Webster

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Webster

That 24 hour bakery in Hobart is seriously awesome by the way.
Id love a pie from there right now.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:That 24 hour bakery in Hobart is seriously awesome by the way.
Id love a pie from there right now.
Do ya want Jimmy to organise the sauce? :P

ljpoyz
Club Player

Anyone who saw Webby on Schneiderman will know he isn't that smart...

saintjake
Club Player

Went to get a pie by himself after a night out, dropped it whilst eating it, picked it back up (who hasn't done that when they're pissed)
A girl abuses him, something like "ew you disgusting rat"
He throws it at her and accompanies it with "you eat it then you fat bi..."
Her boyfriends comes over to fight and it turns out Jimmy can handle himself fairly well.

I hardly think it's anything that needs to head for the bomb shelter.
Young bloke, on break, back home with his mates which resulted in some poor judgment.

Relax everyone

saintjake
Club Player

gringo wrote:The incident seems to have been played out as Webster and his girlfriend were sitting on a bench and some guys with their girlfriends walked past. One recognised him and said a few things that Webster rudely dismissed then when they were walking away Webster called one of the girls a fat c#$@. The boyfriend came up to Webster aggravated and Webster punch him splitting his lip. The both of them ere supposedly very drunk.

Completely untrue

ChelseaGuy
Club Player

I think the point should be that Webster put himself in a situation that could cause embarassment to the club. The club has dealt with it and sent the message that this behavior will not be tolerated. After time served, Jimmy will have learnt a lesson and we can concentrate on the footy

ChelseaGuy
Club Player

Sorry duplicate post

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:If Jimmy did for certain punch someone even if drunk he should be quietly delisted at the end of the season. Plugger is right. One punch can kill. Jimmy is lucky not be unemployed as of now IMO.
Zero tolerance hey? That's a policy that's never failed.

Or maybe it's worth giving a young guy a chance to learn a lesson. He was an idiot, he did something that no man should do, let's give the kid a chance to show that he can lift his game.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

you can take the boy out of tassie but you can't take tassie out of the boy...imho....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:If Jimmy did for certain punch someone even if drunk he should be quietly delisted at the end of the season. Plugger is right. One punch can kill. Jimmy is lucky not be unemployed as of now IMO.
Zero tolerance hey? That's a policy that's never failed.

Or maybe it's worth giving a young guy a chance to learn a lesson. He was an idiot, he did something that no man should do, let's give the kid a chance to show that he can lift his game.
sorry sp but that's crap...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I dont think calling sps view 'crap' is very helpful.

I think this one is an issue of personal morality/conscience and I think its entirely valid for sp to have his own view and it should be respected.

I personally wouldnt de-list him but thats my view but it doesnt mean sp's view is 'crap'.

Firstly you wouldnt de-list him because hes tradeable and wed get something for him.

Secondly its good it was dealt with early and the leadership group made a call on it. No charges have been laid so it cant have been that serious. But agree with sp that these things can end badly - but i guess thats life. If the guy was injured hed be in bigger trouble - but the guy wasnt injured. And thats how life is sometimes. Capricious.

By comparison the Pies kept Marley Williams on and his was a much more serious and pre-meditated incident. Not that we want to use the Pies as a moral benchmark.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Fri 06 Jun 2014 9:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Back to those pies.
I have managed to go that Bakery twice around 3am (or whenever you get kicked out of the bars in Hobart) and eaten a pie while absolutely smashed and managed not to get into fisticuffs so its not that hard. But Im not an AFL player so noone would hassle me. But next time I go if Jimmy is there i wont ask for some spare sauce as it might upset him. But it must be one Australia's best bakeries - the fact it opens 24 hours is genius.