Sandy v Frankston 15 March !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sandy v Frankston 15 March !!

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Oh I got what youre saying - sorry I misinterpreted it.
You are saying the afl rule for the final VFL praccy match before the AFL season starts is you have to be coming back from injury? - gotttya. I apologise.

So that means maybe Fisher will have a run? Maybe Markworth? Maybe Murdoch? Maybe even Spencer?

Yep thats correct. I also think players who have played only one game can also play. Of course that may have changed because there is now one less game. Who knows. Well hopefully our club does.
What's the fine in case we muck it up and play ineligible players?
They give us the wooden spoon

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saint-stu
Club Player

BigMart wrote:The Billings does not fumble or miss a target call was over the top... He did both, but showed glimpses... He ran the game out well...
I think you're talking him down a bit. From what I saw he was clearly our best player and by a lot.

I lost count how many contested marks he took and often against a bigger opponent.

He had some great field kicks. Setup a few of the fowards with shots at goal and kicked two himself.

He did miss targets a few times, but I distinctly remember one kick appeared on target but it got caught in the swirly wind and moved.

Very excited about Jack. Very dissapointed with most of the other players. Although I agree with comments that Holmes.. lookes really promising.

1ac46a38
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Arryn is either clearly unfit ATM or has no engine

Billings should play next week without doubt imho
Siposs is done and dusted at AFL level IMO.

Hope he proves me wrong

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

Hope he proves me wrong
According to one bloke on bigfooty Siposs was awesome

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/s ... t-32072946

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Hope he proves me wrong
According to one bloke on bigfooty Siposs was awesome

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/s ... t-32072946
Probably Aaron's dad :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
Probably Aaron's dad :lol:
Possibly - but dont bring it up on here - it will create an unholy war between Bigmart and a few others who for some unknown reason are all obsessed with 'who knows his dad the best'...

Junior
Club Player

I watched alf of the development game and all of the senior game.

Whilst I was there Spencer kicked three of Sandys five goals but to honest did not look like chasing or like he had a second effort. But it was his first hit out of the year, got his hands to the all but did not hold his marks but could of got a few frees for chopping of the arms. He is still very lean.

Milera cruised through, as one would expect was a class above moved well but after the game had ice on his left knee and ice on his right thigh.

Sandy seniors were deplorable and to be perfectly honest it was an embarrasing effort given the amount of ST Kilda listed players.

Sippos was quiet, he simply has no intensity. Think he may be down on confidence took a mark inside fifty in the first quarter directly in front and passed it off to Cockie who was about five meteres closer and on a worse angle. Not sure where he plays, not strong enough to play as a key forward but does not appear to have the tank to play midfield. He as all the ability in the world but should be tearing VFL up. Really disappointed with his game as I think he sound be a regular AFL footballer, I would play him as a lead up half forward.

Ross was fantastic in close won a heap of in tight clearances, I really concentrated n watching this as I do not usually notice him. Thought he played okay, but was sloppy by foot but the conditions were not the best with the wind.

Dennis -Lane is simply not up to AFL standard he has no desire or intensity. He could play VFL all year and kick 30-40 goals but heroes no appear to have any other bow to his game.

Lee was dissappinting but in his defense outside of Billings there was no one else who looked likely to hit a target consistently inside fifty. The guy on him was Scott Simpson who was to big and strong for him, a key defender worth looking at.

Markworth was impressive particular early he looked a class above with the way he moves through traffic, drifted out of the game but finished strongly. On today's for would be one of the few I would consider for next week if he ws not returning from his knee. If he stays fit we need to get some games into him.

Billings was outstanding had around twenty possessions kicked a couple of goals and his marking for his size both one on one and in a pack was one of the reasons he is rated so highly. His kicking was not up to usual standard but was a class above any other player on the field. Looked out of legs in the last but got good game time which was important.

Longer was obliterated by Russell Gabriel, only highlight was he took a coouple of pack marks. Was thrashed in the hitouts at the bounce and around the ground. Left the field just before half time and did not return. I rate Longer but he was terrible.

Delaney played first alf only did it see him get an injury. Took a couple of marks one on I e but did not notice him much which means he was not getting obliterated.

Bruce is worrying me, have now seen him play three times and he does not look like he can kick. Gave away a few free ki krone on one and was beaten by Haretuku. He had a dip and in all fiArness the ball was coming in with not much pressure. He had a go and got a bit of the ball at ground level but would not play him next week.

Simpkin got a bit of the ball but like Bruce was beaten one on one and gave away free kicks. Another player who I think can play but appears to have stalled in his progress.

Dunnell looked slow and unusually not as clean overhead as per usual.

Shenton was a standout down back early providing plenty of run and using the ball better than most. Drifted out of the game a bit in the second half but was one of our better players.

Minchington played through the midfield a bit and was okay but was against the tide.

Weller was one of the best early anod then steady after that, very hard at the ball and the man but his foot skills are dodgy.

Holmes surprised me, I would say he is ahead of Walsh after playing a couple of games. Hit a number of tap outs on to the chest of team mates. Rucked better than Longer and his acceleration of the mark for a guy of his size was unbelievable. Took a strong mark in the goal square and kicked a goal. Would not have got a lot of the ball but was surprised by his ruck work.

My five best were Billings, Markworth, Weller, Shenton and Ross. Could play Delaney on today's form as well as the five mentioned outside of that we are playing guys who do not deserve a game on what I saw today.

Anyway that is my thoughts on what I saw.

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for that comprehensive report junior. Sounds like more headaches for us. (I'm worried if Bruce cant kick for example).

Wish we could sue Watters for negligence for drafting TDL. WTF was he thinking?

Junior
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Thanks for that comprehensive report junior. Sounds like more headaches for us. (I'm worried if Bruce cant kick for example).

Wish we could sue Watters for negligence for drafting TDL. WTF was he thinking?
Not a problem and I have no idea what Watters was thinking.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Junior wrote:Anyway that is my thoughts on what I saw.
Great work there, thanks mate. Shame about Siposs, let's hope he's just taking a while to get started this year - but it doesn't look good.

Junior
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
Junior wrote:Anyway that is my thoughts on what I saw.
Great work there, thanks mate. Shame about Siposs, let's hope he's just taking a while to get started this year - but it doesn't look good.
Hope he makes it as he has the skill but needs to develop a tank and some intensity. He has been in the system long enough to improve the tank but not sure you can improve someone's natural intensity levels.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

FF/CHF

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:FF/CHF
For Sandy maybe.

What year do you think he'll be delisted.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yes... Well really he's not KPP size.

He's a medium

He may well be coming from a way back fitness wise... But today he moved like a 6'2" Kosi

falka
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Yes... Well really he's not KPP size.

He's a medium

He may well be coming from a way back fitness wise... But today he moved like a 6'2" Kosi
Well, delist him now then haha

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Good work Junior!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, very good report... I saw it from the same perspective

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the detailed report Junior. Much appreciated by all of us who live too far away to get to these games.

Maybe we should start considering promoting Holmes, as the others are doing so poorly. He would want to have as many VFL games as possible under his belt before that though.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:Windy, horrible skills, slow!

Holmes, Billing and markworth at times were showing glimpses, otherwise the rest looked GOP at VFL level.

More often than not out pointed by their opponents

You must remember these are practice games. I looked at the reports of the Frankston games. Players did what they had to do. I was at the Casey Williamstown game. We will be on 8 pts after Round 2.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

tony74 wrote:

Holmes, Billing and markworth at times were showing glimpses, otherwise the rest looked GOP at VFL level.

You must remember these are practice games. I looked at the reports of the Frankston games. Players did what they had to do. I was at the Casey Williamstown game. We will be on 8 pts after Round 2.
Tony, what happened to Longer? I though he and Del were just rested in the second half but I'm hearing he injured himself??

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:

We could also be on zero points...

Junior
Club Player

I believe Longer had blurred vision.

Junior
Club Player

tony74 wrote:

Not privy to any inside information so therefore do not know what the instructions were. But if it was anything other than to not get injured and get some minutes in the legs then I fail to see how thow the players managed to do what they had to do.

Skills sloppy, second to the ball and a number of the were beaten one on one and gave away free kicks resulting in goals.

Regardless of instructions no goals in a half of football with so many senior players in against a non aligned sign is poor.

As for the eight points, I hope so but at the moment I am struggling to see a midfield that can win us the game against Melbourne and GWS looked okay as well. Might win both but just as possible to lose both and that has owning to do with what I has seen so far.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Blinking .... That's interesting

I saw him walking out, he was blinking constantly... I thought he must be just one of those guys who blink a lot, it was almost Tourette's like

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Blinking .... That's interesting

I saw him walking out, he was blinking constantly... I thought he must be just one of those guys who blink a lot, it was almost Tourette's like

when we saw him go off the ground we thought it was a cut or face injury or eye ...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107