of years, a negating player that has very good skills when he gets the ball?

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Just got back. We were okay and like last week tried hard but our lack of footskills in the middle meant we were chasing most of the day and the kids ran out of legs.
Highlights for mine

Longer beat Maric
Delaney more than held his own
Stanley battled hard
We were committed and tackled hard

Lowlights

The umpiring
Coming home and finding pages on a supposed fansite filled with unreasoning abuse of our players

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Hemi Baxter wrote:Just got back. We were okay and like last week tried hard but our lack of footskills in the middle meant we were chasing most of the day and the kids ran out of legs.
Highlights for mine

Longer beat Maric
Delaney more than held his own
Stanley battled hard
We were committed and tackled hard

Lowlights

The umpiring
Coming home and finding pages on a supposed fansite filled with unreasoning abuse of our players
Unfortunately Hemi, we are not immune from knuckleheads. All clubs have them. Collingwood are the only exception, they have a higher percentage. It''s part of their dna and most have just wandered down from the trees.

Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Hey, I expected a possible draw, because the Tiggers can panic and play selfish instead of team footy, and I just had a feeling that because this season has had no draws, this game coulda been one.

Put $40 on the draw.

Looks like the Saints panicked and played nervously. Esp the first quarter.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
PJ
SS Life Member

It really is laughable when we lose that posters decide to hook into Jonesy. Yep the loss was totally his fault no one else should be held to account.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.