Umpiring v Pies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Umpiring v Pies

Once again chose when to pay frees and then to ignore them. Dont know when the rule came in that if you cant kick it to a team mate just get tackled and drop it. 5 Pies goals from frees is just what you need.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Umpiring v Pies

Another game lost because of the umpires. That makes 7 now. I have them only umpiring well in 3 games this season. By the way we got 2 goals from frees and you say they got 5. Interesting percentages.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Not so much the decisions against us the things missed. Last quarter Cloke holding opponent off by the neck, then get free for jumper held. goal. That mark of Stanleys on the boundary that was'nt paid. Bodgy free to Collingwood gthen 50 metres when asked question. Goal.
It nearly always happens to us, and always has.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Another game lost because of the umpires. That makes 7 now. I have them only umpiring well in 3 games this season. By the way we got 2 goals from frees and you say they got 5. Interesting percentages.

Didnt say anything about us losing because of the umpires. We didnt get two goals from frees please dont lie.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Another game lost because of the umpires. That makes 7 now. I have them only umpiring well in 3 games this season. By the way we got 2 goals from frees and you say they got 5. Interesting percentages.

Didnt say anything about us losing because of the umpires. We didnt get two goals from frees please dont lie.

I think we did. How do you know the pies got 5? And I didnt say you said we lost because of umpiring I actually said it.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Umpiring was appalling
Did not effect the result, but it was very ordinary, don't see why you can't complain about terrible decisions without having it made out that it cost the Saints the game.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:Umpiring was appalling
Did not effect the result, but it was very ordinary, don't see why you can't complain about terrible decisions without having it made out that it cost the Saints the game.
Worst free's were those un rewarded tackles in the third on our half forward line time and time again.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I agree. Thought it was poor for a friday night game which usually gets the better umps.

PJ
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:Not so much the decisions against us the things missed. Last quarter Cloke holding opponent off by the neck, then get free for jumper held. goal. That mark of Stanleys on the boundary that was'nt paid. Bodgy free to Collingwood gthen 50 metres when asked question. Goal.
It nearly always happens to us, and always has.
The Cloke one was the worst by a long way. He had one hand on the throat and the other with a hand full of jumper, 2 frees there alone and he gets the free kick.

If we are critical of players then umpires require the same level of scrutiny, didn't think they helped one side or the other particularly- No excuses just poor standard.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Umpiring was a joke, but they're human. Sometimes when you play like cr#p everything just looks clumsy. Other teams have all the momentum and the rub of the green goes against you. But that mark of Stanley's should certainly have been paid. Best umpire I have ever seen was Glen James. After returning from Vietnam nothing scared him. Would pay decisions he knew were fair but would be unpopular - and back in those days if people didn't like your decisions they would through full cans of beer at you and worse.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Viking3
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

I think we did. How do you know the pies got 5? And I didnt say you said we lost because of umpiring I actually said it.
Without even reviewing the game I know for sure that Riewoldt got 1 goal from a free. Got paid against Elliott for holding. 2nd quarter I believe.
Geez, that's twice this week I've agreed with you Plugger! :wink:

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't go quoting percentages if my estimate of our goals from frees is out by 100%

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i thought the maggots were their usual cheating selves...sure one of them was a filth supporter too...bloody obviously in fact........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.