caro sinks the slipper into saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

caro sinks the slipper into saints

is she justified....maybe...but you be the judge.....why just the saints.....what about her tigers....king...martin ...etc..???

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/n ... hvkvt.html

"Having been the leader of a generation of St Kilda footballers - some of whom spent years in a bubble - who came tantalisingly close to a premiership but ultimately lost, it is heartening that Nick Riewoldt has moved to influence the competition to better care for its players. And by extension the Saints take some responsibility for a lost generation of young men away from the game.'

still ...hard to read about allen...not much the saints can do about saad or milne.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: caro sinks the slipper into saints

stinger wrote:is she justified....maybe...but you be the judge.....why just the saints.....what about her tigers....king...martin ...etc..???

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/n ... hvkvt.html

"Having been the leader of a generation of St Kilda footballers - some of whom spent years in a bubble - who came tantalisingly close to a premiership but ultimately lost, it is heartening that Nick Riewoldt has moved to influence the competition to better care for its players. And by extension the Saints take some responsibility for a lost generation of young men away from the game.'

still ...hard to read about allen...not much the saints can do about saad or milne.....
Even insiders like Pelchen agree that we have been poor in this area in the past. I saw the reference to Nick Riewoldt as praise for the man more than anything else. It says to me that Rooey wants to leave a legacy not just on the club, but the entire competition. If the club plays this right it can be a real positive going forward !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Rooey should be given a role with the AFL on his retirement. He has genuine concerns about the future of the game and its players and expresses them intelligently.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

I can't see Roo being the coaching type after retirement ... He is a good media performer so that might be a future carreer path .. But I get the feeling once Roo is done playing he might head to the US maybe pick up an ambassador role with the AFL

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stinger
Saintsational Legend

good story about roo and his loyalty to the saints in todays hun....written by robbo........mentions how that fat creep eddie everywhere took it upon himself to singlehandedly steal roo from us........ :twisted: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Its a typical wilson story !

She could have written it from any club's prespective .
The club is trying to do its best but will always fail some players .
It reflects society , where there are always people who fall through the cracks .

So she writes about the saints with the pen in one hand and a sword in the other , reinforcing the negative " typical St Kilda " attitude that most football supporter have .

I would like to see a graph done since 2000 !
Article's on each club !
We would be just behind collingwood .
then if you broke it down to positve and negative story's , i reckon we'd be a mile ahead on the negative side.

In red white and black from 73
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:good story about roo and his loyalty to the saints in todays hun....written by robbo........mentions how that fat creep eddie everywhere took it upon himself to singlehandedly steal roo from us........ :twisted: :evil:

small item that some may have missed from the Presidents message at the seasons launch ( not sure it will help us but can't hurt
http://www.saints.com.au/video/2014-03- ... er-summers
note the sponso mentioned at about 1 min 46

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Had lunch today with someone from part of the industry who's met both Watters and Richo and thinks we are definitely on a much better path with Richo.

Article is spot on.

As a forum, can anyone help mentor Kosi?

He sounds lost at the moment

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Had lunch today with someone from part of the industry who's met both Watters and Richo and thinks we are definitely on a much better path with Richo.

Article is spot on.

As a forum, can anyone help mentor Kosi?

He sounds lost at the moment

Me!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Seems like a begrudgingly positive article to me, at the end of the day we seem to be moving in the right direction as a club...

Apart from a blanket concern I have for any person's well being I can't, however, say that I lose much sleep about the average footballers life after footy. They get paid an exorbitant amount of money to play a game that they (usually) love, there should be no expectation that they should ride the gravy train forever. Even if they're not set up financially for life a career change in ones 20s or 30s is relatively common. Not suggesting we should ignore past players' welfare - especially where serious injury is involved - but there are a lit more pressing matters for us to address first I would have thought...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...