This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cannavaro17
Club Player

All, one things I enjoy most about afl and st kilda is planning our list lol even though I have no influence I constantly think about it and was hoping to hear your thoughts. Pelchen has set a target of winning the big one so obviously to do that we need a team capable. Below is my view of who could be a part of this team, obviously a lot can change, a lot can go right and a lot can go wrong. Below is based on what I have seen, not heard eg everyone has said that markworth looks great in the vfl but he has not yet had a chance to show it in the afl. So we have a team below and its based on the assumption that the players who have shown some continue to do so and in 4 years time hayes etc have retired. So age of no more that 32.

Geary zzzz Gwilt
Gilbert Roberton Wright
Webster Dunstan Newnes
Templeton YYYY Curren
Savage WWWW Lee

Hickey Armitage Steven

Ross VVVV UUUU TTTT

Now obviously we have some potentially great players on our list already eg billings weller acres etc. I am just saying that on the above I have not seen enough yet... maybe you have? Based on my list above and putting aside the fact that we need improvement from every one above we need to find at least 6 more players...all of a sudden maybe we aint that far away e.g. look at the progress jack steven made in 2 years... I say again I would love to hear your thoughts.

Winmar
saint-stu
Club Player

Re: 2018

Four seasons I reckon there are a lot to go out and come in yet.

Billings must be in there. I saw him for the first time last week against Frankston and was very impressed.

Gwilty will be 31 by then so not sure if he'll still be around. We also probably need to offload someone with trade value at the end of the year, but who? Gilbert? Armo?

I haven't seen much of them, but I hope Acres and Bruce develop into something good.

And what about Saunders?! Above Newnes and Ross IMO.

1ac46a38
cannavaro17
Club Player

Aggh saunder my bad... yes ill add him..also dont forget free agency might get us 2 good players.

Winmar
On the Bench
Club Player
Location: Perth. Where Foxtel has now allowed me to watch my beloved Saints each week.

Lenny will be playing

I am still hurting from 71;
my gut churns thinking of 97;
2009 was agony,
2010a was a pleasure to watch only to be devastated by 2010 b.
It hurts barracking for the Saints
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

cannavaro17 wrote:All, one things I enjoy most about afl and st kilda is planning our list lol even though I have no influence I constantly think about it and was hoping to hear your thoughts. Pelchen has set a target of winning the big one so obviously to do that we need a team capable. Below is my view of who could be a part of this team, obviously a lot can change, a lot can go right and a lot can go wrong. Below is based on what I have seen, not heard eg everyone has said that markworth looks great in the vfl but he has not yet had a chance to show it in the afl. So we have a team below and its based on the assumption that the players who have shown some continue to do so and in 4 years time hayes etc have retired. So age of no more that 32.

Geary zzzz Gwilt
Gilbert Roberton Wright
Webster Dunstan Newnes
Templeton YYYY Curren
Savage WWWW Lee

Hickey Armitage Steven

Ross VVVV UUUU TTTT

Now obviously we have some potentially great players on our list already eg billings weller acres etc. I am just saying that on the above I have not seen enough yet... maybe you have? Based on my list above and putting aside the fact that we need improvement from every one above we need to find at least 6 more players...all of a sudden maybe we aint that far away e.g. look at the progress jack steven made in 2 years... I say again I would love to hear your thoughts.

A delicious post that everyone can build upon!

What I liked about Saturday's Sandringham practice match was that players like Bruce, Longer and Markworth just look like genuine AFL talent.

Bruce would have to be his size and how vocal he was at the quarter time breaks. Markworth his speed and reading the game and Longer just stood out. Longer and Bruce I've seen one game live from what I can remember, but it was the first impression I got.

Those three to me were just a cut above most that we have had in the reserves for a while.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Savage would want to improve markedly on last weeks effort to be seen as the future.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
spot on
Club Player

Geary Bruce ......
Wright ..... Webster
Acres armo Saunders
Markworth Stanely savage
Billings white lee

Hickey Steven Dunstan
Templton curren newses Ross longer Murdock

Been a bit kind to our key forwards, need to find a chf and chb. More mid field