What type of player is Shane Savage

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: What type of player is Shane Savage

FQF wrote:Based on the evidence so far, we have come out big winners from our trading. Early days, but the signs are positive.
Personally I see this as a real win/win. IF McEvoy is part of a premiership winning team, hell even if he's part of decent finals campaign then the Hawks will be extremely satisfied with the trade. First of all, they have the midfield that doesn't req a high quality tap ruck man. Second of all, they are at the end of their premiership window (IMO) with their stars hitting the twilight of their careers and need to strike now.

In regards to where we stand in the trade, we would be extremely happy with Dunstan who not only fills an immediate midfield need with Lenny in the twilight of his career but he also addresses a leadership void left by McEvoy. And that's only one component of the trade. IF Savage becomes a 100+ gamer for the club then that's icing on the cake.

The other important part of this trade will be the progress of Acres verse Hartung. By all reports Hartung has really impressed on the track however is seen as having a limited game due to his size. Acres could become anything and if he fulfills his talent then there's further icing on the cake.

I see the first part of the trade, Dunstan verse McEvoy as a real win/win considering where both clubs are at. I see us as having a better chance of winning the trade when you consider the other draftees and Savage.

Finally, the other consideration is whether we would've had the opportunity to recruit Longer if the above trade wasn't done. By all reports he was set to go to Hawthorn until we offered the more immediate impact player in McEvoy to them. IMO Longer has the talent to be one of the premier ruck man in the AFL. Captaining Vic Metro he also adds to our young leadership division.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:anyone else get a feeling of deja vu?

No but I eel like this has happened before.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:I'm not sure I'm with you kosi, I've got NFI what a button ability is, not even joking. Video games?
I had no idea either, which was why I couldn't disagree.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Savage is another in a procession of not-so-hard outside players.
- Milera
- TDL
Don't like the word "soft" as AFL players have to be tough to get that far, but these types of guys can't go the extra yard like Brent Guerra or Luke Ball, to really get in and have a decent crack.
We won't see another Lenny Hayes type for a while, they're once in a generation, much like Rooey.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

A lucky one.