Schnieder OUT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: Schnieder OUT

Scollop wrote:
Zed wrote:
God_Nel wrote:So did anyone get reported for this? It seems like a pretty malicious act, even if it was an 'accident' players should still be responsible for contact with knees just the same as shoulders and elbows like we've seen with bump slipping high over the last couple of seasons. Or does the fact that the head/concussion issue isn't in play here mean it's fair game?
The fact it happened in Adelaide where there was no official vision and only 100 or saints supporters probably didn't give this incident the profile it should have had. Probably something the AFL should consider for future practice matches particularly when the 2 competing teams are not based in the same state.

Bad luck for Schneider I hope he can come back and get a decent injury free run.
That's got nothing to do with it. Armo got kneed in the back by Luke Hodge and there was stacks of vision. Armo was sore and may have missed the week after.

Hodge wasn't cited by MRP and had nothing to answer. In fact umpire gave free kick to Hodge because Milne had held his arm prior to the marking contest. So by that logic if you're pushed in the back you are allowed to punch someone in the head as you fall or elbow someone's jaw on the way down.

We know that umps have a hard time paying frees to some small forwards...It seems they also have a hard time citing reckless acts or rough conduct against some...It seems that some clubs and some players are more deserving of frees and fairness than others.
Hodge actually missed the next 12 weeks after that incident because of his knee. Armitage played the following week. I thought the MRP looked at it but because Milne was holding his arm, decided Hodge didn't have control.
Merrett was suspended for crashing his knee into Roo's back a couple of years ago.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the clarification...the mrp usually needs 2 or 3 of the same type of incidents before they do something. Hodge was lucky in one way....but I suppose it proves that karma is a biatch :twisted:

Also goes to show what a super man brick-s***-house is our Armo

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I think it was the same type of incident that pretty much ended Hamill's career and gave him the "2 weeks" nickname. Put his knee up to protect himself in a marking contest and was never the same.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:I think it was the same type of incident that pretty much ended Hamill's career and gave him the "2 weeks" nickname. Put his knee up to protect himself in a marking contest and was never the same.
Against Geelong yeah?

Was it Corey or Enright?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I was thinking chapman but not confident on that.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

From what I saw today

Billings should be picked... Why waste a talented player in the 2's

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:From what I saw today

Because there are 22 games in a season and it means stuff all if he plays or doesnt play.

falka
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:From what I saw today

Because there are 22 games in a season and it means stuff all if he plays or doesnt play.
and he clearly needs some more fitness under his belt. From what I have seen of him, he is cruising as he doesn't have the running strength yet for afl

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Like Dal

He'll always appear to be cruising

How many games for Dal, C, Ball, BJ play in the twos?

If talent is there, he will step up and find it easier in the afl... With less congestion, less scrappy play,

Every game he plays... His development speeds up

The faster he is an AFL talent the better..... You don't put a thoroughbred with donkeys

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Like Dal

He'll always appear to be cruising

How many games for Dal, C, Ball, BJ play in the twos?

If talent is there, he will step up and find it easier in the afl... With less congestion, less scrappy play,

Every game he plays... His development speeds up

The faster he is an AFL talent the better..... You don't put a thoroughbred with donkeys

The last thing a player needs is to be hurried. He will play enough this year. If he plays 22 games or 10 it wont really matter. They will play him when they think he is ready. if its round one then fine but if its round 6 it doesnt matter in 2018.