Some Encouragement From 1996

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Newman
Club Player

Some Encouragement From 1996

Interesting to note that on this JUNE 23 1996 - Saints lost to West Coast Eagles by 33 points - same amount as yesterday.
It was also our 5th loss in a row. Do you think then that we could imagine then that we'd be in the Grand Final in the following season?
Ok … not saying it will happen in 2015 - but the point is - you can turn it around. With a better list, more confidence, good coaching … we can turn it around in '15.
Let's keep the faith.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Some Encouragement From 1996

Newman wrote:Interesting to note that on this JUNE 23 1996 - Saints lost to West Coast Eagles by 33 points - same amount as yesterday.
It was also our 5th loss in a row. Do you think then that we could imagine then that we'd be in the Grand Final in the following season?
Ok … not saying it will happen in 2015 - but the point is - you can turn it around. With a better list, more confidence, good coaching … we can turn it around in '15.
Let's keep the faith.

I hope you are right but with lenny now likely to go I cant see how we even win 3 games. Hopefully I am wrong.

Plugger_87

we were a better side in 96 finished the year just outside the 8 on 10 wins

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

That 1996 team was in its second or third year of development with a pretty strong list of players, so perhaps it was due to show flex its muscles by 1997. Unfortunately our current is still only in its initial stages of development. Would be nice to think we can show some signs of having future potential next year.

On a side note, I notice we now have two Pluggers in the forum. God help us all!
Last edited by Sainternist on Mon 23 Jun 2014 5:46pm, edited 2 times in total.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

We will do much better next year if our horror run with injuries finishes.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:We will do much better next year if our horror run with injuries finishes.

Who will we be better than next year BB?

Austinnn
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
borderbarry wrote:We will do much better next year if our horror run with injuries finishes.

Richmond
Carlton
Essendon
Brisbane
Adelaide
Wesst Coast
Fremantle

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Richmond
Carlton
Essendon
Brisbane
Adelaide
Wesst Coast
Fremantle

No worries. Why not the hawks as well?

Austinnn
Club Player

Nah, the Hawks will be a 3-goal better side than us next year.

Maayyyyybe Geelong and the Pies though.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Nah, the Hawks will be a 3-goal better side than us next year.

Maayyyyybe Geelong and the Pies though.

Sounds good. Do they have doctors in France?

Austinnn
Club Player

The medical system is actually pretty good here. I am not mental, if that's what you're implying. You've got your funny little beliefs P66, please allow me mine. Feel free to PM me your apology in October 2015.

Look, I'm not steaming in here with capital letters and all sorts of absolutes for making these apparently outrageous claims, just a quiet list of teams I believe we'll be better than next year. Probably wrong, just like 90% of the nonsense on this forum. But we'll see. Don't ask me to support my claims with evidence or facts, because I can't. I know less about football than some of you (cue witty rejoinder) and haven't had the pleasure of watching a full game this year. But...

Are the teams on my list going to be better or worse than they have been this year? Will we really be as bad as we have been this year? How do you know? Anything can happen. But go ahead, laugh. I'm not fussed. Remember where you saw this predicition after the 2015 is over.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:The medical system is actually pretty good here. I am not mental, if that's what you're implying. You've got your funny little beliefs P66, please allow me mine. Feel free to PM me your apology in October 2015.

Look, I'm not steaming in here with capital letters and all sorts of absolutes for making these apparently outrageous claims, just a quiet list of teams I believe we'll be better than next year. Probably wrong, just like 90% of the nonsense on this forum. But we'll see. Don't ask me to support my claims with evidence or facts, because I can't. I know less about football than some of you (cue witty rejoinder) and haven't had the pleasure of watching a full game this year. But...

Are the teams on my list going to be better or worse than they have been this year? Will we really be as bad as we have been this year? How do you know? Anything can happen. But go ahead, laugh. I'm not fussed. Remember where you saw this predicition after the 2015 is over.

I was joking. Dont take things so seriously. Yes i will remember where I saw it and will post it if right. The good thing is I wont post it when you are proven wrong.

And I dont know if we will be as bad as this year. Doubt anyone knows much till at least after the draft. I do hope we can get Ablett, Franklin and Wingard though as they will help.

Austinnn
Club Player

Hey Plugger, don't worry mate it's fine, no offence taken, I got the spirit of your words as I always do, that's why I'm not one of the people trying to get you off this site. It's hard to register feeling in text, I keep forgetting that! Maybe more exclamation marks would help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think we need the players you mention. Let's build our own stars, like we did the last time. You can go ahead and rub my nose in it if I'm proven wrong, like I said I don't mind.

Just My Opinion

You'll Never Walk Alone