Wright has been placed on LTI

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Wright has been placed on LTI

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-04-2 ... njury-list

No upgrade yet announced as at Wed 23 April

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Re: Wright has been placed on LTI

After recent performances Weller you would expect to be the front runner for promotion?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
thequarry
Club Player

Interesting one. Lewis Pierce is only ~3 weeks from returning, which means Eli has the same amount left as a "senior" player if the club chooses to upgrade someone else.

It looks like Mav would be the obvious choice from the remaining rookies? Or they could consciously decide Eli has more to offer over the next three months than Mav as a senior player. They might wait a few more weeks and see how Eli responds to his quieter past week or two, because there would still be around two months of NW being on the LTI and that's still plenty of time for either Eli or Mav to make a mark.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:After recent performances Weller you would expect to be the front runner for promotion?
Well going on this report - you'd think Weller is a certainty - but I guess they will think about team balance issue as well.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2014-04-2 ... -breakdown

Maverick Weller
39 touches, 19 kicks and 20 handballs, a good disposal efficiency and three goals. I think I was quoted the other week about Mav nearly playing a perfect game, but this has just about topped that.

Obviously he dominated and he did all this on top of shutting down Liam Anthony, who is a dangerous player for them. It was a really close to complete performance.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Agreed Quarry Templeton has been good but I dont think they would expect him to play many more games at that level he is starting to tire. I would like to see Weller elevated to trial him in the Jones forward defensive role I think its time the club looked to the future. Jones has been a good stopper but has far too many weaknesses to continue to hold his place and prevent the development of other players...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Who can we sacrifice so that both eli and mav can stay ?

In red white and black from 73
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:Who can we sacrifice so that both eli and mav can stay ?
In a month and a half we get the free mid-season rookie upgrade, so that will give them a bit more leeway in managing it.

FWIW, I think with Armo and right out for an extended period it's the perfect time to try another hardnut. Mav has obviously earned the right, if there's integrity in the selection process then surely he gets a run ASAP. That gives Eli three more weeks to get back to top form, though I think he could go out this week without feeling too hard done by.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Eli has done enough to earn himself a promotion at years end... realistically that's the most he could have hoped/planned for

I'm not suggesting he shouldn't play again/anymore but there are a few other players knocking down the door for a similar role

I'd like to suss them out

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

It's a bit of a quandry, but I agree with a few other Posters, that we should give Mav an opportunity while we can, at the top level- he deserves it. Eli still has a few games to go and as expected, may be settling back a little.

FQF
SS Life Member

I think Seb has first dibs on the spot (Armo's place) that Mav would also be competing for, so Mav is still a little bit down the pecking order. Unless he overtakes Seb, which doesn't seem likely because Seb has been in better form, then he's still out of the side.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:I think Seb has first dibs on the spot (Armo's place) that Mav would also be competing for, so Mav is still a little bit down the pecking order. Unless he overtakes Seb, which doesn't seem likely because Seb has been in better form, then he's still out of the side.
on game day yes- But he is also alrady on the main list-- Mav to even be considered needs to be upgraded.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
FQF
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:
FQF wrote:I think Seb has first dibs on the spot (Armo's place) that Mav would also be competing for, so Mav is still a little bit down the pecking order. Unless he overtakes Seb, which doesn't seem likely because Seb has been in better form, then he's still out of the side.
on game day yes- But he is also alrady on the main list-- Mav to even be considered needs to be upgraded.
I guess the question then is what the purpose of a rookie upgrade is.

Either it's a token way of saying "well done, keep up the good work" or it is solely for the purpose of getting the rookie into the senior team. I would have thought the latter.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
I guess the question then is what the purpose of a rookie upgrade is.

Either it's a token way of saying "well done, keep up the good work" or it is solely for the purpose of getting the rookie into the senior team. I would have thought the latter.
Agree. I reckon its on a needs basis rather than a 'reward for good work'.
Mav is being noticed and his time will come and hopefully hes a long time Sainter.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

A player is not placed on the long term injury list for no reason. He will be out for however long he is out for, ireelevant of what list he is on. The only reason to actively put him on the LTI is to promote a rookie.
Mav will be promoted IMO. They can't ignore Mav's form IMO, and if he can pick up 30+ touches whilst being a VERY effective tagger then they will want him in.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

they are building for the future....mav, eli and seb are all part of that future...imho, that is....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Is Eli really tiring? If so, make him the sub. Remember how Saunders bounced back in the Adelaide game the week after being sub? As Eli's LTI list upgrade period is nearing its end, I would not be 'resting' him till then.

Weller's form seems to be simply demanding that he be upgraded with Wright on the LTI list.

We also need to get a decent look at the Panther before making a call on his future at season's end. And his form (this year and last) warrants an upgrade... so IMHO stop stuffing around with Roberton's ankle. Put him on the LTI list and let him get better. He's to good a player to be messing around with, especially in a 'building' season like this.

So that's...
Eli plays till Lew Pierce returns. (Three more weeks?)
The Maverick upgraded for Wright going onto the LTI list.
The Panther upgraded for Roberton going onto the LTI list.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Did any of the rookies go to New Zealand? That would give an indication as to what is going to happen.