Let's get behind Tom Lee today

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Let's get behind Tom Lee today

Somebody needs to stick a rocket up his clacker.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
PurpleHayes
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote:
Bluthy wrote:Lee looks very ungainly when running and chasing like Stanley does. It always worries me when I see that for some reason as if it reflects a disconnect between their brain and body. I can't remember to many really good players who look really uncoordinated.
That's because neither of them are AFL-level footballers. And Stanley is not a footballer at all. He is an athlete.
I love the quote these days 'not an afl level footballer'..

What the F*** does that mean?

Stanley has played 49 games and Lee 19. I'd say they are AFL level footballers.

But rather than harp on that - tell me samuraisaint, if we should delist Lee like you suggested, then who lines up at FF round 1 next year??? Some magical 18yo draft pick or mature age recruit you have up your sleeve pick that will dominate from game 1?!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

PurpleHayes wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:
Bluthy wrote:Lee looks very ungainly when running and chasing like Stanley does. It always worries me when I see that for some reason as if it reflects a disconnect between their brain and body. I can't remember to many really good players who look really uncoordinated.
That's because neither of them are AFL-level footballers. And Stanley is not a footballer at all. He is an athlete.
I love the quote these days 'not an afl level footballer'..

What the F*** does that mean?

Stanley has played 49 games and Lee 19. I'd say they are AFL level footballers.

But rather than harp on that - tell me samuraisaint, if we should delist Lee like you suggested, then who lines up at FF round 1 next year??? Some magical 18yo draft pick or mature age recruit you have up your sleeve pick that will dominate from game 1?!

I'm with Purplehayes why not keep it to constructive criticism not blanket he's s*** stuff. Lee will probably get another year like it or not. He might not make it- the odds are against most making it, but he could still be at least a GOP and still has the ability to become a high level player.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

As members we pay Lees wages. We should be allowed to criticize insipid performances

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Saint wagga
Club Player

I think all our young forward prospects deserve a bit of slack - delivery has been pretty hap hazard, and it's tough when your always being compared to Roo who's a pretty unique player in his marking prowess and also his ability to find separation...perhaps separation isn't the be all and end all, and a solid contest with effective and smart crumbers is not a bad plan B....i really feel for these guys when they get drilled for not finding separation and how they don't attract the ball because they can't run away from their man...again, always going to be magnified by playing alongside probably the greatest modern exponent of separation in Roo...I've felt at times, our complete lack of crumbers at ground level has been shocking, either players not reading the play or not quick enough/fit enough to get to and impact on enough contests as the seaons gone on...It's not an all out cop out on the young forwards but i'm trying to look at it from another angle...I've thought Siposs, Lee and Stanley have all shown promise at various stages...only the coaches know who they rate longer term...don't forget, they've often been copping the 2nd best defender too wheras even last year Milney was getting that match up...keep the faith