Wemt to game...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Wemt to game...

joffaboy wrote:Plus one. Absolutely insane to "expect" 15 games from a first year player. How often does that happen...
There's a handful each year. Kosi played 20 in his first year. In fact about 50% of the Rising Star winners were in their first year: Hasleby played 21, Deledio 22, Selwood 21, Palmer 20, Rich 24, Heppell 23, O'Meara 22. All first round picks obviously but so is Billings.

Others from last year: Whitfield 19, Wines 24, Mayes 18, Vlastuin 18, Kent 15, Jones 22, Terlich 20, Kommer 19, Dwyer 21, Rampe 23. The year before: Wingard 19, Greene 19, Adams 15, Devon Smith 20, Ellis 21, Clay Smith 16, Dickson 17, Magner 17.

Pretty obvious pattern there. They're either first round picks or mature agers. And those who are first round picks by and large have pretty mature bodies. Doesn't look like Billings falls into that category but Dunstan definitely does. He may not ever be a superstar but fingers crossed he could be pretty handy for us in the next few years.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I expect Dunstan to play 15
Firstly he has the body of a 22yo
Secondly we are a weak side. So I see no reason why he cant play 15+.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

philtee wrote:Thanks for the reports WW and Stinger...hope WO gets back home to report !
Was the wind really blowing that hard? Did the GWS players simply find the sweet spot on the
ground where everything they kicked went between the posts from 60m out ?
And why couldn't we do it in the 1st and 3rd quarters?

Also - Was it a road trip to Wagga for you guys? Any good burger or counter lunch stops
we should know about?
i was a bit surprised about the wind comment...to me it was a gentle breeze srtaight across the ground ..not favouring any end......

...road trip alright ...only one stop....on the way back for petrol and coffee......pies at the ground were a big dissapponitment...and they sold out of sausage sangas...had to settle for steak and onions..... :wink: :wink: :wink:

about 7 1/2 thousand there though...good crowd....but very very quiet.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:...had to settle for steak and onions..... :wink: :wink: :wink:
Hope you drove home with the windows open. :wink:

spert wrote:Pretty disappointed from the first bounce- we looked slow without much spark, second to the ball too often, and turned over the ball too much when not under huge pressure. I was hoping Ross and Curren would have shown a bit more but didn't, and I also expected a bit more from Armo who should be in his prime, but like Ross, a little bit slow through the midfield. Ray didn't seem very interested and Gwilt is a worry to me ..and Lenny is a shadow of the champ he was, and I would just play him in the forward line from now on for a little bit of strength and experience in the clinches. Encouraged by Longer, Hickey, Webster and Dunstan. No doubt we miss Steven around the ground and the experience of Fisher and the dash of Roberton in the backline. Richo really needs to get the midfield working a lot better.

Lenny was playing his first game for the year. Looked as slow as usual. If he plays forward for the whole year then it should be at Sandy. He is an onballer and that is all he has going for him. And he will play on the ball. We are still about 5 short as it is.

On the Bench
Club Player
Location: Perth. Where Foxtel has now allowed me to watch my beloved Saints each week.

saintdooley wrote:Yeah was a bit harsh sorry WO.

Sorry it's a bit late....... but good onya Dools for acknowledging the faux pas. Nicely done.

I am still hurting from 71;
my gut churns thinking of 97;
2009 was agony,
2010a was a pleasure to watch only to be devastated by 2010 b.
It hurts barracking for the Saints
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

On the Bench wrote:

Sorry it's a bit late....... but good onya Dools for acknowledging the faux pas. Nicely done.
No probs! I posted after a night on the sauce - so probably should have left it. Have a look at the Belated Game Review post let me know whether you think it was worthwhile.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
On the Bench wrote:

No probs! I posted after a night on the sauce - so probably should have left it. Have a look at the Belated Game Review post let me know whether you think it was worthwhile.
"In vino veritas" WO. I was there and am interested to note we posted similar things . Not that it's a good thing as our observations were similar and quite frankly, we were 1980's awful. It's interesting what you see at the ground compared to the box.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!