Connolly on Roo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Connolly on Roo

I think bratty may have posted this elsewhere, but since our press over the last 12 months has been so woeful, and opening the Age in particular has required fortitude, this is a truly cracking article on our captain that I thought it worth a bump in a separate thread.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/n ... hvlx1.html

Always loyal
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Connolly on Roo

Great article. What a champ.

I hope he can play on next year as well.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

A lot of people talk about players althetes rather than footballers ie Stanley. But I think out of all the great footballers Nick Riewoldt I'd possibly he best athlete we've seen, certainly of any key position player. Able to run like a midfielder and cover 20k per game.
I remember when Daley Thompson took some training sessions he said that if he could train Nick for four years he could get him into an Olympic 400m final. Quite incredible when you think about it.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

we all owe nick big time.......guts it out every week with his heart on his sleeve.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
mordi
Club Player

Is there footage of his great chase in the first qtr, when he forced the Demon player to run out? Inspirational stuff!

What's the Point of it All?
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

mordi wrote:Is there footage of his great chase in the first qtr, when he forced the Demon player to run out? Inspirational stuff!
+1.

That was perhaps the turning point

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

mordi wrote:Is there footage of his great chase in the first qtr, when he forced the Demon player to run out? Inspirational stuff!

Watched the replay yesterday and at that time the commentators were on the "Oh Melbourne is a different team under Paul Roos: meme.

All Darcy could say was how great it was for the Demon player to "take the game on".

Funnily enough, from where I was sitting, the Demon player ran out of bounds as Reiwoldt chased he all the way up the field. But not one word of praise from the commentators.

Darcy is an A grade idiot.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Stian
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:

Watched the replay yesterday and at that time the commentators were on the "Oh Melbourne is a different team under Paul Roos: meme.

All Darcy could say was how great it was for the Demon player to "take the game on".

Funnily enough, from where I was sitting, the Demon player ran out of bounds as Reiwoldt chased he all the way up the field. But not one word of praise from the commentators.

Darcy is an A grade idiot.
Darcy always either takes a negative view or ignores STK altogether (just like this example of Roo). I have a theory that at some time, either as a player or a coach, he went for a job at STK and got knocked back - hence the unusual/unnatural bitterness.

Can anybody shed any light on that theory, one way or the other?