Good Friday Footy in 2015!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Good Friday Footy in 2015!

stevie wrote:If we ever become a republic, there won't be any more queens birthday holdiay ( or kings birthday which is what is actually is for), or no more commonwealth games ( becoming irrelevant now anyway lol).

So filth and Melbourne (if they still exist) will have to play on Good Friday lol

Why wouldnt there be commonwealth games? Are none in it now republics?

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:If we ever become a republic, there won't be any more queens birthday holdiay ( or kings birthday which is what is actually is for), or no more commonwealth games ( becoming irrelevant now anyway lol).
That's true about the monarchy holiday but it will be replaced with a republic day or the like.
Also the statement regarding commonwealth membership is not accurate. Many countries in the commonwealth either have their own sovereign or are a republic.
http://www.royal.gov.uk/monarchandcommo ... ealth.aspx

dragit
Saintsational Legend

The Commonwealth games... Just like the Olympics but without all the good athletic nations.

They're embarrassing.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
That's true about the monarchy holiday but it will be replaced with a republic day or the like.
Also the statement regarding commonwealth membership is not accurate. Many countries in the commonwealth either have their own sovereign or are a republic.
http://www.royal.gov.uk/monarchandcommo ... ealth.aspx

I didn't realise that about commonwealth, LLS. The games have had their day though. The Gold Coast is lumbered with them in 2018. They only had to out bid some village in Sri Lanka, lol. Ratepayers will be be still paying for it for years. Even some past Olympic cites are still in debt from hosting.

Anyway, a republic is a pipe dream I guess. But you never know. Lol

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Peter Gordon the doggies prez said all the clubs prezs were all for GF footy.

He was rooting for WB, North, Saints and Dees to be the ones in contention to hold the match, given we are most in need.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Peter Gordon the doggies prez said all the clubs prezs were all for GF footy.

He was rooting for WB, North, Saints and Dees to be the ones in contention to hold the match, given we are most in need.

North will play the game. Probably against a bigger side. Hopefully it is rotated. Thats our best chance. I think they will do that as they probably have enough games that are permanent.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Cant believe the OP thinks it is OK to do this on a Christian holiday, but railed against the former Labor govt because the date of the election conflicted with some Jewish holiday.

Hypocritical much?????

BTW I couldn't care less about ANY religious holiday, just think it is a bit rich to whinge only when your brand of fantasy faith is inconvenienced.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

So filth and Melbourne (if they still exist) will have to play on Good Friday lol

Why wouldnt there be commonwealth games? Are none in it now republics?

RSA and India are two republics who are in the Commonwealth. Am guessing they aren't the only ones.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Cant believe the OP thinks it is OK to do this on a Christian holiday, but railed against the former Labor govt because the date of the election conflicted with some Jewish holiday.

Hypocritical much?????

BTW I couldn't care less about ANY religious holiday, just think it is a bit rich to whinge only when your brand of fantasy faith is inconvenienced.

Gold. I don't remember things like this. Lucky you do!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
I Love Jesus Christ wrote:You don't have to be a devout Christian to go to church on Good Friday.
You don't have to be Christian to appreciate having one day which is free of the endless verbal diarrhoea coming from such 'experts' as Hutchie.

I didn't say you can't watch the game if it's on that day. You can have all the footy you like . No doubt greed and the almighty dollar will eventually triumph.
Just don't expect me to be there.

BTW if the day is completely meaningless, then it probably shouldn't be a holiday.
It's about what other sports do and being competitive. If other sports play Good Friday then so should we.

The reason why this season kicks off mid March this year is to compete with the NRL season that started already last week.

GWS and GC were set up as a competitive response to Soccer and the NRL.

That's business. Religion is irrelevant in this regard. Sure, you wouldn't play a game on Good Friday if the crowds and TV ratings were terrible, but it's hardly as big as Christmas Day for a huge majority of the faith.

Let's me honest. If we were talking about some other religion - putting an 'I love Allah' or 'I love Mohammod' and practically making fun on ones beliefs wouldn't be looked upon as lightly as your attempt there saintspremiers.

Seems it's ok mock some beliefs but not others.

Seems it's ok to be antagonistic to some but not others.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Cant believe the OP thinks it is OK to do this on a Christian holiday, but railed against the former Labor govt because the date of the election conflicted with some Jewish holiday.

Hypocritical much?????

Different things. Am election can be any Saturday. I'm happy for footy to be played on any religious holiday though for any religion.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Hypocritical much?????

Different things. Am election can be any Saturday. I'm happy for footy to be played on any religious holiday though for any religion.

I've spent three days tying to comprehend this logic - still nothing.

So you're comfortable with playing a sport on one religious holiday but writing a couple of numbers on a piece of paper is not acceptable on another?

You're an idiot.

Next time fill out a postal vote and save us from this hypocritical crap.

falka
Club Player

Just do it.