missed Hickey today....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

missed Hickey today....

There was many things wrong about our play today.... but I thought we missed Hickey big time.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: missed Hickey today....

Completely agree

So quickly has become not just a great ruckman, but a great link kick

Roo spent today as he had to try and do both IMO

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Yes Hickey was missed, especially around the ground. Jacobs is one the better ruckmen playing the game, but he had an easy job today against young Longer, who after all was only playing his 9th game.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Yes Hickey was missed, especially around the ground. Jacobs is one the better ruckmen playing the game, but he had an easy job today against young Longer, who after all was only playing his 9th game.

Though Longer tried hard and will be a good ruckman, but Jacobs out bodied and out positioned him time and time again.

Not a critisism, and with Hickey, we would have still been well beaten, however maybe we may have been a bit more competitive.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I thought he competed okay in the ruck just Hickey has a bit more around the ground. Will be a good player but still got a bit of development before he takes the number 1 ruck spot.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Gumby will bounce back like rubber next week.

noob
Club Player

I think players get continuity when the same ruckman is playing week in and week out. You get to know the rucks strengths and weaknesses. It was Longer's first game in combat so it would probably take a few weeks for players to gel to his style of play.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Love Longer's leap.
Probably a couple of years away but so is the team.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Longer's stats sort of mirrored Hickey from last round
9 touches, flogged in the hit outs and his opponent BOG

Sauce is a top Ruckman.

The way Hickey took Mumford, Spencer and Cox apart.... He would have made the difference. Indeed?!

Longer will be ok, that I am in no doubt

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Longer's stats sort of mirrored Hickey from last round

Sauce is a top Ruckman.

The way Hickey took Mumford, Spencer and Cox apart.... He would have made the difference. Indeed?!

Maybe watch the game first.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Longer's stats sort of mirrored Hickey from last round

Sauce is a top Ruckman.

You are amazing but not in a good way. If it was hickey the guy would be a hack because you stated it but because you also stated Longer will be a star ever excuse will do. Longer has the same excuses as Hickey last year. You just cant see it. I have no doubt, actually 100% sure you want Hickey to fail so you can bang on about how right you were. Every o ther saint on here who doesnt rate players hopes the are 100% wrong.