What a great ground!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Club Player

What a great ground!

I have lived in Adelaide now for 20 years. I had avoided going to the newly upgraded Adelaide oval until the Saints played here. No matter how the game ended, and the disappointment of watching a skillfull side make us look ordinary the new Adelaide oval is a great place to be. Standing on the hill with my son, a concentration of red black and white clad youngsters and some fellow greybeards the entire experience was singular. memories of Morabbin, Vic Park and suburban footy when I was a kid and standing with my mates. It is what most grounds lack. What a great solution to leave the hill and let those who love the footy and the occasional beer have some place to feel comfortable. I did not see anything that was not in fun, good humour and camerarderie. Even with over 40,000 at the ground there was plenty of room. Sure the weather was as good as we were awful(in the second half) yet all around me stayed to the end.
For those in Vic land- do yourselves a favour and come over at least once to watch the boys here.

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: What a great ground!

Just odd that the stadium - who did insist they controlled the ticketing- well the security guard thought they did- sold tickets into the Saints cheer squad area for Port supporters.

suggestion for those who are looking to attend games interstate - who may struggle to get a seat in a saints area- consider asking/ requesting to sit in the cheer squad area.
yes there area few regulations.. generally drink related

and if you feel able to providing some saints colour and noise it is always welcome.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

That security guard next to our bay was a foucking moron and I let him know of that.

The ground was great, can't wait to head back at the end of the year. It's just a shame they have such an amazing stadium nod so many feral people inside it.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
noddy04
Club Player

It was a great atmosphere up where we were Brat and Dools. But we did try to get down to where you guys were but old mr green jacket was like the gestapo. Great to see you guys again and thanks dools for the oval experience (again). We will see you at the G for the second last game v tigers and then back to Adelaide oval for the last. Hopefully our tickets will be with you guys. Go Saints:)

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Certainly looks a thousand times better on TV than the old Footy Park. That place was a poor man's version of Waverley.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The ground is sensational. Was there for the Ashes.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

It's also in Radelaide not Southern Alice Springs (Westlakes) which helps.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Speaking of Alice Springs - the best ground I've seen a game of footy at this year was Traeger Park. What a beautiful ground with the Ranges in the background. Should've delayed the game a bit so you southerners in flat cities could've enjoyed the sun setting behind Mt Gillen. Pity about the small crowd, AFL stuffed up and put it on a non pay week - no show by most of the communities.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Will probably single handedly revatalise the Adelaide economy.

How long did it take them to figure out the economic value of building a good stadium in the city?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:Speaking of Alice Springs - the best ground I've seen a game of footy at this year was Traeger Park. What a beautiful ground with the Ranges in the background. Should've delayed the game a bit so you southerners in flat cities could've enjoyed the sun setting behind Mt Gillen. Pity about the small crowd, AFL stuffed up and put it on a non pay week - no show by most of the communities.
What do you mean by non pay week? Do you mean dole payments?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
desertsaint wrote:Speaking of Alice Springs - the best ground I've seen a game of footy at this year was Traeger Park. What a beautiful ground with the Ranges in the background. Should've delayed the game a bit so you southerners in flat cities could've enjoyed the sun setting behind Mt Gillen. Pity about the small crowd, AFL stuffed up and put it on a non pay week - no show by most of the communities.
What do you mean by non pay week? Do you mean dole payments?
Welfare and work. Pretty hard to stretch the budget when you're living week to week.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "